Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-29-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schefter, Colts will take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall pick no matter what

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Colts will take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall pick no matter what: http://bit.ly/r8tmSD
3 minutes ago
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schefter, Colts will take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall pick no matter what

Unless he stays in college...
Old 11-29-2011   #3
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schefter, Colts will take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall pick no matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Unless he stays in college...
And given the Colts' history with intending to draft a Stanford QB with their first overall pick...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Where does it say that the Colts would take Luck if they have the top pick to do so ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
And given the Colts' history with intending to draft a Stanford QB with their first overall pick...
Colts wanted Elway, but he was also a baseball player and said he would not play for the Colts. That wasn't he Colts decision.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I watch of Luck, the less impressed I am...

He's still a great looking prospect, but I just don't see the superman in Stanford football gear stuff...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He's still a great looking prospect, but I just don't see the superman in Stanford football gear stuff...
He's really not.
I heard Mike Mayoc on Romes radio show yesterday and he compared Luck to
ATLs Matt Ryan, a young QB with an above average arm and very strong "intangibles". Mayoc said Luck could be an All-Pro QB, but no way is he the prospect of his generation at QB.
I watched the USC/Stanford game on TV and was really more impressed with the USC QB who clearly had a better arm.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2011   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Luck looked better under Harbaugh imo. After last season the "conventional thinking" was that Harbaugh looked good because of Luck. I think it may be the other way around after watching Alex Smith this season. He still blows, but he makes some plays now.

Old 11-29-2011   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

This is news?
Old 11-29-2011   #10
WhoDey14
Rookie

What would Manning do if he returns?
WhoDey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANstalkerGD View Post
What would Manning do if he returns?
play.

Old 11-29-2011   #12
WhoDey14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
play.
SO would they just have Luck then as second string and get him prepared for when Manning retires?
WhoDey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANstalkerGD View Post
SO would they just have Luck then as second string and get him prepared for when Manning retires?
well, I think they trade Manning if they select Luck. Manning will play if he is capable. somewhere.

Old 11-29-2011   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Colts wanted Elway, but he was also a baseball player and said he would not play for the Colts. That wasn't he Colts decision.
I think that is what he meant. Luck might stay in college to avoid playing for them.

I remember Elway saying he didn't want to play for a cold weather team (Colts were in Baltimore) and then looked like horses ass by going to tropical Denver.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #15
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope and they do get Luck and they keep Manning that way they have less money to spread around the rest of an already depleated team.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well, I think they trade Manning if they select Luck. Manning will play if he is capable. somewhere.
The Colts are in a tough spot on a trade. Manning is due a $28 mil bonus March 4th. I would think any team would substantially lower their offer to take on responsibility for that bonus for a player who might Boselli them. If the Colts pay the bonus sure the compensation should be higher but what does $28 mil buy you in picks? There may have to be a Manning channel for this drama.
Old 11-29-2011   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he'd look great in a Texans uni!

A man can dream, can't he?...
Old 11-29-2011   #18
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46286 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

No way do they trade Manning. If he's not good to go, they'll get him to retire and give him a front office or asst coaching job.

FWIW, I don't believe anyone has successfully come back from the type of injury/surgery that Manning had, so I think we've seen the last of Peyton lined up against us.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I am shocked that the Colts are saying they intend to draft Andrew Luck.

I mean, this is out of nowhere!

You guys don't think they were tanking the season or anything do you? Surely not.
Old 11-29-2011   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I am shocked that the Colts are saying they intend to draft Andrew Luck.

I mean, this is out of nowhere!

You guys don't think they were tanking the season or anything do you? Surely not.
NFL players don't tank. It's just a stupid concept. The way they get paid is tied to how they perform on film. No player will water down his worth, the value of his next contract, or his legacy in the league just so a franchise can get a better draft pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read