Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2012   #341
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Name Our Defense

Let's name our special teams!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #342
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
The Punt Fumblers!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #343
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 10194 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Turkistan
Old 01-17-2012   #344
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I think the reason so many hate the idea of Bulls On Parade is because they aren't thinking outside the box with the term "parade" and what it means. Let me demonstrate...

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:
A public procession, esp. one celebrating a special day or event and including marching bands and floats.

Verb:
Walk or march in public in a formal procession or in an ostentatious or attention-seeking way.

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) way of stomping a mud hole in you and walking it dry each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs. They were Bulls on Parade....

Some of yall are comparing it to Gay Pride, which I think there is some tendencies that need to be addressed, or some Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (the Noun portion) but if you dig deeper into the meaning, it fits this defense...

It's not Bulls in a Parade, It's Bulls on Parade, or Bull's on march, a mission, a quest, to absolutely dominate you....

at least that's what I got out of it...
Gee thanks...lol. I was wondering what that word meant.

Thing is, until your post I never even thought of the Gay Pride thing. Chalk up yet another reason it's a bad, dorky name no matter how you cut it. Sometimes an idea is just bad.

Listen to this.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Bulls On Parade

You see what I'm saying?

Let a name come to the team. It'll happen and if it doesn't we are one of many great defenses that didn't have a nickname and I can live with that just fine. Certainly much easier than having the one being shoved down our throats now.
Old 01-18-2012   #345
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Bulls on Parade" sounds like "Gay Studs Doin' Their Thang!"

Yuck.

Old 01-18-2012   #346
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155813 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Have I mentioned yet that I hate the name Bulls on Parade? Because if I haven't, I thought I might bring it up.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #347
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Have I mentioned yet that I hate the name Bulls on Parade? Because if I haven't, I thought I might bring it up.
I thought you came up with it, stud-muffin.

Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2012   #348
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Urban Dictionary

Bulls on parade
1. "Bulls on parade!" - North American metaphor slang, Usually used to notify those around you that police officers/soldiers are present and/or taking action nearby, and that it may be time to defend yourself against them.

"Bulls on Parade" is also a song by the band RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, which features on the Album "Vietnow". The band often uses this song as an opener as it is very exiting and contains powerful anti government rhetoric.

"oh **** watch out man, they're coming... YO! BULLS ON PARADE!"

RATM: "Arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells,
Rally round the family with a pocket full of shells,
...BULLS ON PARADE!"

Bull Queer
1. A man who enjoys having sex with other men, but only without their consent. The more their prey wiggles and attempts escape the happier the bull queer, due to this their prey are sometimes known as 'wigglers'.

Often found in prisions, army bases and public schools.

I bent over to pick up my soap and the next thing i knew i was being arse raped by a bull queer.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #349
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Name our defense?

"Demeco's"

'Cause without him, they play like ****e.
Old 01-18-2012   #350
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155813 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I thought you came up with it, stud-muffin.
If I wasn't laughing so hard at this post, I'd neg rep you. But, it was funny as hell.

However, since you're a guy, don't EVER call me that again or I'll petition to have your man card taken away.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #351
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Cracker Sacks
Still stand by this.
Old 01-18-2012   #352
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Space

city

stampede
Old 01-18-2012   #353
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Still stand by this.
WhiteWash!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #354
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The fans who pay their damned salaries, that's who!! I guess we should rename Relaint stadium the Blue Oyster Bar.
You do have the option of not going.

Should they run draft picks by you too? I mean you are paying "their damned salaries".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #355
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 31418 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

My suggestion would be Damage Inc. and if someone can provide a high res shot of the defensive players as a group, or that shot of them in the locker room, I will mock up a nice wall paper With Damage Inc.

This sounds like a real NFL defense name. While I like the Bulls on Parade song it does not really have anything to do with what they do beside having the word bull in the name.

The fact that the term refers to police I think Bulls on Parade could mean any show of force, not just police so it works on that level, but if you have never heard the song (and nationally how many have?) it does sound kind of gay. Think of someone like Richard Simmons saying it "Bulls on Parade" and that will help you visualize what some fans mean when they say it sounds gay.

Damage Inc. is short, and on point. I can imagine seeing signs hanging in home games and away games or hearing the announcers calling them Damage Inc. I mean did you hear Dierdorf say "Bulls on Parade"? Sounded pretty gay coming out of his mouth for sure.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Damage Inc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is a song from Metallica and while not for everyone, the lyrics are pretty kewl in my view albeit a bit harsh in a few places so I doubt it would get any airtime at the stadium, but if you are interested ...

Lyrics are Here

YouTube Video Here

"Keenum has an aura about him". -Andre Johnson
"She did a Mean Macarena to the Funky Cold Medina" -S. Hagar

Last edited by Nitrofish; 01-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #356
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Seal Team Texan
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #357
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not "Bulls on Parade"??? What the hell???

Old 01-18-2012   #358
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we played the Ravens in the "Divisional Round" and lost because we had a rookie QB, but worst, a 5 year PRO (that would be Jacoby Jones) that craps the bed "AND" we paid him 10 mill... Yates "crapped the bed", but then again, why wouldn't he???

Aweaome!!!
Old 01-19-2012   #359
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
My suggestion would be Damage Inc. and if someone can provide a high res shot of the defensive players as a group, or that shot of them in the locker room, I will mock up a nice wall paper With Damage Inc.

This sounds like a real NFL defense name. While I like the Bulls on Parade song it does not really have anything to do with what they do beside having the word bull in the name.

The fact that the term refers to police I think Bulls on Parade could mean any show of force, not just police so it works on that level, but if you have never heard the song (and nationally how many have?) it does sound kind of gay. Think of someone like Richard Simmons saying it "Bulls on Parade" and that will help you visualize what some fans mean when they say it sounds gay.

Damage Inc. is short, and on point. I can imagine seeing signs hanging in home games and away games or hearing the announcers calling them Damage Inc. I mean did you hear Dierdorf say "Bulls on Parade"? Sounded pretty gay coming out of his mouth for sure.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Damage Inc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is a song from Metallica and while not for everyone, the lyrics are pretty kewl in my view albeit a bit harsh in a few places so I doubt it would get any airtime at the stadium, but if you are interested ...

Lyrics are Here

YouTube Video Here
Texans Damage Inc. vidoe here.
Old 01-19-2012   #360
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 31418 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Texans Damage Inc. vidoe here.
Nice job bro... the songs pace really fits well with the pace of that pass rush. I really think this name should be chosen by the fans and embraced. It's a rockin' name for this D! Rep to you...

"Keenum has an aura about him". -Andre Johnson
"She did a Mean Macarena to the Funky Cold Medina" -S. Hagar
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read