Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2011   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want this with a HOU Logo

What you need is an alternate logo that's unmistakable but at the same time not owned by the Texans or the NFL. Something like this

Old 12-03-2011   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Shops will not be able to print official NFL logos without permission.

However, they could print it up in Texans colors with just the text. The more colors you print the more expensive it will be.

If anyone wants to make individual shirts you can look for shops that do DTG (direct to garment) printing, sublimation, or vinyl heat pressing. The shop I did graphic work for would do individual 1 color vinyl shirts for about $20ish.
I don't know how it is outside of Reliant, but outside the Ravens and Orioles stadium you can get a tshirt w either or/both logos for dirt cheap. Yes I'm aware of the legality and I'm sure they are too. Just like most of those "authentic" jerseys...hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #23
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I used zazzle.com for those previews. Cafeexpress.com is another one that would work. With Zazzle you can let others buy whatever they want with that emblem. Shirts, bibs, etc...

Only thing is, need a higher def pic to make them look right on the chest.
If someone, hint hint, were to provide it i would gladly be the geunia pig and buy the first one.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 12-03-2011   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
lol!
What???
Old 12-04-2011   #25
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
beat me to it^

isn't there a legal issue with using the NFL/Texan's logo for profit?
Yea - I thought there would be legal ramifications

[quote=Hervoyel;1842899]What you need is an alternate logo that's unmistakable but at the same time not owned by the Texans or the NFL. Something like this

Interesting...the drerams still lives...if we could someone who makes shirts this would be closer to being executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't know how it is outside of Reliant, but outside the Ravens and Orioles stadium you can get a tshirt w either or/both logos for dirt cheap. Yes I'm aware of the legality and I'm sure they are too. Just like most of those "authentic" jerseys...hahaha
See, I think there would be a way to do it...does anyone have any experience selling counterfit products? Wasn't there some one on this board doing that?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #26
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
See, I think there would be a way to do it...does anyone have any experience selling counterfit products? Wasn't there some one on this board doing that?
No, he would just take your order and money and not deliver.

This is slightly different.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011   #27
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I designed a shirt last season with my "Battle Red Koolaid Man" on it. I was not able to get a release from Kraft to use the Koolaidman's likeness.

The same guy in my signature.
Old 12-04-2011   #28
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a guy wearing a Schaub/Carr jersey in the blue lot today that said Next Man Up in red letters on the back.

That's all I got.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #29
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

i found a good way for someone to have one made with the texans logo. You wont be able to sell them but w/e. As soon as the Texans clinch a playoff spot, im going to order one of the NFL shops custom shirts. Just select Texans logo on the left chest (pocket area). Then take the shirt to a screenprinting place or w/e and have them put Dues Paid next to the logo.
Old 12-05-2011   #30
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
I designed a shirt last season with my "Battle Red Koolaid Man" on it. I was not able to get a release from Kraft to use the Koolaidman's likeness.

The same guy in my signature.
Where did you try to get the shirt made?

Quote:
Old 12-05-2011   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Herv, can you make a "DUES PAID" shirt with the Texans font?

My wife uses some kind of cpu print iron-on to make shirts for my son all the time. They look good, too. I think we just run with it. Print out from a master and make 'em yourself. Screw the corporate profit.
Old 12-05-2011   #32
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take 4 of both. Where do I send the PayPal?

YUP-YUP... GET ON IT, HERV!
Old 12-05-2011   #33
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice work Herv!
Old 12-05-2011   #34
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

My wife uses some kind of cpu print iron-on to make shirts for my son all the time. They look good, too. I think we just run with it. Print out from a master and make 'em yourself. Screw the corporate profit.

And DB, I'll take some of that! Get the amounts together and I'll take 7 or so.
Old 12-17-2011   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Herve - If you can make a higher def pic I'll try and get it made.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2011   #36
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

That Dues Paid is nice I like that a lot!!!!!
Old 12-17-2011   #37
jwmann2
Rookie

Cool shirt but I think I would rather have the range rover in the background.
Old 12-17-2011   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Herve - If you can make a higher def pic I'll try and get it made.
What kind of resolution do you need?
Old 12-17-2011   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I tried this and haven't finished. Frankly I didn't think it looked as good in the Texans font. Here's where I stopped and if you like it I can still finish it. I think I just ran out of gas that day.

Here's what it looked like

I thought the letters didn't mash together as well in this font so I tried something else and that's where my avatar came from. I just wanted to see if I could write anything in the Texans font, mash it together, and have it look the way I wanted it to. Then I put the stadium behind it. I added texture to the letters just to try something different.

Old 12-18-2011   #40
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

is there an official Texans font available.. ive been making my fonts from scratch.... smh @ me..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read