Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2011   #21
NFLObserver11
waterboy

Default Re: Kubiak Won't Rule Out Favre

I am not sure if Favre is an option at this point however; for those not wanting the so called "circus" please remember that Brett's "circus"

A) Put the losing New York Jets back on the NFL map with an 8-3 record and if not for the arm injury, they were probably headed deep into the playoffs. Coincidently they have been a potentially contending team ever since !

B) Took the Minnesota Vikings The to within one game of the SB in one of the most exciting Viking seasons in at least a decade.

C) Brought countless of extra million dollars of revenue to each franchise.

* ) The Texans QB situation does not require the same amount of risk taking that was required of Favre in either of those franchises so his experience and a bit of solid play could very easily be enough to put us over the top !!

Just my opinion but I would gladly take the media circus that comes with Brett because these windows of opportunity to have a legitimate shot at the SB are rare for most teams; so you have to take a shot at "every bit of advantage" you can put your hands on to potentially put you over the edge !!

I would knock on Brett's door to take a shot rather than take the "politically correct safe route" but I have also learned the hard way in over 20 years of gambling that you will never finish first in a Major Tournament by playing it safe if you are fortunate enough to get to the edge of a final table !!!1
NFLObserver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #22
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak might not role him out. But I rule him out. Thread closed...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #23
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike77015 View Post
Made for TV in the making. Favre fired by GB then bounces around the league retires then emergency call from Houston. Favre comes in takes us to the Superbowl to play GB. It would be called the Revenge Bowl.
Exactly why I really don't want him here. Everyone will talk about Brett's legacy, not the Texans. Let's do it with TJ and then we'll be able to say the Texans run the effin show in this league.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #24
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have BF, but our Texans mgmt is too chickensh*t to do something edgy and exciting like this. Like TJ yates is gonna turn into a world-beater. LOL

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home/
For questions or comments regarding the Ultimate #4 Fan Store, store orders, inventory, etc...

e-mail: favrefanstore@officialbrettfavre.com

For questions or comments regarding the Brett Favre message board, log on, etc...

e-mail: admin@officialbrettfavre.co
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Farve anywhere near the Texans. He was once a great QB that turned into an interception machine. Do. Not. Want.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLObserver11 View Post
I am not sure if Favre is an option at this point however; for those not wanting the so called "circus" please remember that Brett's "circus"

A) Put the losing New York Jets back on the NFL map with an 8-3 record and if not for the arm injury, they were probably headed deep into the playoffs. Coincidently they have been a potentially contending team ever since !

B) Took the Minnesota Vikings The to within one game of the SB in one of the most exciting Viking seasons in at least a decade.

C) Brought countless of extra million dollars of revenue to each franchise.

* ) The Texans QB situation does not require the same amount of risk taking that was required of Favre in either of those franchises so his experience and a bit of solid play could very easily be enough to put us over the top !!

Just my opinion but I would gladly take the media circus that comes with Brett because these windows of opportunity to have a legitimate shot at the SB are rare for most teams; so you have to take a shot at "every bit of advantage" you can put your hands on to potentially put you over the edge !!

I would knock on Brett's door to take a shot rather than take the "politically correct safe route" but I have also learned the hard way in over 20 years of gambling that you will never finish first in a Major Tournament by playing it safe if you are fortunate enough to get to the edge of a final table !!!1
No, but he will still risk it over and over again. Against the Jags the other day, he would have tried to thread the needle way to many times and thrown pick after pick when all we needed was to keep their higher scoring defense off the field. If that sounds backwards, it is; it's the Jags.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah TJ is our starter unless he gets IR or stinks it up LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2011   #28
NFLObserver11
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
No, but he will still risk it over and over again. Against the Jags the other day, he would have tried to thread the needle way to many times and thrown pick after pick when all we needed was to keep their higher scoring defense off the field. If that sounds backwards, it is; it's the Jags.
I could be wrong but I don't think Favre has had the opportunity to play behind a defense that has only given up 179 points at this stage of the season in quite some time. The Texans D would take the pressure off him trying to always make the comebacks as he has had to in the past. Just a thought
NFLObserver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #29
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Rosencopter was available and they passed they are stupid. He knows us and Delhomme does not

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read