Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubiak wants to win he's gonna need to trust Yates

Didn't we beat Jax 20-0 once in the Capers era? Maybe with Dunta R. as a rookie?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #22
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to get drunk...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #23
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

IN YATES I TRUST!!!

I'm all-in on the Texans. Let's see what the kid can do. We're putting him in a bad spot if we're going to run-run-pass-punt every series. Kubiak, there's a difference between conservative and predictable, and today in the second half he became dreadfully predictable.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I need to get drunk...

I'll race ya'.....
Old 11-27-2011   #25
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
IN YATES I TRUST!!!

I'm all-in on the Texans. Let's see what the kid can do. We're putting him in a bad spot if we're going to run-run-pass-punt every series. Kubiak, there's a difference between conservative and predictable, and today in the second half he became dreadfully predictable.
It was for sure predictable, i just think he wanted to get Yates out of there without any damage.. sure sucked not having Vickers out there...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #26
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I need to get drunk...

was there two hours ago, burnt my chicken on the pit
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I was not impressed with Myers blocking in Pass Protection vs. the Bucs.

He and Winston got schooled by the Jags today.

If I'm looking for reasons why the run game couldn't get started and why the pass game looked anemic, I'm thinking it's a little more than just Kubiak not trusting TJ Yates or Arian Foster suddenly becoming human somehow.

It's a machine, and it has many parts. The offensive line is a major part of the machine, and it has to get better. Fast.

Yeah, I know: We ran up the yardage vs. the Bucs. We beat the Jags too. But still, there's been some clunky moments the past two games.
Old 11-27-2011   #28
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are done. McNair will never call Favre and never fire Kubiak this year. If he did he would just promote Phillips to hc which would be another bad move. Keep him at dc. Another season down the drain. For what its worth I don't think Leinert was taking us anywhere either.

I'm sure the Texans will celebrate making the playoffs like other teams would the superbowl. 1 and done and nothing changes. McNair still makes his money and all the Houston lemmings continue to sell out Reliant. Bad luck, cursed or whatever you want to call it all I know is it stinks.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #29
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
The Texans are done. McNair will never call Favre and never fire Kubiak this year. If he did he would just promote Phillips to hc which would be another bad move. Keep him at dc. Another season down the drain. For what its worth I don't think Leinert was taking us anywhere either.

I'm sure the Texans will celebrate making the playoffs like other teams would the superbowl. 1 and done and nothing changes. McNair still makes his money and all the Houston lemmings continue to sell out Reliant. Bad luck, cursed or whatever you want to call it all I know is it stinks.
they may not get in the superbowl, but this team has so many improvements and keeps getting better and that has been the difference than any year. 8-3 with all our injuries is damn impressive.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #30
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

but none of it is due to Kubiak
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #31
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
none? i was one to get in line to get kubs outta here...but this year to deny some of the things he's done to get to an 8-3 record is absurd.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #32
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1427 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Kubiak is coaching for his job
this season. He has to play with the cards he's been dealt. He neutered the offense today without Schaub but we will not play an offense as
bad as Jax the rest of the year aside from Indy.

If he wants to win from here on out he's gotta
trust the
rookie gunslinger to make plays sometimes. You can't just forget about Andre Johnson and friends.
With the way Gabbert was playing, Texans were not going to lose today unless they committed turnovers. "Neutering the offense" won the game. Give Kubiak some credit.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #33
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
none? i was one to get in line to get kubs outta here...but this year to deny some of the things he's done to get to an 8-3 record is absurd.
Um, this is Wade's team, and this year is Wade's creation. And guess who hired Wade? McNair.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, that's true, but we didn't actually need Kubiak to improve. We needed him to stop choosing the DCs.

