Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2011   #1
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our #2 WR of the Future

DeSean Jackson- contract year, probably not staying in Philly, under achieving, wants to go to a winning team. He is a returner so if we got him we could lose Jacoby, though Jacoby has better character as a person.

The only obstacle is that Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. He is gonna try to get him the most money he can, and that will probably come from a team in more desperate need of a big play receiver.

Even so, he is everything we hoped Jacoby would be as our #2 wr that he didnt live up to. It is a long shot but I think he would be the best pick up we could legitimately hope for in the offseason to upgrade that spot.

On a side note I would like to say I really think Yates has what it takes to play well enough to at least just get us into the playoffs. Beyond that who knows. But if he does do well and he turns into the gunslinger I think he could be then I would like to be the first to coin the name "Crazy Yates" or "Crazy Y8s" as I saw someone type it earlier.

Either way here's to the best season in franchise history
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our #2 WR of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
DeSean Jackson- contract year, probably not staying in Philly, under achieving, wants to go to a winning team. He is a returner so if we got him we could lose Jacoby, though Jacoby has better character as a person.

The only obstacle is that Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. He is gonna try to get him the most money he can, and that will probably come from a team in more desperate need of a big play receiver.

Even so, he is everything we hoped Jacoby would be as our #2 wr that he didnt live up to. It is a long shot but I think he would be the best pick up we could legitimately hope for in the offseason to upgrade that spot.

On a side note I would like to say I really think Yates has what it takes to play well enough to at least just get us into the playoffs. Beyond that who knows. But if he does do well and he turns into the gunslinger I think he could be then I would like to be the first to coin the name "Crazy Yates" or "Crazy Y8s" as I saw someone type it earlier.

A me first player who lacks work ethic? I don't know.

He is definitely a game breaker when his head is screwed on straight.

The problem is that isn't often.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post

Good god no...selfish player, me first guy - No thanks

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #4
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I know around zero about college football, I keep hearing this is a very deep WR class coming up. Think we could find one in the draft instead?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I respect Desean's playmaking ability I don't want him on the Texans. I'd be pretty concerned about him really working hard after he gets big money after what I've seen from him this year. Pass....... I'd rather look in the draft at a Michael Floyd for our #2 receiver.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Too much Marley.
Old 11-29-2011   #7
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. No thank you.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2011   #8
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27347 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs a QB with a strong arm - he lacks the mentality and will want to much money. No way he is gonna be a Texan. And I really think he wants to be a #1WR.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #9
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
He needs a QB with a strong arm - he lacks the mentality and will want to much money. No way he is gonna be a Texan. And I really think he wants to be a #1WR.
That is a good point. No QB on our roster (idk about Delhome lol) can bomb it down the field like Vince was the other night to take full advantage of his speed.

Although we have seen it happen, I still do not understand how signing that big contact kills some guys work ethic and motivation. It just baffles me, but it happens and could to Jackson too.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #10
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is too small and too much of a diva.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Schaub can't throw the long ball. There's no point.
I don't hate Schaub, I love him. But it's the truth. We need a big guy who can make the catch in traffic. He doesn't fit here.
Old 11-29-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do Not Want

Selfish, me first guy who's all about the $$$$.

Winning is somewhere down the list of his priorities.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #13
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackson knows 1 route - the go route. Sure he takes some defenders with him, but he hardly helps out on short stuff and cancels those few times out with some costly drops. He is pretty overrated.
Old 11-29-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want a guy who has to go to his OBGYN every time he's asked to go across the middle.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Good god no...selfish player, me first guy - No thanks
Agreed. Do Not Want.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak loves divas! This is totally happening.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #18
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks.

Our success this season stems from a team first attitude that he does not posses.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #19
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

No doubt he can make big plays, but with JJ signing an extension this past off-season I don't see it happening. Not that Jacoby is in the same class of DeSean, but he fills the same needs for less money and less headache, i'll pass.

I would like Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd to come in and learn from one of the greatest of all time and eventually be a replacement. I haven't been paying too much attention to college football this year, but know those two guys have potential although Floyd has some character issues. Justin Blackmon would be amazing, but he is going in the top 10.

No thanks to MeSean though, it is a sexy Madden type signing, but not a good fit.
Old 11-29-2011   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'll take Jeff Fuller over him a million times over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read