Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Seriously, how can you not root for the Texans?

This is a cinderella story boys and girls. First Foster misses the first couple games of the year. Then AJ goes down for significant time. Tate misses time when Foster makes it back. Then Mario is out for the year early on. Then starting FS Manning misses a few weeks after breaking his freaking LEG. Then the quarterback of this underdog team Matt Schaub goes down for the season leading the way for an underdog to take his place in Matt Leinart... now he's out for the season too!!!

Yet this team sits at the top of the AFC South at 8-3. There's a 5th round rookie gunslinger named TJ Yates poised to direct the offense. He was a gunslinger on a bad team at North Carolina, now he's got the chance to quarterback a team with lots of talent (even after all the injuries) to their first playoff berth in franchise history.

8-3 and counting... if you're not rooting for the Texans from here on out you are not a fan of the underdog in sports!!!
Old 11-27-2011   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seriously, how can you not root for the Texans?

Very true. If we continue to push ahead with Yates, this team deserves to hoist the Lombari trophy at the end of the year.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw Lombardi; if this teams wins the Superbowl, it deserves a Son of a Bum trophie.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, you do have a bit of extra motivation........
Old 11-27-2011   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's to say that Yates can make consistent, reliable, accurate passes? What if he gets hurt? Should we not have Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner or even Favre instead?
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Who's to say that Yates can make consistent, reliable, accurate passes? What if he gets hurt? Should we not have Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner or even Favre instead?
Garcia hasn't thrown an NFL pass since 2008 and didn't light up the UFL last year.
Warner retired a couple of years ago and hasn't been in football shape since.
Favre looked awful with a good RB and solid D last year.

Yates is pretty much the best option at this point.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #7
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11356 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Cinderella teams usually get media hype and get larger fan bases. Look at Buffalo, Detroit, and Denver now. I am sure this will help build the band wagon when we keep winning people more will start following us.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I always root for the Texans but I'm also not blinded by looking at them through Koolaid glasses. Yates is not taking this team to the superbowl. Forget it. Cheer for em but be prepared to lose in the playoffs if they don't blow the division lead first. Unless Kubiak comes up with a qb this team is done. Sunshine fans can still have a parade on Kirby though to celebrate the Texans 1 and done plunge into the playoffs.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I always root for the Texans but I'm also not blinded by looking at them through Koolaid glasses. Yates is not taking this team to the superbowl. Forget it. Cheer for em but be prepared to lose in the playoffs if they don't blow the division lead first. Unless Kubiak comes up with a qb this team is done. Sunshine fans can still have a parade on Kirby though to celebrate the Texans 1 and done plunge into the playoffs.
When did you become the Oracle at Delphi? Yates looked pretty OK under center today. He looked very OK when you consider the circumstances. You can drink turdaid if you want to, but I'm sticking with my koolaid til at least the Carolina game. Atlanta and Cinci have top 10 defenses. Everyone else has bottom tier defenses. I think that's a reasonable amount of time for Kubes to get a feel for what Yates knows and can do. I hope Kubes is smart and tries to refine what Yates does know and not try to force feed him the entire playbook. This is where Kubes gets to justify his reputation as an offensive and QB guru. I see playoffs and at least one win, possibly taking us to the ACG.
Old 11-27-2011   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you just say "turdaid"?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Did you just say "turdaid"?
Yes, I did. That's koolaid with a turd in it. I came up with that all by myself. We need a "pats self on the back" smilie now that I thin k of it. LOL
Old 11-27-2011   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
This is a cinderella story boys and girls. First Foster misses the first couple games of the year. Then AJ goes down for significant time. Tate misses time when Foster makes it back. Then Mario is out for the year early on. Then starting FS Manning misses a few weeks after breaking his freaking LEG. Then the quarterback of this underdog team Matt Schaub goes down for the season leading the way for an underdog to take his place in Matt Leinart... now he's out for the season too!!!

Yet this team sits at the top of the AFC South at 8-3. There's a 5th round rookie gunslinger named TJ Yates poised to direct the offense. He was a gunslinger on a bad team at North Carolina, now he's got the chance to quarterback a team with lots of talent (even after all the injuries) to their first playoff berth in franchise history.

8-3 and counting... if you're not rooting for the Texans from here on out you are not a fan of the underdog in sports!!!
I'm trying to stay positive but it's tough when this

happens to my Koolaid every week.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Try putting less Everclear in your Koolaid and that won't happen so often, ya dang drunk!! LOL
Old 11-27-2011   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

At least there are no lumps in it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the real credit due is to the Texans OL. They open the running lanes & provide the protection. Now they have to shift to more of a passing offense because teams will load the box & challenge Yates/Kubiak to throw the ball downfield. Let me assure my fellow Texan fans Yates can throw it down the field, he just needs more time & excellent pass protection. If the OL can pull this off, then the Texans can go back to ground & pound, clock control with the running game intact. The key moving forward will be this offensive line.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Try putting less Everclear in your Koolaid and that won't happen so often, ya dang drunk!! LOL
You want me to watch this sober? Have you lost your mind?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I think the real credit due is to the Texans OL. They open the running lanes & provide the protection. Now they have to shift to more of a passing offense because teams will load the box & challenge Yates/Kubiak to throw the ball downfield. Let me assure my fellow Texan fans Yates can throw it down the field, he just needs more time & excellent pass protection. If the OL can pull this off, then the Texans can go back to ground & pound, clock control with the running game intact. The key moving forward will be this offensive line.
Are you talking about the game today? If so, what running lanes are you speaking of? The ones that run East and West aren't "lanes". That's called getting stretched out and not turning the corner. Jax played lights out in the running game, except on the one 43 yd play by Foster. We got shut the hell down on offense today. Defense won this game.
Old 11-27-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You want me to watch this sober? Have you lost your mind?
No. I just don't want to hear you whine from the hangover.
I have my own hangovers to think about. They suck.
Old 11-27-2011   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
You're right. The QB position is gonna get us killed, even if Leinart
comes back. Before he got hurt, all I saw were checkdowns to Arian
Foster and a lucky throw to Dreesen.

Yates has "the presence" in the huddle, but no reps with the starters.
The kid at least has the balls to attempt throws Leinart just can't do,
and the smarts to get rid of the ball when nothing is there.

I ain't a hater of Schaub, or a fanboy of Yates, but he's our best option
at QB right now. Kubiak just needs to rep the kid out in practice, and see
what happens.
Old 11-28-2011   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
You're right. The QB position is gonna get us killed, even if Leinart
comes back. Before he got hurt, all I saw were checkdowns to Arian
Foster and a lucky throw to Dreesen.

Yates has "the presence" in the huddle, but no reps with the starters.
The kid at least has the balls to attempt throws Leinart just can't do,
and the smarts to get rid of the ball when nothing is there.

I ain't a hater of Schaub, or a fanboy of Yates, but he's our best option
at QB right now. Kubiak just needs to rep the kid out in practice, and see
what happens.
This certainly gives me hope. I'm anxious to see what he can do with a start, I'll reserve my judgment until then. But like I said in another thread, I want to be an optimist rather than a realist at this point.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read