Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Name Our Defense

I was checking out some tweets last night and came across a couple from Connor Barwin that asked fans to come up with a name for our defense.

His favorite was Bulls on Parade.

Others tossed out there ranged from okay, Steel Blue Curtain, to terrible, Texans Hold' Em.

What nickname would you give our defense?

Right now, I'm still adjusting from their transition of zero's to hero's. Not sure if I've fully reached a point of familiarity to post up an adequate nickname, but...

I think the BIGGEST attribute that has made them successful, finally, is Wade Phillips - SOB.

Sounds corny, but "SOB-Fense"

I'm sure more than a few Texan opponents have muttered the term SOB this season.

Last edited:
Bulls On Parade sounds like some sort of ghey pride exhibition.
shakinghead.gif

How about "Big Blue" like that mainframe that IBM introduced?

That's been used with the NY Giants...

Naming a D should be after a few seasons of domination... not after being the laughing stock of the NFL last year and the best this one... Give it one more year before a name is given..11 games is too early to name one.

Whatever we call it won't matter, because whatever the media calls it is what it's nickname will be. But, for my part, I once suggested The Bull Rush a long time ago. Once we start winning games in the playoffs, we'll get a nick name. Hopefully we'll like it. LOL

How abou the insane chipmunks...

Crunchy bitter gangsters?

Freaky Vultures?

Red, white and Bruise?

LOL....:fans:

How abou the insane chipmunks...

Crunchy bitter gangsters?

Freaky Vultures?

Red, white and Bruise?

LOL....:fans:

well since they like zombies ..... cut off our leg we keep coming, cut off our arm we take u down with be nub...etc... the 12taurens of the apocalypse

apocalypse from like a zombie apocalypse ant taurens cause of the bull and 12 cause u got to count for MW and Brooks Reed.

I don't really believe in making a specific effort to come up with a name for a team.

Having said that, I've always wanted the defense to be called Blue Murder.

That's been used with the NY Giants...

Naming a D should be after a few seasons of domination... not after being the laughing stock of the NFL last year and the best this one... Give it one more year before a name is given..11 games is too early to name one.

:thisbig: I GOT IT! It goes with the fact that a bunch of jerks are calling them "dirty" From that Beatles Yellow Submarine Cartoon: "THE BLUE MEANIES!"

for the old regulars who remember this "For the love of God, someone please make a stop on third down" Defense. Something that I have been saying about our d for the last 5 years to the "3rd down, we dont need no 3rd down to make a stop" Defense

or also the regulars will appreciate this. The "ohhhhh so that is what a blitz looks like" Defense

Personally I like the nickname "Texans Defense : No Peteys here." Big play has a different meaning.

The Great White Hope

EDIT: Probably goes more for the front 7 than the secondary.

EDIT2: Cracker Sacks

Damage, Inc.
We chew and spit you out
We laugh, you scream and shout
All flee, with fear you run
You know just where we come from
Damage Incorporated. GO

Back