Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-30-2011   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Leach agrees to coach Washington State!

Article here. Agrees in principal to coach for five years at $2 mill per year and supplemental income of $250,000, plus incentive payments. Hellz to the yeah!

I just found my new D-1 team to root for. Watch the talent FLOCK to Washington State now. And I damn sure guarantee you that he's already informed WSU that he won't allow any Daddy's Boys like Adam James to come and piss on everybody's parade.

I just became a Washington State University football fan.
Old 11-30-2011   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

In the absence of a true Champion, NCAA football is better with Mike Leach on the sidelines, imo. Innovative coordinator and a unique character.
Old 11-30-2011   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Leach agrees to coach Washington State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In the absence of a true Champion, NCAA football is better with Mike Leach on the sidelines, imo. Innovative coordinator and a unique character.
You can't begin to believe how many Lubbock area people fly Pirate flags and follow Mike Leach. I mean, it's unreal. That town, that area, is still to this day VERY divided on the issue.

There's going to be a lot of Cougars banners and Pirate flags flying in the Lubbock area now.
Old 11-30-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wonder where Sumlin is going to go.
Old 11-30-2011   #5
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hopefully nowhere.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

WSU was a dominate program that started to die off...until now. I'm surprised ADs stayed away from Leach for so long and instead went with other HC and continued to struggle or in the case of Maryland, regressed big time.

The Pac-12 is sure going to be exciting with Rich Rod at Arizona and now Leach at WSU.

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was hoping that if/when Sumlin left Leach would replace him.

I understand Leach isn't for everbody. But if you want to win Leach is balls to the wall.

Watch Leach go 6-6 next yr, followed by 8-4 ..... at Washington St.

Leach is a winner, and the Red Raiders are begining to suffer the consequenses of the good ole boy network.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2011   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
WSU was a dominate program that started to die off...until now. I'm surprised ADs stayed away from Leach for so long and instead went with other HC and continued to struggle or in the case of Maryland, regressed big time.

The Pac-12 is sure going to be exciting with Rich Rod at Arizona and now Leach at WSU.

I don't know if I would say that Washington St was a dominant program. They did have a great run from 98-03 but other than that they have been awful for their entire existence.

It's a great move by the school. Leach is a winner and I think he can win there. I don't think he will win as much as he did at Texas Tech but I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington St playing for bowls every single year.

They already have a young QB, Connor Halliday, who should take to Leach's system. Plus they have one of the best deep threats in the country in Marquess Wilson, who still has two years left.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't know if I would say that Washington St was a dominant program. They did have a great run from 98-03 but other than that they have been awful for their entire existence.
Well, I don't know jack about Washington State history, including the '98-'03 run to which you refer, but I do know they were damn good in the early '90s with Drew Bledsoe at QB.
Old 12-01-2011   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, I don't know jack about Washington State history, including the '98-'03 run to which you refer, but I do know they were damn good in the early '90s with Drew Bledsoe at QB.
Let's just say that they've had a football program since 1894 and have only been invited to a grand total of 10 bowl games.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And Ryan Leaf

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If A&M wanted to win Leach would've been a good hire.

He's all about winning.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If A&M wanted to win Leach would've been a good hire.

He's all about winning.
Would've been a good move for the ags.

I know I'd have been interested.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #14
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Article here.
And I damn sure guarantee you that he's already informed WSU that he won't allow any Daddy's Boys like Adam James to come and piss on everybody's parade.
I don't understand how Adam could have the balls to stay on the team. That family ensured Tech football will be the next Baylor (a "powerhouse" 2 out of every 10 years) and that Adam James will be living off daddy's entitlement for the rest of his life.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read