Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Cincinnati Bengals. 12/11. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
The injuries keep piling up for the Houston Texans, but they have still found a way to string together a franchise-record six straight wins.

The slumping Cincinnati Bengals would settle for one victory at this point.

With All-Pro wide receiver Andre Johnson out, rookie third-string quarterback T.J. Yates will be under center for the Texans on Sunday when they could clinch their first AFC South title with a team-record 10th win.

Now that Matt Schaub (foot) and Matt Leinart (collarbone) are out for the season, the Texans (9-3) have given the keys to their offense to Yates, a fifth-round pick from North Carolina.

Houston, though, is not expecting the rookie to carry the club, especially with Arian Foster and Ben Tate leading the NFL’s third-ranked rushing attack at 152.6 yards per game. The Texans are also second in total defense allowing 271.4 yards per game and points allowed per contest with 15.8.

Yates was sacked three times and missed a few throws in his first NFL start last Sunday, a 17-10 victory over Atlanta, but Texans coach Gary Kubiak will gladly take a 188-yard effort with a touchdown and no interceptions.

The Bengals’ road to the postseason is not as clear cut, as they have dropped three of four following a 5-0 run. Cincinnati’s last three losses have come against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Cincinnati didn’t play like one last Sunday, committing 10 penalties in a 35-7 loss at Pittsburgh. Rookie quarterback Andy Dalton, though, knows the Bengals have three home games left and a chance to break out of the pack of five 7-5 teams to secure a wild-card spot.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;...id=20111211004

Quote:
What I want to see:

Let the rookie throw it early, and get the TEs involved in that process

I say this almost every week, and I'm not backing off it! Ha. But seriously, we have to show the Bengals that we aren't scared to throw it on their defense. It's a very, very good one. However, they are missing their best CB, and could be missing another. So with that said, let's show 'em that we have a QB that could make it tough for their D. Get Daniels and Dreessen involved, and make them respect the pass game.

Rattle the Ginger

Andy Dalton is one awesome rookie QB, but vs high ranked defenses, he's been rather beat up. Last week, he got battered around by the Steelers D. This week, he faces another top defense. Let's get to him early and often. Don't necessarily need sacks to make a statement. Knockdowns and hurries can cause him some problems.

J-Jo, make 'em pay!

Playa, they didn't even want you back! Make them pay by getting a pick or two, and shutting their best receiver down. They love to go up top, looking for the big play. Stay with A.J. Green, hold him to a minimal amount of catches, and make the Bengals regret losing you.

WIN THE DIVISION!

See that? We need a couple of 1s in our column!

No b.s. today....

LETS GET WIN #10 and CLINCH THIS DIVISION!!!!!!

Last edited by ThaShark316; 12-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a day we've been waiting for for a while. Let's get it done.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #3
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Cincinnati Bengals. 12/11. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread

looks like we will be playing the role of the underdog again. Thanks to the so called "experts". When will they learn. SMH.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Cincinnati Bengals. 12/11. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread

Happy Texan Day....D E F E N C E WINS Championships
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We've been the underdog, shown no respect, pushed to the back burner, been an after thought, completely overlooked by some in the media, and insulted by some thinking just because the almighty COLTS are failing this year, we have a "soft," "easy," division!! I LOVE IT!! Let them be doubters!! Our boys have something this year I've NEVER seen in the entire team in our prevous nine years, and that is ATTITUDE! The word can't is not in their vocabulary! They will give 100% for four quarters today, and even if they lose, it will not be because they quit believing.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for this game to start! LOVE my team, and today, the team with the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, is gonna get a taste of what it feels like to get stomped by a TEXAN BULL!!

34-6 TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #6
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think while at church this morning I might have to offer up a prayer for Andy Dalton to be able to walk at the end of the game after our defensive line is through with him.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I think while at church this morning I might have to offer up a prayer for Andy Dalton to be able to walk at the end of the game after our defensive line is through with him.
LOL!

He didn't look too please along the side line in his last game against the Steelers.

Go Texans!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011   #8
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

4 1/2 hours damn i dying here...i need football...GO SAINTS
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not on the Texans roster, but I hope they win one for my dad today.

RIP, Dad. Love you.
Old 12-11-2011   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Score early and often!
Old 12-11-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet the house against the 3 point Bengals favor. This is one time that Vegas succumbed to some strippers sitting on their laps, while they calculated their odds.

The Bengals are my favorite..........They're your favorite too...........Aren't they?............Well, aren't they?!...........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet the house against the 3 point Bengals favor. This is one time that Vegas succumbed to some strippers sitting on their laps, while they calculated their odds.

The Bengals are my favorite..........They're your favorite too...........Aren't they?............Well, aren't they?!...........
Hell NO!!!

Dammit!!
And you've ruined the mood.
Now get off me!!
The game is about to come on.
Old 12-11-2011   #13
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

As important as this game is, I can't but to be completely calm and confident in our team's abilities. I think it's finally sunk in that the Houston Texans are a good team.

I'm thinking we put the heat on Dalton and force a few errors and Yates to play a modest, but smart game. I'm thinking we win by 10, 24-14.
Old 12-11-2011   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

How great will it be if the Texans clinch their first ever division title and playoff appearance at 3pm CST (Texans win, Titans loss)? I wouldn't mind to see it happen in person, next week in Reliant. Either way, it's going to be special for the franchise and their fans. Many of us have rooted for them before they ever existed. The biggest win ever was the victory over LA to win the rights to the expansion team. It's time for another big win.

Edit: Looking at the prognosticators above, it's the talking heads and skill players who have a difficult time wrapping their head around the concept of winning with a 3rd string QB. It's the linemen (Golic & Schlereth) that realize that you win up front.
Old 12-11-2011   #15
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't think she has that kind of influence, but I'll be glad to take one for the team and find out.

Texans 21 - Bengals 14.
TejasTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wearing my Liberty White away jersey after a great game day breakfast. Texas take this one by 10, 23-13.

Tits lose, we clinch!

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How great will it be if the Texans clinch their first ever division title and playoff appearance at 3pm CST (Texans win, Titans loss)? I wouldn't mind to see it happen in person, next week in Reliant. Either way, it's going to be special for the franchise and their fans. Many of us have rooted for them before they ever existed. The biggest win ever was the victory over LA to win the rights to the expansion team. It's time for another big win.

Edit: Looking at the prognosticators above, it's the talking heads and skill players who have a difficult time wrapping their head around the concept of winning with a 3rd string QB. It's the linemen (Golic & Schlereth) that realize that you win up front.
Well, they do get all the press and fan adoration which leads them to believe it's all about them. Poor deluded souls. They're in their own special little worlds.
Old 12-11-2011   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Wearing my Liberty White away jersey after a great game day breakfast. Texas take this one by 10, 23-13.

Tits lose, we clinch!

Go Texans!
I fear that the Titans will win just to piss us off. Plus, I don't really trust the Saints outdoors and on the road.
Old 12-11-2011   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody find it remotely odd that Bengals fans will cite weather as a possible determining factor of this game (in their favor) when their QB grew up in Katy and played his college ball in Ft. Worth?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read