The years wasted with bad DCs chosen by Kubiak ticks me off too, but we're not going to help ourselves by firing him if he keeps putting top 5 O's on the field while Phillips is putting top 3 Ds on the field. Obviously not this year, due to circumstances, but that is the stuff of SuperbowlS.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #35
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
With the way Gabbert was playing, Texans were not going to lose today unless they committed turnovers. "Neutering the offense" won the game. Give Kubiak some credit.
This!^^^

Keep in mind, the only TD the Jags got was off a turnover. The only way we were going to lose that game is if we turned it over some more. Give Kubes some credit, he showed a lot of trust in his defense to win this game.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #36
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'll race ya'.....
Already there

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

I am relatively happy with how this season has gone thus far.

Won't mean that I start doing cartwheels if we lose the division somehow, not even if it's due to all the injuries or whatever the case may be.

This year should be ours. We've toiled and waited for 10 years now. It's our time right now, and Kubiak as the HC has to find a way to get us the AFC South title no matter what.

If he can't, then he's no better than Leinart who couldn't find a way to get out of traffic faster than he did nor is Kubiak better than TJ Yates who might not rise to the occasion and become the guy he and Kubiak think he is.

Point blank: Gary Kubiak has to deliver this year. I don't care if he pays people off, gives his whole team steroids, promises his soul to the devil, or whatever it would take to get the AFC South title. He MUST do it.

Anything less than that, IMO, and he's not a HC...he's just great at finding talent and letting the talent do HIS work for him. We need a guy who can adapt and overcome and use whatever we have and STILL beat teams with it.

Today, regardless of injuries, Kubiak the head coach looked very much like the guy who couldn't do anything prior to Arian Foster's arrival.
Old 11-27-2011   #38
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I am relatively happy with how this season has gone thus far.

Won't mean that I start doing cartwheels if we lose the division somehow, not even if it's due to all the injuries or whatever the case may be.

This year should be ours. We've toiled and waited for 10 years now. It's our time right now, and Kubiak as the HC has to find a way to get us the AFC South title no matter what.

If he can't, then he's no better than Leinart who couldn't find a way to get out of traffic faster than he did nor is Kubiak better than TJ Yates who might not rise to the occasion and become the guy he and Kubiak think he is.

Point blank: Gary Kubiak has to deliver this year. I don't care if he pays people off, gives his whole team steroids, promises his soul to the devil, or whatever it would take to get the AFC South title. He MUST do it.

Anything less than that, IMO, and he's not a HC...he's just great at finding talent and letting the talent do HIS work for him. We need a guy who can adapt and overcome and use whatever we have and STILL beat teams with it.

Today, regardless of injuries, Kubiak the head coach looked very much like the guy who couldn't do anything prior to Arian Foster's arrival.
Agree 100000000 percent. This is it. Enough already. We can't use injuries as an excuse. I look at what San Fran has done in one year and it drives me insane. And, why is it that Tennessee changed coaches, players, QB's, the whole nine, and are still chugging away, on our tails?

Nope. No more excuses.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #39
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the playbook got pulled after Yates threw the late ball to OD on the hook route. Sure Yates had reason to not get it out on time, his passing lane was being blocked by the DL, but he needed to then hold on to that ball because that one had pick written all over it.

That's when we went to run run dumpoff punt.

But thats OK, because Kubiak wasn't going let Yates throw the game away, and gave the D its chance to win the game.

And guess what? They did, so well coached.

I think people are so concerned by it because it brings back memories of when we didn't have the D to hold a team, Kubiak still went into conservative mode and always got burnt by it. This time we were able to step up and stop them.

I'd love nothing more to wake up tomorrow and see that the Texans have signed Brett Favre. Let Yates start the next few games until Favre is ready and bring Favre in for the last few games and give us a shot in the playoffs.

Leinart took stick from some quarters today, but in reality he did what everyone asked him to do, manage the game into a winning position, poor bloke just missed his shot, that injury could break his career and I'm sorry for him.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Agree 100000000 percent. This is it. Enough already. We can't use injuries as an excuse. I look at what San Fran has done in one year and it drives me insane. And, why is it that Tennessee changed coaches, players, QB's, the whole nine, and are still chugging away, on our tails?

Nope. No more excuses.
So you agree with GP 100000000 percent?

As long as we win the division, Kubiak's done his job?

That's all I wanted to know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read