Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who's going to win Sunday? Atlanta or Houston
Atlanta Falcons 13 14.61%
Houston Texans 76 85.39%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2011   #41
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 95 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Atlanta vs Houston

This game will be close depends on how well tj handles the pressure early on in the game.
Old 12-03-2011   #42
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I hope people are eating crow on Sunday afternoon.

PLEASE football gawds above!!! LET ME EAT CROW!! How bout a Falcon?? I'll eat dirty birds all week if our BULLS stomp all over the birds!!!

I have faith in TJ and our D to help get us to the promised land. BUT, our Oline has gotta play OUT OF THEIR MINDS to pull off this win. One nasty hit on TJ and boom, it's over! DB, Winston, CM, and all the rest better be playing full force for 60 full minutes!! Even if Kubes runs the most conservative game he's ever called, our Oline has got to do a better job than they did in Jac. That's the only thing that makes me nervous. Well, that and JJ dropping a ball or getting intercepted for 6! EWWWWW, wave of nausea just hit! FEAR!

Regardless, I'll be in the Bullpen doing my thang, and giving our boys all the support this old grandma can muster! I plan on being completely hoarse Monday morning!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #43
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

82 percent! Looks like the fans are confident that we can handle the dirty birds.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #44
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 31311 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Please demolish them.

Signed,
A Saints Fan
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #45
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
Please demolish them.

Signed,
A Saints Fan
Check.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #46
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 2 Falcons 0

and hopefully Lidge doesnt blow another lead. We are talking about baseball right?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I didn't look at any Kubiak quotes from last week

what was Kubiak's take on the 2 minute drive that Yates had compared to the whole 2nd half

second half 42 total yards.. and no first downs ..I know Jacksonville has a good "D" (lots were injured too).

again, I don't know what Kubiak said (if it was asked) about the 2nd half.

with that said, that is why I am nervous about this game and how much trust Kubiak has in Yates (I know Yates didn't take snaps and practice with the first stringers (and that might have been a factor ))
Almost, kinda-sorta see what you are saying to a point.

Kubiak's trust in Yates: 2 minutes drill, Kubiak kept it agressive, he let the kid throw the ball with a 17-10 lead.

Second half: Kubiak said it was about not having another QB available. Does not reflect his feelings about Yates' ability.
Old 12-03-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I would not be surprised if the Texans lose, but I'm going with Houston.

I think the team concept will prevail and they pick up the slack left by a rookie QB.

I think homefield advantage will be there, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if ATL lets their guard down a little because we have a rookie QB.

Plus, the Falcons were TJ's team growing up, and his no. 13 is just daring fate. These are complete intangibles, but screw the curse. TJ is our shaman and will exorcise the demons!

This!!

13 - good number - seem to remember another fairly decent QB with that number. We could go 13-3 with 13 @ QB. My granddaugther will be 13 this month. My 5 yr old Texan build-a-bear is named TJ. Sometimes you just got to believe.
This.....

I love this attitude.

I think Houston is cursed. When you look at Houston pro-teams, it is difficult to ignore the possibility.

To break that curse, I think Houston needs to stand toe-to-toe with Fate, & knock him on his ass. Rockets three-peat, Astros World Series, Oilers/Bills Comeback....

The Sports-Gods have put Houston in position time & time again to snatch greatness. Each time Houston has proven its content with good enough.

It's time for Houston to look at Fate, square in the eye, & say FU

Old 12-03-2011   #49
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I am the self-proclaimed expert because I am leading Pick'ems. My biggest fear is Kubes handcuffing the rookie with overly conservative play-calling and not the rookie play. I picked the Texans.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #50
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I am the self-proclaimed expert because I am leading Pick'ems. My biggest fear is Kubes handcuffing the rookie with overly conservative play-calling and not the rookie play. I picked the Texans.
According to all that Kubes has said TJ won't be "handcuffed". Coach said the playbook would be wide open but one has to think it will be limited somewhat. Regardless, the leash will be long enough for the offense to be competitive. I'm looking forward to a good game.

