Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #121
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Default Re: Name Our Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not being a smartazz here, just asking... do you know the song that name comes from?
Yes, but i'm kinda old and don't care for it. I'm more into 70's rock. Bulls on parade is just a terrible name for a great defense. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited by texanfreak; 12-05-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: heh, I just noticed we're the same age.
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #122
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Oh yeah, well I guess you couldn't play the song at Reliant then. But I'll never forget the day I saw Metallica open up for Ozzy at The Summit in 1986. I believe a few months later Cliff was dead.

Damage Inc.
DUDE!!!! I was 3rd row for that concert. That's when I became a die hard Met fan.
Old 12-05-2011   #123
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfreak View Post
Yes, but i'm kinda old and don't care for it. I'm more into 70's rock. Bulls on parade is just a terrible name for a great defense. It just doesn't sound right to me.
Call it like ya see it: it sounds effing gay as hell.
Old 12-05-2011   #124
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Right up there with sugar plumb fairies.LOL
Old 12-05-2011   #125
texanfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Right up there with sugar plum fairies.LOL
Old 12-06-2011   #126
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't want to start a new thread, and this seems to fit here.

Houston Press has come up with 10 songs for players, and one for the team. Some are pretty good. A couple of the ones I like best:

JJ Watt - Ironman (Black Sabbath)
TJ Yates - Who Are You (The Who)
Texans Team - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide (ZZ Top)

LINK
Old 12-06-2011   #127
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still like Damage Inc. They did some serious damage to Atlanta. Besides, it's a cool song with sound bites that are applicable to NFL situations.
I like it!!

It represents everything that this defense is all about. Plus, it's just a kickass song from the best era of Metallica, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfreak View Post
I don't like the tendency to grab anything with "bull" on it.

Bulls are not predators. They are cows with horns. Yeah, they can be mean, but so can rats.

At the end of the day cows...errr...bulls chew cud. They are not hunters, they don't eat meat, and they are generally pretty stupid.

And calling Reliant "the slaughterhouse"? Isn't that where they take cows and bulls to be killed to make them into hamburger and steaks? That doesn't represent too well, considering the Texans mascot is a bull and all.

I think we should resurrect the "House of Pain" and call the defense Damage, Inc. They go together!
Old 12-06-2011   #128
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like it!!

It represents everything that this defense is all about. Plus, it's just a kickass song from the best era of Metallica, IMO.

I don't like the tendency to grab anything with "bull" on it.

Bulls are not predators. They are cows with horns. Yeah, they can be mean, but so can rats.

At the end of the day cows...errr...bulls chew cud. They are not hunters, they don't eat meat, and they are generally pretty stupid.

And calling Reliant "the slaughterhouse"? Isn't that where they take cows and bulls to be killed to make them into hamburger and steaks? That doesn't represent too well, considering the Texans mascot is a bull and all.

I think we should resurrect the "House of Pain" and call the defense Damage, Inc. They go together!
I like where your head's at.
But, looking at the injury list, it seems like all the damage is being done to our guys.
Old 12-06-2011   #129
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade's Wall of Winning Whoopass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread, and this seems to fit here.

Houston Press has come up with 10 songs for players, and one for the team. Some are pretty good. A couple of the ones I like best:

JJ Watt - Ironman (Black Sabbath)
TJ Yates - Who Are You (The Who)
Texans Team - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide (ZZ Top)

LINK
Cushing's song is Big Bad Azz.

"We runnin' things now
Changin' the game now
We came to shut it down"

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #130
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
But, looking at the injury list, it seems like all the damage is being done to our guys.
lol! Yeah, good point...
Old 12-06-2011   #131
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This has been a crazy year for injuries. "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" for a new team song?
Old 12-06-2011   #132
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man....I think I would cream my pants if the D was named "Damage Inc."

Imagine after every sack.....

"Blood...will...fol-low bloooooodddddddddddd..............dy-in...time...is hereeeeeeeee"

Then the crowd yells "DAMAGE INCORPORATED"
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #133
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Man....I think I would cream my pants if the D was named "Damage Inc."
Is that you Kream Jackson?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #134
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we took a poll, "The Bull Rush" would win.

The name actually struck me a long time ago, but we never had the defense to live up to it. We sure do now.

And I think the team song should be A New Level by Pantera. The lyrics are somewhat appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0bG...e_gdata_player
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #135
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Well,

There are 11 players on defense, and the crowd is the 12th man, so collectively we could be The Dirty Dozen.

LOL, carry on.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #136
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
... No?
Geezus, that's freaking funny. Tried to rep you. Must spread yadda yadda yadda
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #137
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

For the stadium, we could play off the title of the movie The Last House on the Left (and The House of Pain).

The House on the Left

Old 12-07-2011   #138
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The Zombies.

Or, The Walking Dead.

Think about it: A zombie just keeps coming after its prey. You can chop and arm off, and it doesn't matter. It keeps coming after you.

And play some Rob Zombie when they come onto the field.
Old 12-07-2011   #139
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The Zombies.

Or, The Walking Dead.

Think about it: A zombie just keeps coming after its prey. You can chop and arm off, and it doesn't matter. It keeps coming after you.

And play some Rob Zombie when they come onto the field.

Bob's Zombies?
Old 12-07-2011   #140
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

cmon people.

FOr one.. 99% of the suggestions on here are just horrible. Most of them sound like the title to a really cheesy 1980s action movie. Which... is not surprising since most of them are being thought up by folks who are stuck on 1980s rock music .

Why dont you just embrace bulls on parade? FOr one.. its not gay, or lame.. a parade is a military affair and it brings to mind bulls stomping through the streets. For two.. it has a great football song attached to it. For three.. the players and media both seem to be embracing it.

I mean so many of you get on here every year and talk about "what should be name our offense/defense/stadium".. and the suggestions that follow are always a little bit pathetic and a whole lot of cheesy. Now, finally... they have actually come up with a name (a pretty cool and fitting one imo), and you same folks are trying to shoot it down.

Makes no sense. Do you really think that they are just going to pluck some obscure cornball name from some obscure cornball rock band and start calling themselves that for no reason other than "it would be an awesome title for a chuck norris movie" ???

No.. nicknames happen on their own.. which is how bulls on parade is developing. A good song played at the right moment in a historic season. The only thing that will stop it is an idignant outcry from a bunch of middle-aged fans that REALLY wanted the team to be called "Death Corp." so that they would have an excuse to get it ironed on to the back of their karate gi.

Just let it happen. Trust me.. the name is great.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read