Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So we need two more wins....

and since wins cost us a player for every win this year. Who can we sacrifice?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #2
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So we need two more wins....

kareem jackson

jk
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You're just kidding? It was the first name to pop into MY mind.

Within 0.5 seconds of thinking about which guy to choose.
Old 11-27-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win our last two division games, we're a shoo-in. As far as players we could afford to lose at this point, just let them be on the PS. You never said they had to active....
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #5
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok lets look at the schedule

Atlanta
@Ciny
Carolina
@Indy
Tennesse

Even with Lineart I was expecting a win with the falcons but not any more. I hope they play terrible but we will most likely lose.
@ cincy will be tough, however they almost got beat by the browns today...I guess we will have to see how things turn out. Luckily during these 2 weeks the titans play @buffalo and then vs the saints. I see them losing both games.
I think we beat carolina and Indy
If we get at least 2 wins the the last week wont matter we would have clinched.

Go play with the playoff predictor to see what all can happen
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #6
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tennesse loses one and we win 2, then we are in. That is what my playoff predictor is telling me.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~1~320101034~2
Old 11-27-2011   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Tennesse loses one and we win 2, then we are in. That is what my playoff predictor is telling me.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~1~320101034~2
Of course I only worked out the texans and titans games, I didnt go through the rest
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011   #8
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't write off Carolina as a win until TJ shows he can deliver. Carolina, in spite of their record, has an offense that can put a lot points on the board. If our offense can't get clicking under Yates, it's possible that Carolina could come to town and embarrass us. No matter how good your D is, you have to score points to win games.

As for the rest of the schedule, we should be beat Indy...but everything is more or less is limbo until we know what we really have in Yates; the training wheels need to come off and soon - or we're f#@ked.

EDIT: Then again, according to the PO simulator - we can still get in at 9-7 as long as we beat Indy; I assume we would be one and done (We'd be playing Pitt at home in what I got).
Old 11-27-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I wouldn't write off Carolina as a win until TJ shows he can deliver. Carolina, in spite of their record, has an offense that can put a lot points on the board. If our offense can't get clicking under Yates, it's possible that Carolina could come to town and embarrass us. No matter how good your D is, you have to score points to win games.
I have no doubt we'll be able to run the ball against Carolina. I knew we'd have trouble with the Jags.. we had trouble last time, at home. I know we're going to have trouble with the Falcons (#2 run defense) I know we're going to have problems with the Bengals (#3 run defense).

But we're going to run the ball on Carolina, keep Cam & Steve Smith on the bench & give ourselves a chance to win in the 4th.

Atlanta is the only game I think will be "difficult" even though it is at home.

Tennessee don't want none of this.
Old 11-27-2011   #10
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We will go 3-2. Loses the next two weeks against ATL and Cincy. We will beat Indy, Carolina, Tennessee. Remember guys foster went crazy against Tennessee last time in our 41-7 win. Seriously guy remember we beat the ****ing TITANS 41-7
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
We will go 3-2. Loses the next two weeks against ATL and Cincy. We will beat Indy, Carolina, Tennessee. Remember guys foster went crazy against Tennessee last time in our 41-7 win. Seriously guy remember we beat the ****ing TITANS 41-7
Doesn't mean we will beat them again.
Old 11-27-2011   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously anyone picking out players to injure is demented, so nice going fellas. Also, sacrificing KJ wouldn't bring the Texans a win over Pearland High School.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Obviously anyone picking out players to injure is demented, so nice going fellas. Also, sacrificing KJ wouldn't bring the Texans a win over Pearland High School.
KJ
We don't really need Mason anymore. 10-3
Foster & Tate. Don't need Ward. 11-3
Caldwell ain't playin' much. 12-3
Garrett Graham? 13-3

First round bye.

Division Playoff: Daniel Manning. Hey, we got by without him alright.

Conference Championship: Jonathon Weeks (just to make it interesting)

Superbowl: TJ Yates. We still win.

DIMENTIA IS FUN, LOL

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #14
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Call Farve.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Call Farve.
Is he your favre?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #16
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Is he your favre?
Haha, yes. Sorry, I'm numb here. Can't believe after 10 years of patronage, this is what it's come to.

Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Still not convinced about Cincy, just watch them barely beat Cleveland, the same team the Texans put a beat down on...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Our magic number is actually 3. Just about any combination of 3 wins from us or 3 losses from the Titans gives us the division. I'm thinking that the Titans lose the next 2 weeks @Buffalo and at home against the Saints. That would mean the best they could do is go 9-7. If our only win is against the Colts then we would be 5-0 in the division and we would clinch it that game if the Titans lose the next 2, or any 2 games the rest of the year.

Call me crazy, but I think we'll have a decent chance to win next week at home against Atlanta. We haven't had a home game in 3 weeks so Reliant will be rocking. We'll have to find a way to become more balanced, but I'm hoping Kubiak pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Last edited by Texn4life; 11-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Still not convinced about Cincy, just watch them barely beat Cleveland, the same team the Texans put a beat down on...
I think (hope) Cincy is going to look like TampaBay when Cushing gets his mits on Dalton.

We've just got to find a way to run against their #3 run defense.
Old 11-27-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm thinking that the Titans lose the next 2 weeks @Buffalo and at home against the Saints.
I know the vogue thing to do around here is hate on the Titans, but that's a veteran club. The Bills youth is what's been hurting them. Youth & injuries... we've seen it, lived it.

They won't beat the Titans.

New Orleans will beat them. Hopefully Jacksonville can eek one out, then us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read