Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Injury Report

Hope Vickers comes back. I like Casey's versatility but he is just not the battering ram Vickers is. His absence was definitely felt during last weeks game at Jax.

Kubiak Thursday (injury report):

Defensive coordinator Coach Wade (Phillips). He is sick today. I'm filling in for him.:overreact:

Hope Vickers comes back. I like Casey's versatility but he is just not the battering ram Vickers is. His absence was definitely felt during last weeks game at Jax.

Agreed but I just can't stand the way his abilities are so very, very limited by playcalling. Everything he's done this year screams for more opportunity and it doesn't even get him a consistent look. I know he was pretty dinged up for a few weeks but at least use him in the decoy role he was used in earlier this year, motioning LBs out of the box and such. Just silly to me to have a guy like Casey, who could be a weapon and ignore him more often than not.

AJ as expected is listed on the Injury Report (NFL.com and HoustonTexans.com).
But what I just caught is, that instead of "hamstring," he has been listed as "knee.":kitten:

AJ as expected is listed on the Injury Report (NFL.com and HoustonTexans.com).
But what I just caught is, that instead of "hamstring," he has been listed as "knee.":kitten:

I saw on twitter Scurfield today saying that AJ took the full reps and there won't be any play count on him Sunday...

Kubiak Friday quotes from HT.com

(on how WR Andre Johnson is doing) “He’s fine. Andre took everything in practice and you’re going to see Andre just get better. Let’s remember he missed six, seven weeks of football. I don’t have a play count on him this week. I think he’ll be fine, but he should get better every time out.”

(on the fullback situation) “Lawrence (Vickers) will be a game-time decision. I did not practice him today because we don’t do much on Friday anyway. I will work him out before the game and we’ll see. He’s come a long way, but we’ll see.”

I saw on twitter Scurfield today saying that AJ took the full reps and there won't be any play count on him Sunday...

Like everyone else, I'll be rooting for AJ come Sunday. But, that twitter quote and Kubiak's quote still does not account for why the long-standing "hamstring" label now appears as a "knee." Remember, the studies that I referred to relating to the potential for short-term or long-term "loss" of hamstring strength and knee stability measured following the loss/"clipping" of the semitendinosis hamstring tendon. Hopefully, this or continued "favoring" of his hamstring is not the explanation for the new injury terminology.

Let's also keep in mind that we have no idea if the Texans had any PADDED practices this week at all..........remember, in the last 6 weeks of the regular season, only 1 padded practice during 3 of those weeks are allowed.

As it is, the 1 padded practice during a team's weekly preparation cannot be expected to accurately or adequately simulate real game challenges (both mentally and physically, especially for a player (any player) dealing with or coming off of injuries). I'll let you fill in the blanks as to how well NO padded practices prepares you for Sunday clashes.

The only way we or Kubiak will be able to judge AJ's progress and performance is by watching how he does on the field..........on Sundays.

Like everyone else, I'll be rooting for AJ come Sunday. But, that twitter quote and Kubiak's quote still does not account for why the long-standing "hamstring" label now appears as a "knee." Remember, the studies that I referred to relating to the potential for short-term or long-term "loss" of hamstring strength and knee stability measured following the loss/"clipping" of the semitendinosis hamstring tendon. Hopefully, this or continued "favoring" of his hamstring is not the explanation for the new injury terminology.

Let's also keep in mind that we have no idea if the Texans had any PADDED practices this week at all..........remember, in the last 6 weeks of the regular season, only 1 padded practice during 3 of those weeks are allowed.

As it is, the 1 padded practice during a team's weekly preparation cannot be expected to accurately or adequately simulate real game challenges (both mentally and physically, especially for a player (any player) dealing with or coming off of injuries). I'll let you fill in the blanks as to how well NO padded practices prepares you for Sunday clashes.

The only way we or Kubiak will be able to judge AJ's progress and performance is by watching how he does on the field..........on Sundays.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a Kenny Britt situation.

Where a bum hamstring turns into a blownout knee.

Kubiak Thursday (injury report):

Defensive coordinator Coach Wade (Phillips). He is sick today. I'm filling in for him.:overreact:
:foottap:
No. You're supposed to be bringing him medicine so he can get well for Sunday. You do YOUR job so Wade can do his.

Thanks for the info, great insight!

I remember hearing that the surgery AJ had was similar to an ACL surgery in that both include the clipping of the tendon AJ had removed. Could this be a similar reason why once you have an ACL tear the likelihood of the injury recurring is increased? Would be devastating if AJ blew out his knee, especially at this point in his career.

Thanks for the info, great insight!

