Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-02-2011   #1
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 72 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson vs. Calvin Johnson?

If both are 100% healthy, who is the better Johnson?

Andre consistently has more yards but Calvin has more TDs per season on average. Not to mention, Megatron might end up with 16-17 TD catches this year, which will almost double Andre Johnson's best years.

Megatron also had Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton throwing him the ball most of the years since Stafford couldn't stay healthy. Andre Johnson had Schaub, one of the better QBs in the league.

I love Andre Johnson but I think Calvin Johnson might have surpassed him as the best in the league. What do you guys think? I'm trying not to be biased...
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson vs. Calvin Johnson?

Calvin is the best WR in football...but Andre is a HOF'er so its really quibbling at this level.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Calvin is the best WR in football...but Andre is a HOF'er so its really quibbling at this level.
^^^This
Old 12-02-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-02-2011   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too bad Andre has missed so many games because of injury's. Calvin has had his share too. Big targets give & take a lot of abuse. Andre Johnson fans probably wouldn't trade him for Calvin & likewise Calvin fans wouldn't trade for Andre. Would rate this one a push.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
And they lived hapily ever after.

The end.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #7
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 72 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean we need to remember the question is if BOTH are 100% healthy. We haven't really seen Andre at 100% in quite some time so you can't just go by what you see now.
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011   #8
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I love Andre. My favorite Texan of all time. But if given a choice of which WR to have on this team, I have to go with sense rather than heart. I'd rather have Calvin. Right now Calvin just has more ability AND youth going for him.

That is not to say Andre is not important cog to our offense.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

This is only the 100th time we've had this debate. I take A.J cause of his work ethic and attitude and don't forget he had david carr throwing to him for his first 3 seasons
Old 12-02-2011   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I always knew that Calvin would probably overtake Andre at some point, because he slightly had a little bit more size and insane talent, but right now I still think that AJ is slightly the better WR. It's such a close argument though, and I could change that thought in two weeks for all I know, but both guys are such physical specimens with so much athleticism. If it's a very close game in the 4th quarter though and I have to pick one guy, I'm taking AJ all day because AJ goes into a "beast mode" where it is incredibly difficult to stop him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #11
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

You should remove age from the question as well, as alot of people will take Calvin because he has more years ahead of him.

For our offense, I'd go with AJ. Precise route running is very important in this offense, and he does that better than CJ.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

They are my two of my favorite players. You ant go wrong with either one. If I had no choice and was forced to choose I would pick Johnson. :p

No really I would go Calvin. During his draft I said he was the most complete prospect I had ever seen. I would of ( and I said this at the time) traded Andre for th right to graft him. Everything that was said about Reggie Bush should of been said about about Calvin when he was coming out.

Before it is all said and done Calvin will be considered one of the best wr's of all time. Of course so will Andre but I believe Calvin will be rated higher of the two. That's not saying anything negative about Andre. That's just how much I think of Calvin and have since his last hear in college.
Old 12-02-2011   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record a lot of people are forgetting about Larry Fitzgerald. He is still right there with both guys as well. He hasn't had a good QB since Warner left though.
Old 12-02-2011   #14
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
For the record a lot of people are forgetting about Larry Fitzgerald. He is still right there with both guys as well. He hasn't had a good QB since Warner left though.
I haven't forgotten him. He's good, but I think he's the clear #3 of this group. He doesn't have the speed to create alot of separation IMO.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Steve Smith. LOL.
Old 12-02-2011   #16
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Calvin because Andre does'nt tip!

Andre allday! Work ethic, attitude. Plus he beats down fake Irishmen.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I haven't forgotten him. He's good, but I think he's the clear #3 of this group. He doesn't have the speed to create alot of separation IMO.
He's the best route runner out of the three and has the best hands out of them.
Old 12-02-2011   #18
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is like asking which supermodel you'd kick out of bed.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read