Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who's going to win Sunday? Atlanta or Houston
Atlanta Falcons 13 14.61%
Houston Texans 76 85.39%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Atlanta vs Houston

Who are you taking?

Beware, this is a public poll.
Old 12-02-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Atlanta vs Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Who are you taking?

Beware, this is a public poll.
Great that it's pubic.

TJ's gonna ROCK!

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will see more passes than might expect.
Old 12-02-2011   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Home field advantage. I will take Texans but expecting a tough game.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we drop this one. I would love to be wrong.
Allstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think we drop this one. I would love to be wrong.
So do I. ATL is in a tough spot in the NFC playoff race right now and they have to win. With them having a pretty good defense against a rookie for the first time, I'd have to favor them. I hope that i"m wrong and we kick ass!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say it, but I see the Falcons taking this one.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

ima take home field and i wonder if they are looking past us. i think our D wrecks shop and makes it easy on the O.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Drunk is as drunk does. Atlanta is going down. They can kis my ass.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Falcons are a tough opponent, but I'm a complete homer. Texans win by 4, 24-20.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Believer in the defense here. Plus, Matt Ryan is overrated.
Old 12-02-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Ain't no way the D is letting this game get away. Ain't no way Kubes is gonna sit on his thumb and rock back. It'll be a fairly conservative gameplan, giving Yates his shots, but an all out onslaught on D. Ryan might get broken. Badly.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be surprised if the Texans lose, but I'm going with Houston.

I think the team concept will prevail and they pick up the slack left by a rookie QB.

I think homefield advantage will be there, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if ATL lets their guard down a little because we have a rookie QB.

Plus, the Falcons were TJ's team growing up, and his no. 13 is just daring fate. These are complete intangibles, but screw the curse. TJ is our shaman and will exorcise the demons!
Old 12-02-2011   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Falcons are a quality opponent no doubt but they are not the Juggernaut some people make them out to be. I know I keep hearing some of the local radio guys harping on it being the toughest offense we have faced since New Orleans, and while that is technically accurate they don't measure up against the Saints. Over the course of the season so far the Saints have outscored Atlanta by over 100 points. The Falcons average 23.5 points per game, 21.8 on the road. Atlanta is about +30 in point differential right now, good but not great by any means.

Defensively their play against the pass is nothing special. Opposing QBs have a rating of around 85 and they only have 20 sacks as a team. Their best DB isn't suiting up.

We are about 3 point underdogs at home in this game, but there is a reason the Texans are one of the top 2 teams against the spread this season.
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/b...s-even-week-13
(for those w/o insider we are 7-3-1 ATS with a large margin of victory usually)

Atlanta is playing some very good football right now but I am quietly optimistic about this game. (Not so quietly after this post I guess)
Old 12-02-2011   #15
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Go H-Town Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #17
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the Texans dropping this one. It's going to take at least a game for our young QB to get some wind beneath his wings.

I don't say the Texans lose because Yates screws the team with bad play. I just think, knowing Kubes - watching and listening to him this past week - that his game plan on offense will be too pedestrian until it's too late.

Truly, I hope I'm wrong. If Yates lights it up, then my suspicions about the kid were right all along.

If he doesn't then may the crows in the sky make nests within my gullet, and may they hover my grave until the dead inherit the earth. Amen.

Until then...go Googs!!!

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I see the Texans dropping this one. It's going to take at least a game for our young QB to get some wind beneath his wings.

I don't say the Texans lose because Yates screws the team with bad play. I just think, knowing Kubes - watching and listening to him this past week - that his game plan on offense will be too pedestrian until it's too late.

Truly, I hope I'm wrong. If Yates lights it up, then my suspicions about the kid were right all along.

If he doesn't then may the crows in the sky make nests within my gullet, and may they hover my grave until the dead inherit the earth. Amen.

Until then...go Googs!!!

Obviously you werent listening to him ..... They will do what they do. Thats run the ball and take their shots off of play action. Same as every week. The player doesnt change the scheme.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post

Until then...go Googs!!!

Do you not think Kubes sees, hears and reads the same things? I bet he does. I also think that his job security is low enough that he'll open it up some and show a wrinkle, here or there, designed just for Yates that will completely befuddle Atlanta's D. The rest of the season is Kubes' chance to put up or shut up. Go turtle, go home. Let it loose some, give 'em something to think about. Game plans aren't always a bout this weeks opponent. Kubes has his job to win or lose. I see him seizing the moment.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If our Oline was a little tougher I'd bet money we'd win this one. BUT, since they let us lose 2 QBs in 2 wks, and our running game pretty much stunk up Jacksonville, I'll have to go with Atl. DAMN, I hate do that, but, that's my take on it. I hope I'm wrong, and that TJ and AJ become the hottest combo in the NFL. I just feel if we rely on our running game to put points on the board we will lose. In Kubiak I DO NOT TRUST!! Sorry, he will call a super conservative game and it will sink us!! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read