Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2011   #1
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Had a Dream!

I had a dream. I am not one who remembers dreams and really wish I could, but I woke up remembering one. I would like to share my dream, since it is not often that I am able.

I was at the Texans game as I am every home game, tailgating with the famous Blue Crew Tailgate and talking with friends prior to the game. I could not remember who we were playing and I couldn’t tell because there was nobody wearing anything other than Texans jerseys. I decided to go in earlier than my usual 11:15 time so I would know and I wouldn’t be embarrassed by my absent-mindedness.

I entered the stadium and got to my Bull Pen seats and realized we were playing the Steelers. The crowd was coming in early and the seats were beginning to fill. They were handing out pom-poms to everyone. We were playing the Steelers in a playoff game…at OUR house!! This would be the first playoff game in Houston for 18 years.

The Texans were having a big celebration before the game and Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans, told the crowd that tonight we were taking OUR history back. Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell, Carl Mauck, Bum Phillips, Kenny Burroughs, Billy Whiteshoes, Elvin Bethea…..they were all there. The Texans brought out name after name to resounding cheering and chant of Luv Ya Blue! I think I heard Bum say we were going to kick the GD door down! They played a “new” Texans fight song that went like this…..”Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team. They take the ball from goal to goal like no one’s ever seen. They’re in the air they’re on the ground, always in control. And when you say the Texans, you’re talking Super Bowl”. The whole crowd was singing “cause we’re the Houston Texans…..Houston Texans……….Houston Texans number one!” The pom-poms were all you could see in the crowd, but I think I saw a sign that read. “Love ya Bull”.

The next thing I knew, it was fourth quarter and we were losing 24-20 when we were driving to score with time running out. Some sort of morphed version of Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart took the snap at the 19 yard line with seconds remaining and threw to the end zone to hit Kevin Walter in the corner of the end zone. I mean the very corner, with his feet near lines as they create the angle of the end zone and he was hit immediately by Troy Polamalu . The officials ruled he was out of bounds as time ran out. The crowd was outraged as everyone could clearly see the catch was made.

Then, the words “Upon further review,’ came across the sound system. The crowd was so silent you could hear Terry Bradshaw fart from Fox’s broadcast booth. The words continued, “The receiver had both feet in the end zone and control of the ball. Touchdown!

The crowd went nuts!! The Texans were going to the Super Bowl and the song played on!

Hey, it was my dream. I can dream, can’t I? For this night, I did, and I am glad I remembered it.
Old 11-20-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Had a Dream!

Not a bad dream......hope its like Final Destination
Old 11-20-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I had a dream. I am not one who remembers dreams and really wish I could, but I woke up remembering one. I would like to share my dream, since it is not often that I am able.

I was at the Texans game as I am every home game, tailgating with the famous Blue Crew Tailgate and talking with friends prior to the game. I could not remember who we were playing and I couldn’t tell because there was nobody wearing anything other than Texans jerseys. I decided to go in earlier than my usual 11:15 time so I would know and I wouldn’t be embarrassed by my absent-mindedness.

I entered the stadium and got to my Bull Pen seats and realized we were playing the Steelers. The crowd was coming in early and the seats were beginning to fill. They were handing out pom-poms to everyone. We were playing the Steelers in a playoff game…at OUR house!! This would be the first playoff game in Houston for 18 years.

The Texans were having a big celebration before the game and Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans, told the crowd that tonight we were taking OUR history back. Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell, Carl Mauck, Bum Phillips, Kenny Burroughs, Billy Whiteshoes, Elvin Bethea…..they were all there. The Texans brought out name after name to resounding cheering and chant of Luv Ya Blue! I think I heard Bum say we were going to kick the GD door down! They played a “new” Texans fight song that went like this…..”Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team. They take the ball from goal to goal like no one’s ever seen. They’re in the air they’re on the ground, always in control. And when you say the Texans, you’re talking Super Bowl”. The whole crowd was singing “cause we’re the Houston Texans…..Houston Texans……….Houston Texans number one!” The pom-poms were all you could see in the crowd, but I think I saw a sign that read. “Love ya Bull”.

The next thing I knew, it was fourth quarter and we were losing 24-20 when we were driving to score with time running out. Some sort of morphed version of Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart took the snap at the 19 yard line with seconds remaining and threw to the end zone to hit Kevin Walter in the corner of the end zone. I mean the very corner, with his feet near lines as they create the angle of the end zone and he was hit immediately by Troy Polamalu . The officials ruled he was out of bounds as time ran out. The crowd was outraged as everyone could clearly see the catch was made.

Then, the words “Upon further review,’ came across the sound system. The crowd was so silent you could hear Terry Bradshaw fart from Fox’s broadcast booth. The words continued, “The receiver had both feet in the end zone and control of the ball. Touchdown!

The crowd went nuts!! The Texans were going to the Super Bowl and the song played on!

Hey, it was my dream. I can dream, can’t I? For this night, I did, and I am glad I remembered it.
Can you have a heart attack during a dream?
I sure would have...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It was probably the dill pickles before bedtime.
Old 11-20-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It was probably the dill pickles before bedtime.
I dunno, they overturned the call. Sweet pickles maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I still remember that pass from Dan to Mike. Nice dream. Does Bud has rights for that fighting song? I think that song originally made for Fins and they didn't like the song and Oilers decided to use it.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #7
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

No neked cheerleaders. what a pitiful dream
Old 11-20-2011   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
agree

op, that is a really detailed dream!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty easy dream to interpret, The Crew is there because they provide a bit of a comfort zone. They're the people with whom you share the Texans games. The flashbacks to "Luv ya Blue" and the Texans winning (especially against the Steelers) is your mind telling you that the only thing about this city that has changed is our team and your mind is telling you that the ONLY way the Texans can get the respect you (and many of us) felt the Oilers were denied would be to defeat the team who respectively robbed the Oilers (and by association football in the City of Houston) at their best shot at winning the Superbowl and getting the respect they deserved.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
I didn't share EVERYTHING! I decided to keep the neked cheerleaders for myself.
Old 11-21-2011   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bastard!
Old 11-21-2011   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So Bill was in your dream?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #13
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm starting to think your vision has merit

Ummmm.... did that morphed version have #13 on his jersey????
Old 11-29-2011   #14
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Study shows that before people die, they start to have dreams of great grandeur and bliss to ease to crossing over part....

Just saying....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Some sort of morphed version of Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart took the snap...
Matt Schleinart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read