Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2011   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default League Conspiracy???

Is it just me, or did teams just start releasing QBs like crazy when the Texans need for a QB became dire?
I can't remember this many know commodities being released in-season like this before.

Orton
McNabb
Rosenfelds

If I didn't know better, I'd think that other owners are trying to help this team win.
Maybe the other owners discussed it, and decided there was monetary value in it for the whole league to have a winning franchise in such a large market?

Call me crazy....
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: League Conspiracy???

When the Pats dump Tom Brady I'll start thinking something's up.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If it is a.... "League Conspiracy???" ...I sure hope the refs are in on it, too!
Old 12-01-2011   #4
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kyle Orton plays for KC now.
McNabb is just washed up.
Sage is a two-face and ratted us out vs the Giants.

I doubt they are trying to help us win.
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #5
Throat Punch
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 Throat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respectedThroat Punch is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt it's a league conspiracy. I think Cutler, Schaub, and Cassel went down and these quarterbacks who aren't playing started petitioning heavily for their release so they could have a chance to play for a winning team. If the team is going to cut them any way, might was well cut them and let them go somewhere else why they still can.
Throat Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaaayyyy View Post

I'm not saying that teams are suddenly jettisoning all-pro QBs, but it's weird to me that these guys got released in such a short time, coincidentally..

As to the bolded, that's just horse crap. Sage was a New York Giant then, and he should do anything he can to help his team win. I'd be disappointed in a player if he did less than he could to help his team win.
Old 12-01-2011   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=michaelm;1841279]I'm not saying that teams are suddenly jettisoning all-pro QBs, but it's weird to me that these guys got released in such a short time, coincidentally..

As to the bolded, that's just horse crap. Sage was a New York Giant then, and he should do anything he can to help his team win. I'd be disappointed in a player if he did less than he could to help his team win.[/QUOTE]

Yep, totally agree.
Old 12-01-2011   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
As to the bolded, that's just horse crap. Sage was a New York Giant then, and he should do anything he can to help his team win. I'd be disappointed in a player if he did less than he could to help his team win.
Right on. It's not like he sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.
Old 12-01-2011   #9
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying that teams are suddenly jettisoning all-pro QBs, but it's weird to me that these guys got released in such a short time, coincidentally..

True.
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Right on. It's not like he sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.
Great. Now Homeland Security will be monitoring our posts.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Great. Now Homeland Security will be monitoring our posts.
lol I'd rather have them wasting their time here than feeling me up at the airport.
Old 12-01-2011   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny that this was brought up, I was F'in around with my brother about 20 minutes ago, and said the same thing about there being a conspiracy.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
lol I'd rather have them wasting their time here than feeling me up at the airport.
Oh no, they'll still be feeling you up at the airport. They are Legion!
On a serious note, michaelm, you need the hat on. No team in the NFL is just gonna "help us out". That isn't to say that there isn't some backroom chicanery going on. I'm just saying there will be a benefit, in the future, for any team that would help us out.
Old 12-01-2011   #14
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Not conspiracy - it's Destiny.
Old 12-01-2011   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Oh no, they'll still be feeling you up at the airport. They are Legion!
On a serious note, michaelm, you need the hat on. No team in the NFL is just gonna "help us out". That isn't to say that there isn't some backroom chicanery going on. I'm just saying there will be a benefit, in the future, for any team that would help us out.
Agreed on the nit "help us out" part. That's kinda why I was speculating about there being some potential benefit for the league if the Texans do well.

I've changed my mind, however. Now I'm convinced that these teams have been receiving phone calls from the Cush making them offers they can't refuse.
Old 12-02-2011   #16
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

If they were trying to help us out they would have released them before we signed Clemens and Delhomme.
Old 12-02-2011   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it just me, or did teams just start releasing QBs like crazy when the Texans need for a QB became dire?
I can't remember this many know commodities being released in-season like this before.

Orton
McNabb
Rosenfelds

If I didn't know better, I'd think that other owners are trying to help this team win.
Maybe the other owners discussed it, and decided there was monetary value in it for the whole league to have a winning franchise in such a large market?

Call me crazy....
Your crazy, there I said it! I think its more along the fact they're being released because they suck.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Your crazy, there I said it! I think its more along the fact they're being released because they suck.
LOL. It's more than likely that you are correct.
About me being crazy, and also the QB thing...
Old 12-02-2011   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaaayyyy View Post

Yeah after that Giants game that Dewey from "Malcom in the Middle" lookin' muff-hugga was DEAD to me!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #20
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 72 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

A league conspiracy? Really?
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read