Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #321
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Name Our Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They don't have a nick name, and it's a good point to make.

Oh, and I hate Bulls on Parade. I hate it. It sucks bigtime. It's the stupidest thing I've heard in years, and I hope that **** doesn't catch on.

God, I hate that dumbass nickname.
Too late. I seem to recall seeing DeMeco in a "Bulls on Parade" t-shirt a week or so ago.

YOU tell him his shirt is stupid.
I'll watch.
Old 01-16-2012   #322
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Too late. I seem to recall seeing DeMeco in a "Bulls on Parade" t-shirt a week or so ago.

YOU tell him his shirt is stupid.
I'll watch.
I'll tell him. DeMeco is a nice man. He won't hit a fat old grey bearded guy, I'm sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #323
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

Too late fools!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #324
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's Baltimore's defense named?
That's because ravens on parade just don't sound cool.
Old 01-17-2012   #325
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh, and I hate Bulls on Parade. I hate it. It sucks bigtime. It's the stupidest thing I've heard in years, and I hope that **** doesn't catch on.

Agree completely. If 99.9% of fans call them that I still never will. It's as dorky as it gets.
Old 01-17-2012   #326
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the reason so many hate the idea of Bulls On Parade is because they aren't thinking outside the box with the term "parade" and what it means. Let me demonstrate...

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:
A public procession, esp. one celebrating a special day or event and including marching bands and floats.

Verb:
Walk or march in public in a formal procession or in an ostentatious or attention-seeking way.

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) way of stomping a mud hole in you and walking it dry each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs. They were Bulls on Parade....

Some of yall are comparing it to Gay Pride, which I think there is some tendencies that need to be addressed, or some Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (the Noun portion) but if you dig deeper into the meaning, it fits this defense...

It's not Bulls in a Parade, It's Bulls on Parade, or Bull's on march, a mission, a quest, to absolutely dominate you....

at least that's what I got out of it...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #327
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I think the reason so many hate the idea of Bulls On Parade is because they aren't thinking outside the box with the term "parade" and what it means. Let me demonstrate...

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:
A public procession, esp. one celebrating a special day or event and including marching bands and floats.

Verb:
Walk or march in public in a formal procession or in an ostentatious or attention-seeking way.

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) of smacking you in the mouth each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs.

Some of yall are comparing it to Gay Pride, which I think there is some tendencies that need to be addressed, or some Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (the Noun portion) but if you dig deeper into the meaning, it fits this defense...

It's not Bulls in a Parade, It's Bulls on Parade, or Bull's on march, a mission, a quest, to absolutely dominate you....

at least that's what I got out of it...
Because all good nicknames should need a 4 paragraph explanation that includes a vocabulary lesson to explain why they are in fact not bad nicknames.

Perhaps future editions of the T-shirt should print your post on the back to sway those who just don't seem to be warming up to it.
Old 01-17-2012   #328
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulls on Parade is an awesome name for our defense and I feel is a perfect fit.

To me it has the ring of a confident defense that has swagger and has fun because they know they cant be stopped.

Not to mention the music (RATM) is sick, and gets people including myself pumped up big time!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #329
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Because all good nicknames should need a 4 paragraph explanation that includes a vocabulary lesson to explain why they are in fact not bad nicknames.

Perhaps future editions of the T-shirt should print your post on the back to sway those who just don't seem to be warming up to it.
Hey, not my fault some folks vocabulary is limited...Guess that is the downside of the American Education System to think of "Gay Pride" of Macy's Day when you hear the word parade....

just need to think outside the box....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #330
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Agree completely. If 99.9% of fans call them that I still never will. It's as dorky as it gets.
Yep. It doesn't matter how it's spun, it's a stupid name and I'll never use it.

Old 01-17-2012   #331
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #332
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Aww, c'mon...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #333
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we call 'em the "Empty Pasture" because as the Ravens found out twice on 4th and inches ...there aint no BULLI$HTTIN' the Texans D baby!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #334
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Aww, c'mon...

+ rep

Old 01-17-2012   #335
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's Baltimore's defense named?
[/end thread]

Seriously. The Ravens have consistently been one of the best defenses for the past decade.

They did not gloss themselves before they did anything. NFL Films did not gloss them, sportswriters and fans did not gloss them, they just consistently come out and kick ass.

That question says it all, TK. Well done, sir.
Old 01-17-2012   #336
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

'nuff said.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #337
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

bulls on parade is as stupid as me after a twelve pack.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #338
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if they call themselves "Sgt. Phillips Lonely Sacks Club Band", as long as they keep bringing the pain like they did last week.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #339
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't the players that are actually on the Defense name it? Who are we to say no that's stupid, pick something else?

Bulls don't follow rules. They come, f-ck sh!t up, and go home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #340
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Didn't the players that are actually on the Defense name it? Who are we to say no that's stupid, pick something else?

Bulls don't follow rules. They come, f-ck sh!t up, and go home!
The fans who pay their damned salaries, that's who!! I guess we should rename Relaint stadium the Blue Oyster Bar.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read