Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2011   #1
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blaine Gabbert Sound FX vs. Texans

Don't think this has been posted, but I was on NFL.com and saw that Blaine Gabbert was miked against our Texans last Sunday. Here's the link for those of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...content_stream

A couple of thoughts: Gabbert really doesn't seem to have much leadership, and his players don't seem to really follow him. I know it's just a couple minute clip, but, to be honest, he sort of seems like a punk.
Needless to say, I am pretty happy we get to go up against him twice a year in the future.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blaine Gabbert Sound FX vs. Texans

That was fun to watch, 'cuz dude just keeps goin' down, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #3
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

My personal favorite part:

Down 10 in the 4th,

Gabbert "Alright guys, we just gotta go 97 yards for the TD right here"
O-Lineman "Actually, it's 98 yards"
Gabbert: "Whatever"

Can you see a someone talking back to Elway like that right before "The Drive?"
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

There sure were a lot of pads talking lol.....

Dude has less fire than Gary Kubiak. Dude has less fire than the first cavemen. Dude has less fire than a firefighter convention.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, those pads were talking mad smack!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Don't think this has been posted, but I was on NFL.com and saw that Blaine Gabbert was miked against our Texans last Sunday. Here's the link for those of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...content_stream

A couple of thoughts: Gabbert really doesn't seem to have much leadership, and his players don't seem to really follow him. I know it's just a couple minute clip, but, to be honest, he sort of seems like a punk.
Needless to say, I am pretty happy we get to go up against him twice a year in the future.
All I kept thinking was David Carr, when I saw him play.

After hearing all the DUDEs and BROs, I'm beginning to think he is David Carr!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #7
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, you kind of like...ya know...like you suck, bro'.
Old 12-01-2011   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

second coming of David Carr. Carr used to pile up the sacks...Gabbert ducks while he chunks like he's scared. Even Carr didn't do that. Hilarious times up there in Jville...couldn't happen to nicer folks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #9
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post

Gabbert "Alright guys, we just gotta go 97 yards for the TD right here"
O-Lineman "Actually, it's 98 yards"
Gabbert: "Whatever"
Funny on two levels.

When I first heard "98", I thought they were talking about Connor Barwin.

but maybe he meant they'll get close and have to settle for 3.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
second coming of David Carr. Carr used to pile up the sacks...Gabbert ducks while he chunks like he's scared. Even Carr didn't do that. Hilarious times up there in Jville...couldn't happen to nicer folks.
My old man said that about Gabbert this past weekend. He said , "that ol' boy is gonna turn out like Carr."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
All I kept thinking was David Carr, when I saw him play.

After hearing all the DUDEs and BROs, I'm beginning to think he is D***** ****!
STOP TYPING HIS NAME. It is HWWNBN. People spelling out has alr3eady cost us 2 QBs. The football gods do not like references to him. Don't believe me? Look at the Giants. Notice all of their injuries? That is due to all of the fans of their team typing rrac divad backwards too often. STOP CURSING US!

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
My old man said that about Gabbert this past weekend. He said , "that ol' boy is gonna turn out like Carr."
cant speak for others but i for one dont like gabberts 'california cool'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
STOP TYPING HIS NAME. It is HWWNBN. People spelling out has alr3eady cost us 2 QBs. The football gods do not like references to him. Don't believe me? Look at the Giants. Notice all of their injuries? That is due to all of the fans of their team typing rrac divad backwards too often. STOP CURSING US!

Mike
eh, it's David Carr. Time to get over it imo.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounded like he was pissed off with his line most of that clip.

Reminds me of the qb in Any given Sunday at the start of that movie. Entitled, arrogant.
Old 12-01-2011   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

He does sound just like David Carr though. It's not even the "Dude" and "Bro" stuff either (though that's eerily similar as well). It's the hollow sound of his voice and how he barely seems to care. He sounds like football is not the most important thing in the world to him and while I understand that the rest of life is (supposedly) more important you have to admit that if there's one place in the world where you should at least sound like you care more about football than anything else in the world then that place is when you're on the field playing in a game.

He sounds like he's shopping for sneakers. He sounds like he's trying to get his order right in the drive-thru at Burger King. He sounds like he's telling his wife "Yeah, I'm listening" while he looks at the screen and flips through channels.

I don't think he's going to be what they thought he was going to be.
Old 12-01-2011   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

That clip was likely edited as well.
Old 12-01-2011   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

awww sunshine ........
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #18
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude just comes across a phony, IMO. He's trying to spit out these motivational phrases, and it's like he's just repeating stuff he heard elsewhere because there's no emotion in it
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Now watch the one with Andy Dalton mic'd up and you'll see why he has a Super Bowl in his future and Gabbert's looking towards a toilet bowl.

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #20
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Gabbert is the QB for the Jag for a long time. Because its going to be fun whooping on him twice a year. Year in and year out!
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read