Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Leavy - Referee

When an incomplete pass can be "recovered", I question officials. Then after a little checking, I discover Bill Leavy is the same incompetent that screwed Seattle in their Super Bowl appearance. Thank you, Bill.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Leavy - Referee

I hate that sumbitch with a passion
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

what a moron.
Old 12-04-2011   #4
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
what a moron.
After the challenge when they said, "the call on the field stands.". I was shocked to say the least.
Old 12-04-2011   #5
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Now the defensive holding call for the automatic first down. Referees must have bet Atlanta.
Old 12-04-2011   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

da da da douche.....
Old 12-04-2011   #7
PhilpW
Irish-American

Texans beat Falcons and Zebras today. Awesome win.
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Crappy Zebra(ass) holes!
Old 12-04-2011   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Except for the Yates' non-fumble that was returned for a non-touchdown....

I think they got it right 98% of the time. They missed a flinch on a Falcons' offensive lineman in the 4th quarter, but it was tiny.

IMO, the flinch by Briesel was legitimate, even if it was tiny too.

And we got a defensive holding call on us that extended Falcons' drive. But Dunta got flagged for the same thing afterward and it sustained our drive. All in all, they called it right both ways.

The Antonio Smith was, IMO, a hit to the head even if it was down around Ryan's jaw area. Hit to the head. It is what it is. They saw it and flagged it.

Guys, I watched this same ref crew call a flag on every other play during I think maybe one of the Broncos games a few games ago...they were flag happy that day. I don't think they were flag happy today.
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I think they got it right 98% of the time. They missed a flinch on a Falcons' offensive lineman in the 4th quarter, but it was tiny.
Then you must have missed the 3 not called late hits out of bounds.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ's 'helmet-to-helmet' with only one helmet involved...
Old 12-04-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Then you must have missed the 3 not called late hits out of bounds.
Maybe. All I know is that I don't think the refs inserted themselves into the game as badly as I have seen them do in the past, and I'm talking about THIS particular squad of refs.

What I saw was that if a ref made the call on the field, the head ref was going to stick up for the ref who made the initial ruling. I mean, nobody was going to get a call overturned today. They called a pretty good game, I felt.
Old 12-04-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
KJ's 'helmet-to-helmet' with only one helmet involved...
They picked up the flag on that play - No penalty.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #14
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was shocked they picked that one up. Refs seem to always flag big hits even if they are legal because the league wants to outlaw those plays
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was confused at this point, entirely too many beers being drunk. Thanks for getting me straight
Old 12-04-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I was shocked they picked that one up. Refs seem to always flag big hits even if they are legal because the league wants to outlaw those plays
Which is ruining the game.

Thanks Goodell,

Hopefully your tenure as commishioner will be ending soon. You've helped ruin the officiating, which was terrible to begin with. You've almost done the impossible in regards to the officiating.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

IMO, the flinch by Briesel was legitimate, even if it was tiny too.

And we got a defensive holding call on us that extended Falcons' drive. But Dunta got flagged for the same thing afterward and it sustained our drive. All in all, they called it right both ways.

The Antonio Smith was, IMO, a hit to the head even if it was down around Ryan's jaw area. Hit to the head. It is what it is. They saw it and flagged it.

Guys, I watched this same ref crew call a flag on every other play during I think maybe one of the Broncos games a few games ago...they were flag happy that day. I don't think they were flag happy today.
Only in the NFL, the replay-happy NFL, can you only get it right 98% of the time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read