I remember hearing that the surgery AJ had was similar to an ACL surgery in that both include the clipping of the tendon AJ had removed. Could this be a similar reason why once you have an ACL tear the likelihood of the injury recurring is increased? Would be devastating if AJ blew out his knee, especially at this point in his career.

Since the medial hamstrings (of which the semiteninosis is one) often provide dynamic support against valgus stress (see image below) and instability, some surgeons feel that chronic or residual medial collateral ligament laxity (grade 2 or more) at the time of ACL reconstruction may be a contra-indication for use of the patient's own semitendinosus and gracilis tendons as an ACL graft. Obviously, this instability can lead to increased risk of recurrent ACL injury.

The MEDIAL side of the knee (where the semitendinosis attaches) is the inside:

knee_bursitis_pes_anserine_anatomy01.jpg

Valgus stress (which mimics being hit hard on the outer [lateral] side of the knee) is what many players sustain leading to subsequent ACL rupture.

images

:foottap:
No. You're supposed to be bringing him medicine so he can get well for Sunday. You do YOUR job so Wade can do his.

OK, OK. You made me feel bad.

I recognized right off the bat, he was just a little dehydrated. Peeing too much and not drinking enough. Immediately, I knew what to do. It wasn't much for taste. so Wade couldn't get past the first sip. But I got it into him the best way I could. I've done my job. His eyes are a little yellow, but I guarantee that he will be out there on Sunday!:texflag:

medium_boozedrip.jpg

I recognized right off the bat, he was just a little dehydrated. Peeing too much and not drinking enough. Immediately, I knew what to do. It wasn't much for taste. so Wade couldn't get past the first sip. But I got it into him the best way I could. I've done my job. His eyes are a little yellow, but I guarantee that he will be out there on Sunday!:texflag:

medium_boozedrip.jpg

MSR...
and if you've got one of those with a bourbon bottle attached...
...well, I'd be very interested
:spin:

medium_boozedrip.jpg
CnD, I really hope that isn't what I got in my IV on my last hospital trip. Counting backwards from 100, I hit 99.999999999999999999999999 and was out like a light. For hours. Felt like warmed over doggy doo-doo for a day.
How 'bout you give all the guys some 'scrip strength "diet" pills? With a 'scrip. they would pass a drug test, right? :fingergun:

CnD, I really hope that isn't what I got in my IV on my last hospital trip. Counting backwards from 100, I hit 99.999999999999999999999999 and was out like a light. For hours. Felt like warmed over doggy doo-doo for a day.
How 'bout you give all the guys some 'scrip strength "diet" pills? With a 'scrip. they would pass a drug test, right? :fingergun:

Only if they washed the scrip down with lots of water.:kitten:

MSR...
and if you've got one of those with a bourbon bottle attached...
...well, I'd be very interested
:spin:

Have you noticed the huge bruise on the inside of Wades right forearm near the elbow where he would have had an IV inserted. Those of you that an replay, look at the frames when we held the Falcons on their 4th Q 4th down fail. You see this in someone who commonly is on blood thinners............like a good amount of Bourbon or other alcohols.

What was Cushing's injury?

When he came back in I was wondering if they just trotted him back out there because he said he could go...and that he was playing on something much worse than it looks.

Sorta like how Schaub played like half the game with a injury that has taken him out for the rest of the year...

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Andre Johnson on if he'll have to miss any time: "I don't know. I'll find out in the morning." #Texans
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Andre Johnson said his hamstring injury was "nothing near" what he felt in the Pittsburgh game in Week 4
4 minutes ago

What was Cushing's injury?

When he came back in I was wondering if they just trotted him back out there because he said he could go...and that he was playing on something much worse than it looks.

Sorta like how Schaub played like half the game with a injury that has taken him out for the rest of the year...

Per Kubiak, his knee is "banged up" whatever that means.

Shoot Cushing up. Nothing he's not used to doing, LOL.

As for Andre, well, at least it's not the same hammy

I think you mean get Cushing pregnant again :lol:

Cushing played the rest of the game didn't he ? I'm hoping that AJ will be back for the last couple games of the season or at least the playoffs

Shoot Cushing up. Nothing he's not used to doing, LOL.

As for Andre, well, at least it's not the same hammy

This new hammy could very well be a compensatory injury for his old injury not being 100%. I've posted this concern before. Now you have one more injury to worry about PLUS concern for another compensatory injury if he comes back this season.

Scared me, but he seemed to be moving fine in the second half. Probably just knocked his knee into a helmet or something.

He was not near anyone when the injury occured , he slid with one leg under him and the other extended .... my best guess is a hyper-extension.

Back