Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who's going to win Sunday? Atlanta or Houston
Atlanta Falcons 13 14.61%
Houston Texans 76 85.39%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011   #21
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Atlanta vs Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Obviously you werent listening to him ..... They will do what they do. Thats run the ball and take their shots off of play action. Same as every week. The player doesnt change the scheme.
Obviously you haven't been watching Kubes for long, because this week his podium tapping has gone up 57.3%; his scratching his head under his hat has spiked 37.9% since week 10, and he's been sounding like Mel Tillis caught cheating.

Like Doc alluded, Kubes is living life in a pressure cooker. I have no faith in Kubes being clutch, though.

The team is where it is because of Wade Phillips - which wasn't a Kubiak hire.

We'll be okay, though.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #22
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9543 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Special teams can get a Touchdown ( haven't got one since week 1) and if the defense can get one too then that will help the offense a LOT !!!
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Obviously you haven't been watching Kubes for long, because this week his podium tapping has gone up 57.3%; his scratching his head under his hat has spiked 37.9% since week 10, and he's been sounding like Mel Tillis caught cheating.

Quote:
Like Doc alluded, Kubes is living life in a pressure cooker. I have no faith in Kubes being clutch, though.

We'll be okay, though
The team isnt where its at solely due to Wade .... This team has been being built over the past several seasons. Sure , Wade has contributed but to say its just him is utterly stupid.

You have to give Kubiak a whole lot of credit on the offensive side and Rick Smith for for player aquisition .... Not to mention , the offense has a hell of a lot to do with the success of the defense. They seldom play from behind and outside of last weeks game in Jax (and the raiders game) they have controled the time of possession and dictated the terms on the ground.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #24
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Corrosion,

There's a lot of reasons to get off my tip. I'm sorry if I'm not going to smoke the Kube Krack, when he's had this team mired in mediocrity every since uncle Bob threw him a couple of nickels. Aw shucks, fellas.

Too many years of nothing from Kubiak...and just because we're 8-3 now does not exonerate him from the aforementioned shit salad days.

But hey, look, there's been plenty of other threads to talk about topics that range from Kubes' piss poor clock managment, to such infamous epitaph like the ol' "Doo Doo Brown," to hiring his good buddies, even to the detriment of the team...and his job.

I'm not catholic.
Old 12-02-2011   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Corrosion,

There's a lot of reasons to get off my tip. .
stick your tip where the sun dont shine .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-02-2011   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in Wade.
He will sic Barwin, Watt, the Ninja, and Brooks on Ryan all game long. Every time Turner takes the handoff, Cushing and Ryans will be waiting to extinguish his burners.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

I hope people are eating crow on Sunday afternoon.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011   #28
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if we win this one or the next one, but I feel that we'll win at least one of them.

I think we match-up a bit better against Cinci.
Old 12-02-2011   #29
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I hope people are eating crow on Sunday afternoon.
Considering the poll is overwhelmingly in favor of the Texans, you better hope that not very many of them are.
Old 12-02-2011   #30
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's offense made Sage Rosenfels look like an average quarterback, and
got Matt Schaub to start the Probowl. TJ Yates has more natural talent than
both of them, and has been in a variation of this offense for four years under
Butch Davis. The Texans are STACKED, and for the first time in a while have me
optimistic with every game. Even if they lose on Sunday, they have exceeded
the 7-5 benchmark I set for their first twelve games of the season.

Go to the YouTube of Yates' first professional drive, and you'll see him lining his
squad up in the 2-minute drill with more poise than we've seen out of Leinart,
and dare I say, Schaub this season.

He made his debut on a two-minute drill, on the road, and flashed. Sunday, in
TJ's first start, he's got Reliant Stadium on his side.

Peace.
Old 12-03-2011   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't look at any Kubiak quotes from last week

what was Kubiak's take on the 2 minute drive that Yates had compared to the whole 2nd half

second half 42 total yards.. and no first downs ..I know Jacksonville has a good "D" (lots were injured too).

again, I don't know what Kubiak said (if it was asked) about the 2nd half.

with that said, that is why I am nervous about this game and how much trust Kubiak has in Yates (I know Yates didn't take snaps and practice with the first stringers (and that might have been a factor ))
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We'll be okay, though.
Fortunately this team doesn't need your - or my - "faith".
And to say this team is where it is because of Wade is only partially true. Wade ain't done a damn thing to build this offense. If Smithiak hadn't put together a stud offense we'd be just like Jacksonville - unable to score. If Smithiak hadn't drafted and gone out in the F/A mkt for quality depth and starters we would have folded with all the major injuries we've had this year.

