Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2011   #181
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Name Our Defense

Caller on 610 had a funny take - said a Tidal Wade was going to hit the Bengals.
Old 12-07-2011   #182
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You know, at first, I had no earthly idea that was the name of a band, I just thought that it sounded absolutely horrible! LOL
Man... You ARE old! There's Lawrence Welk or Bing Crosby if you need them.
Old 12-07-2011   #183
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Caller on 610 had a funny take - said a Tidal Wade was going to hit the Bengals.
That's pretty good!
Old 12-07-2011   #184
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's not a football song by any means.

Rage Against the Machine is one of my favorite bands. But, if you understand who they are, what they are about, and what the song means (you know, the actual lyrics), then it's some Bizarro World stuff that a billion dollar entertainment franchise would adopt it in any sort of way.

The members of RATM are avowed Marxists (you know, communists). This is not even speculation, but by their own words.

The song is about the military industrial complex that perpetuates wars for profit.

It seems like everyone is just focusing on the name and the opening riff of the song, but everything else about the identity is just wrong.

Beyond that, it's just a stupid name for a stout defense. They are not parading around out there. They need a name that represents the grit and aggressiveness of our D. Parades are pageants. They are spectacle. Nobody fears a parade.

Saying "its a football song" is an easy way of saying its a song with a lot of energy that evokes violent feelings.

I didnt actually mean that its a song about football.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #185
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bull Guard.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #186
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
MASH*77054

No... you're confusing the defense with our QB situation.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #187
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Man... You ARE old! There's Lawrence Welk or Bing Crosby if you need them.
I'm more of a Led Zepplen or Rolling Stones kind ah guy. Now, once you get past the early ages of MTV and the 80s, unless it's Bruce Sprintstein or Creed, I probably have no idea of who you are talking about.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2011   #188
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No... you're confusing the defense with our QB situation.
ROFLMAO - you guys are just going to have to tone it down some. Bursting out loud laughing at work is frown upon in this establishment.
Old 12-07-2011   #189
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I'm more of a Led Zepplen or Rolling Stones kind ah guy. Now, once you get past the early ages of MTV and the 80s, unless it's Bruce Sprintstein or Creed, I probably have no idea of who you are talking about.
You lost me at Creed!! So, you're Nickelback's fan?

Thorn!
Old 12-07-2011   #190
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Why is it the two best defenses usually brought up in conversation...the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens have no nicknames?
That's a damned fine point there Senor... [must spread rep]
If this we ride this defense to the promised land, history will grant them a fitting and proper moniker. No need to force fit one on them.
Old 12-07-2011   #191
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

How about The Kirby Krunching Krew?
Old 12-07-2011   #192
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
If our goddamned nickname ends up being Bulls on Parade I'm going to neg rep everyone who endorsed it so many times they'll have a negative number under their name. Then I'll send out a herd of gay bulls to crap in their front yard. Then I'll hire a bunch of evil clowns to scare their children.

And don't think I won't.
Oh nooooooo.. you're not grumpy
again

Thorn slings a "Kiss my A..." at me in
Old 12-07-2011   #193
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Name our defense?

Defense!
Old 12-07-2011   #194
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
How about The Kirby Krunching Krew?
Now that is probably politically incorrect - they could be taken out of context and applied to something with just 3 K's.

Old 12-07-2011   #195
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 356170 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Saying "its a football song" is an easy way of saying its a song with a lot of energy that evokes violent feelings.

I didnt actually mean that its a song about football.
yeah, I kinda' figure. I just have a hard time ignoring what the song is about, but that's just the way my mind words.

Personally, I think Pantera's "Walk" is an awesome riff and the lyrics can really represent what this D is all about.

Plus, they already have this riff in the rotation, Pantera is from Texas, and they are 100% capitalists.

But I'm partial, so I cannot be objective about this song.

p.s. RIP Dimebag...7 years ago tomorrow...
Old 12-07-2011   #196
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
yeah, I kinda' figure. I just have a hard time ignoring what the song is about, but that's just the way my mind words.

Personally, I think Pantera's "Walk" is an awesome riff and the lyrics can really represent what this D is all about.

Plus, they already have this riff in the rotation, Pantera is from Texas, and they are 100% capitalists.

Seconded!! Yes please!!

Oh wait. I'm over 40, so I probably don't know who Pantera is (or sadly was).
Old 12-07-2011   #197
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45906 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brian Cushing thinks it's lame. The Cush does not like it.

I think his opinion should matter, all things considered.
Yeah, I certainly agree. If the players (emphasis on the plural) don't like it, then they need to scratch it. But if the players like the song and it gets them pumped up during the game and causes them to play like they did against Atlanta, then I don't care what you call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well the guys in that picture I posted above would probably like it.

The guys on the defense?? Not so much.
I don't think any of us know what the rest of the players think about it. Hell, my thing with it is I don't care so much about the name. I just think it is a bad ass song and is the type of song that gets people on their feet rocking out. Sunday was the loudest I have ever heard Reliant and people were going nuts when "Bulls on Parade" started playing.

Honestly, I think some of you are too homophobic. Why does a parade have to be gay? A parade is a celebration. You can say something like, "When I am done with you, I am going to parade all over your ass" meaning you are going to be standing over them celebrating after you get done beating the crap out of them.

But what do I know? I mean obviously a parade can only have to do with homosexuals...
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #198
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Dang. I just watched that back to back and now I feel like tackling someone in my office!
Old 12-07-2011   #199
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Now that is probably politically incorrect - they could be taken out of context and applied to something with just 3 K's.

(Grams sets): Well we already have an "Arian"....
Old 12-07-2011   #200
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Yeah, I certainly agree. If the players (emphasis on the plural) don't like it, then they need to scratch it. But if the players like the song and it gets them pumped up during the game and causes them to play like they did against Atlanta, then I don't care what you call them.

I don't think any of us know what the rest of the players think about it. Hell, my thing with it is I don't care so much about the name. I just think it is a bad ass song and is the type of song that gets people on their feet rocking out. Sunday was the loudest I have ever heard Reliant and people were going nuts when "Bulls on Parade" started playing.

Honestly, I think some of you are too homophobic. Why does a parade have to be gay? A parade is a celebration. You can say something like, "When I am done with you, I am going to parade all over your ass" meaning you are going to be standing over them celebrating after you get done beating the crap out of them.

But what do I know? I mean obviously a parade can only have to do with homosexuals...
Damn, last week DB calls me a bigot, and now you're calling me homophobic. I'm building quite the reputation for myself.

It's just a terrible name for a unit on a football team that is supposed to be intimidating. It sounds corny and it sounds soft. It doesn't give me any sort of mental picture of scary defensive team. Fans from other teams would laugh their asses off at us. Hell, just in this thread alone there have been multiple people that have gotten a bad vibe from that name. What do you thin the rest of the league would feel like if half of our fan base wouldn't even like it?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read