Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Injury Report

Just a preliminary report on some players.

Quote:
HoustonTexans Houston Texans
Texans Injury Report: DE Bulman, LB Cushing and FB Vickers did not practice.
48 seconds ago
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Injury Report

Hope Vickers comes back. I like Casey's versatility but he is just not the battering ram Vickers is. His absence was definitely felt during last weeks game at Jax.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing!!!!
Old 11-30-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Cushing!!!!

General soreness. Been on the injury report for the last 4 weeks.
Old 11-30-2011   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I am in full drama mode tonight.

But thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-30-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He has NOT appeared on the Injury Report since week 9.
Old 12-01-2011   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

HoustonTexans
Quote:
Texans Injury Report: DE Bulman and FB Vickers did not practice. LB Cushing, TE Graham and WR Andre Johnson were limited.
Quote:
Kubiak says there's a good chance FB Lawrence Vickers will play vs. Falcons. Says it will be a game-time decision.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Kubiak Thursday (injury report):

Defensive coordinator Coach Wade (Phillips). He is sick today. I'm filling in for him.
Old 12-02-2011   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
Hope Vickers comes back. I like Casey's versatility but he is just not the battering ram Vickers is. His absence was definitely felt during last weeks game at Jax.
Agreed but I just can't stand the way his abilities are so very, very limited by playcalling. Everything he's done this year screams for more opportunity and it doesn't even get him a consistent look. I know he was pretty dinged up for a few weeks but at least use him in the decoy role he was used in earlier this year, motioning LBs out of the box and such. Just silly to me to have a guy like Casey, who could be a weapon and ignore him more often than not.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Cushing!!!!
He'll be fine. What was it he said after breaking a finger last year? "It's okay, I'll drink a glass of milk tonight." Haha
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

HoustonTexans Twitter
Quote:
Kubiak: Schaub will be at the game. Leinart will not be at the game. Leinart's surgery was moved to Tuesday.
33 minutes ago
Old 12-02-2011   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

AJ as expected is listed on the Injury Report (NFL.com and HoustonTexans.com).
But what I just caught is, that instead of "hamstring," he has been listed as "knee."
Old 12-02-2011   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
AJ as expected is listed on the Injury Report (NFL.com and HoustonTexans.com).
But what I just caught is, that instead of "hamstring," he has been listed as "knee."
I saw on twitter Scurfield today saying that AJ took the full reps and there won't be any play count on him Sunday...
Old 12-02-2011   #14
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak Friday quotes from HT.com

Quote:
(on how WR Andre Johnson is doing) “He’s fine. Andre took everything in practice and you’re going to see Andre just get better. Let’s remember he missed six, seven weeks of football. I don’t have a play count on him this week. I think he’ll be fine, but he should get better every time out.”
Quote:
(on the fullback situation) “Lawrence (Vickers) will be a game-time decision. I did not practice him today because we don’t do much on Friday anyway. I will work him out before the game and we’ll see. He’s come a long way, but we’ll see.”
Old 12-02-2011   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I saw on twitter Scurfield today saying that AJ took the full reps and there won't be any play count on him Sunday...
Like everyone else, I'll be rooting for AJ come Sunday. But, that twitter quote and Kubiak's quote still does not account for why the long-standing "hamstring" label now appears as a "knee." Remember, the studies that I referred to relating to the potential for short-term or long-term "loss" of hamstring strength and knee stability measured following the loss/"clipping" of the semitendinosis hamstring tendon. Hopefully, this or continued "favoring" of his hamstring is not the explanation for the new injury terminology.

Let's also keep in mind that we have no idea if the Texans had any PADDED practices this week at all..........remember, in the last 6 weeks of the regular season, only 1 padded practice during 3 of those weeks are allowed.

As it is, the 1 padded practice during a team's weekly preparation cannot be expected to accurately or adequately simulate real game challenges (both mentally and physically, especially for a player (any player) dealing with or coming off of injuries). I'll let you fill in the blanks as to how well NO padded practices prepares you for Sunday clashes.

The only way we or Kubiak will be able to judge AJ's progress and performance is by watching how he does on the field..........on Sundays.
Old 12-02-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like everyone else, I'll be rooting for AJ come Sunday. But, that twitter quote and Kubiak's quote still does not account for why the long-standing "hamstring" label now appears as a "knee." Remember, the studies that I referred to relating to the potential for short-term or long-term "loss" of hamstring strength and knee stability measured following the loss/"clipping" of the semitendinosis hamstring tendon. Hopefully, this or continued "favoring" of his hamstring is not the explanation for the new injury terminology.

Let's also keep in mind that we have no idea if the Texans had any PADDED practices this week at all..........remember, in the last 6 weeks of the regular season, only 1 padded practice during 3 of those weeks are allowed.

As it is, the 1 padded practice during a team's weekly preparation cannot be expected to accurately or adequately simulate real game challenges (both mentally and physically, especially for a player (any player) dealing with or coming off of injuries). I'll let you fill in the blanks as to how well NO padded practices prepares you for Sunday clashes.

The only way we or Kubiak will be able to judge AJ's progress and performance is by watching how he does on the field..........on Sundays.
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a Kenny Britt situation.

Where a bum hamstring turns into a blownout knee.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak Thursday (injury report):

Defensive coordinator Coach Wade (Phillips). He is sick today. I'm filling in for him.

No. You're supposed to be bringing him medicine so he can get well for Sunday. You do YOUR job so Wade can do his.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #18
JWarren14
Beer Me

Quote:

Thanks for the info, great insight!

I remember hearing that the surgery AJ had was similar to an ACL surgery in that both include the clipping of the tendon AJ had removed. Could this be a similar reason why once you have an ACL tear the likelihood of the injury recurring is increased? Would be devastating if AJ blew out his knee, especially at this point in his career.
Old 12-02-2011   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a preliminary report on some players.
That's SO 48 seconds ago!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Thanks for the info, great insight!

I remember hearing that the surgery AJ had was similar to an ACL surgery in that both include the clipping of the tendon AJ had removed. Could this be a similar reason why once you have an ACL tear the likelihood of the injury recurring is increased? Would be devastating if AJ blew out his knee, especially at this point in his career.

Since the medial hamstrings (of which the semiteninosis is one) often provide dynamic support against valgus stress (see image below) and instability, some surgeons feel that chronic or residual medial collateral ligament laxity (grade 2 or more) at the time of ACL reconstruction may be a contra-indication for use of the patient's own semitendinosus and gracilis tendons as an ACL graft. Obviously, this instability can lead to increased risk of recurrent ACL injury.

The MEDIAL side of the knee (where the semitendinosis attaches) is the inside:

Valgus stress (which mimics being hit hard on the outer [lateral] side of the knee) is what many players sustain leading to subsequent ACL rupture.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read