No doubt that the Phillips hire was the final piece we needed to become a complete team. And, personally, I don't care if Uncle Bob hired him or Smithiak went out and got him or if Bum said "I won't sell my sausage in your park unless you hire my boy", he's here now (too bad Jerruh didn't fire him a year sooner) and, no question, he's a big part of why this has been a special year.
But so is the potent offense that was put together before he got here.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #33
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak's offense made Sage Rosenfels look like an average quarterback, and
got Matt Schaub to start the Probowl. TJ Yates has more natural talent than
both of them, and has been in a variation of this offense for four years under
Butch Davis. The Texans are STACKED, and for the first time in a while have me
optimistic with every game. Even if they lose on Sunday, they have exceeded
the 7-5 benchmark I set for their first twelve games of the season.

Go to the YouTube of Yates' first professional drive, and you'll see him lining his
squad up in the 2-minute drill with more poise than we've seen out of Leinart,
and dare I say, Schaub this season.

He made his debut on a two-minute drill, on the road, and flashed. Sunday, in
TJ's first start, he's got Reliant Stadium on his side.

Peace.
I think this just about sums up how I feel about this.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #34
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Fortunately this team doesn't need your - or my - "faith".

No doubt that the Phillips hire was the final piece we needed to become a complete team. And, personally, I don't care if Uncle Bob hired him or Smithiak went out and got him or if Bum said "I won't sell my sausage in your park unless you hire my boy", he's here now (too bad Jerruh didn't fire him a year sooner) and, no question, he's a big part of why this has been a special year.
But so is the potent offense that was put together before he got here.
Well, you're right. I didn't mean to imply that the Texans' success was all Wade. That final piece makes a huge difference though.

I guess with my PTOS (Post Traumatic Oilers Syndrome) and not being able to reconcile going 9-7 and then regressing to 6-10, how I'm supposed to cope - how I'm even supposed to act as a fan - now that the Texans are 8-3 with a rookie (who I think highly of) starting the rest of the games and hopefully leading us to the playoffs?

That's 18 years with Houston not having a pro football team in the playoffs. Or if you even want to subtract the 5 years we didn't have a pro team here, that's still 13 years!

I mean what am I supposed to say?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the Houston way.
Old 12-03-2011   #35
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Bettin man says GO with ATL

Homer says go with atl

SUPEr homer says Texans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #36
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I would not be surprised if the Texans lose, but I'm going with Houston.

I think the team concept will prevail and they pick up the slack left by a rookie QB.

I think homefield advantage will be there, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if ATL lets their guard down a little because we have a rookie QB.

Plus, the Falcons were TJ's team growing up, and his no. 13 is just daring fate. These are complete intangibles, but screw the curse. TJ is our shaman and will exorcise the demons!
This!!

13 - good number - seem to remember another fairly decent QB with that number. We could go 13-3 with 13 @ QB. My granddaugther will be 13 this month. My 5 yr old Texan build-a-bear is named TJ. Sometimes you just got to believe.
Old 12-03-2011   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

This was going to be a tough game for the Texans with Matt Schaub in the lineup. The Falcons are a balanced team without a lot of weaknesses. This isn't the Browns or Jags. Still, I'm a believer in this defense. They've held the opposition to below their average yardage total in 8 of 11 games. That will keep the game close. I also believe that Foster, Tate, and the O-line will find a way to move the ball. The Texans won't be a rollover.

The Texans are 2-2 in games decided by less than 10 points. The Falcons are 4-2. In a nail biter, I see this being the difference and the Falcons walking out of Reliant a winner in a very physical game, 17-16.
Old 12-03-2011   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Douters turn in man card at door. Texans win chicken again
Old 12-03-2011   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Douters turn in man card at door. Texans win chicken again
Dout? Tastes like chicken.
Old 12-03-2011   #40
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense is better than their offense and their secondary is Swiss cheese. I think we pull this one out.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read