Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2005   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
My hope is he will get equal time at both. and i noticed the push he had on film, if he can occupy 2 lineman then our outside guy can get to the QB practically unblocked.

I wanna see some freaked out QB eyes this year as they see a texan colored blur running at them.
The last 3 years have seen freaked out QB's when we got a hurry on them, much less a sack!! LOL I'll settle for hurries and knockdowns this year. Sacks are great, but pressure is the important thing. QB's are running MINUTES off the clock on passing plays.HAHA. I'm content with baby steps because we've barely crawled in pass rushing so far. We have good schemes and blitzes, now, maybe, we have the personnel to put them to good use.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #22
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I don't remember, did Earl get hurt at the end of the season?
Old 04-27-2005   #23
Dionysus22
Veteran

I'd kinda like to see Lammal Lord get some time to shine.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #24
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Default Simmons saw time

Simmons saw time at the end of last season when Coleman got hurt the last 4-6 games.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #25
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i think simmons can play all the secondary spots and i believe he comes in during nickel or dime packages and earl goes out. don't chastise me if i'm wrong. also don't forget about ramon walker. he played monster on special teams against new england in 2003, blocking a punt and field goal i believe. it should be a great battle between the 3 for the strong safety spot. when i look at the roster all i'm seeing is more and more sompetition. we have 16 LB's on our roster now, i'd say the 4 starters are the only sure bets there. it'll be funny if c.c. brown makes the roster. he has the same number as eric brown, might confuse alot of people.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read