Edit: Yes you are leading and have been. Good job, congrats.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #51
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I would not be surprised if the Texans lose, but I'm going with Houston.

I think the team concept will prevail and they pick up the slack left by a rookie QB.

I think homefield advantage will be there, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if ATL lets their guard down a little because we have a rookie QB.

Plus, the Falcons were TJ's team growing up, and his no. 13 is just daring fate. These are complete intangibles, but screw the curse. TJ is our shaman and will exorcise the demons!
my brain tells me Houston could drop one here but there is something about this yr .... Da sack attack with 2 backs gonna take it in a close one...
Old 12-04-2011   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Yates lights them up and smokes them like some good, fresh Mary Jane.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #53
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Texans won a tough game!!!

Go Texans!!! 9-3 sure looks good
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Kudos to all you guys who believe

The rest of you, get on board.
Old 12-05-2011   #55
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I went and watched my recording of the fumble return and still do not understand how they called that a fumble??? Arm going forward and hit..ball travels 10 yards forward in the air before it his the ground??

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #56
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kudos to all you guys who believe

The rest of you, get on board.
13? Same number of folks at the Last Supper... so which ones Judas?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #57
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The un-believers names are as follows:
Allstar, Cerberus, EVOLVIST, False Start, Lucky, PHAROAH, Ranger Tom, redwhiteANDblue, SheTexan, TexanFan881, TEXANS84, TheIronDuke, Wolf

The believers names are as follows:
AsylumGuido, ATXtexanfan, aussie_texan, awc713, b0ng, badboy, bckey, Beer and Metal, BlueSteel, burro, centexfan, Corrosion, CretorFrigg, devo-x, DexmanC, DocBar, Double Barrel, drs23 , EllisUnit, eriadoc, Fili, FirstTexansFan, GlassHalfFull, Grams , GuerillaBlack, HealingBullets, HJam72, honored82, iLoveTexans, imatexan, incubry, jaayteetx, Jackie Chiles, JCTexan, juansul, JWarren14, KA4Texan, Kgbmedic, kiwitexansfan, lance2112, Lurvinator11, Marcus, MistaRed, MojoMan, mugrakers, Naiirb, NCTexan, Ndevine7, ObsiWan, paycheck71, PhilpW, Pieman2005, RazorOye, Ryan, SAMURAITEXAN, santo, Seasick Sailor, Seņor Stan, silentassassin, spurstexanstros, Stemp, SteveSlaton20, supersid, Texanfan4ever, Texaninlild, TEXANS4MARIO, TexansBlood, TexCanada, ThaShark316, Thorn , thunderkyss, Topher, Vinnie, Webbster, Xcellerator
Old 12-05-2011   #58
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
13? Same number of folks at the Last Supper... so which ones Judas?
I'll play the part .... only because with Schaub down I have to temper my expectations come playoff time. I believe they can win out the season but I dont believe they can win it all without Schaub.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #59
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Allstar, Cerberus, EVOLVIST, False Start, Lucky, PHAROAH, Ranger Tom, redwhiteANDblue, SheTexan, TexanFan881, TEXANS84, TheIronDuke, Wolf

Last edited by TexCanada; 12-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #60
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The un-believers names are as follows:
Hey, I'l gladly face up. My exact words were these:

Quote:
I see the Texans dropping this one. It's going to take at least a game for our young QB to get some wind beneath his wings.

I don't say the Texans lose because Yates screws the team with bad play. I just think, knowing Kubes - watching and listening to him this past week - that his game plan on offense will be too pedestrian until it's too late.

Truly, I hope I'm wrong. If Yates lights it up, then my suspicions about the kid were right all along.

If he does then may the crows in the sky make nests within my gullet, and may they hover my grave until the dead inherit the earth. Amen.

Until then...go Googs!!!
The eating of the crow is a wonderful thing.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read