Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default If Kubiak wants to win he's gonna need to trust Yates

Kubiak is coaching for his job
this season. He has to play with the cards he's been dealt. He neutered the offense today without Schaub but we will not play an offense as
bad as Jax the rest of the year aside from Indy.

If he wants to win from here on out he's gotta
trust the
rookie gunslinger to make plays sometimes. You can't just forget about Andre Johnson and friends.
Old 11-27-2011   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubiak wants to win he's gonna need to trust Yates

He was right to go more conservative *today* under the circumstances. I think it was *too* conservative, but yes, I would have thought it reckless to run the full, normal offense.

But with a week of prep, if Yates is going to be the starter next week then he needs to have almost the whole playbook back in there, and work like hell to run it during the week's workouts.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was a question of him not seeing many snaps during training, Leinarts been getting em all getting ready taking over after Schaub.

If Leinart's hurt, I'm expecting Yates to get some more plays in.

Thank the gods that we have a defence!
Old 11-27-2011   #4
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good grief. I'm not a big Kubiak fan, but, as someone else pointed out, this ain't Madden. You can't just have a rookie qb who has never played one down in the NFL come out swinging and tossing the ball all over the field. I don't blame Kubiak for taking things a bit slow. We have a solid defense now, and today was the day to let them do their thing.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
this season. He has to play with the cards he's been dealt. He neutered the offense today without Schaub but we will not play an offense as

trust the
rookie gunslinger to make plays sometimes. You can't just forget about Andre Johnson and friends.
I disagree with the bolded part. You know Bob McNair. If anything, Kubiak just earned himself a free pass. 7-3 with Schaub despite the injuries, then Schaub goes down too. No way McNair cans Kubiak for failing with TJ Yates.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

trust the
Maybe..... maybe Kellen Clemens will be playing next week.

I don't think you're bringing anything to the table that Kubiak doesn't know. Though I don't like it, he did the right thing today, get out of Jacksonville with the win & not putting too much on the rookie.
Old 11-27-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Man right. Now. In kellen clemens we trust lol
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I disagree with the bolded part. You know Bob McNair. If anything, Kubiak just earned himself a free pass. 7-3 with Schaub despite the injuries, then Schaub goes down too. No way McNair cans Kubiak for failing with TJ Yates.
Don't forget the lockout!
Old 11-27-2011   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, but, you can't just give Kubiak a lifetime contract. I'm not trying to start a Kubiak debate here, but, at some point, the train stops. Injuries or not, at some point this team has to move forward.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #10
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #11
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in panic mode now.

I don't see why people wanted him to pass so badly, I was terrified every time he let the ball go, Thank God for Wade and his D is about all I can say.

That and F@#$ TB, first they screw us injuring our QB, then they won't even do us the courtesy of beating the Titans.

Maybe if they work exclusively with him I wont be in such a panic but right now I have a queasy feeling
Old 11-27-2011   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Maybe..... maybe Kellen Clemens will be playing next week.

I don't think you're bringing anything to the table that Kubiak doesn't know. Though I don't like it, he did the right thing today, get out of Jacksonville with the win & not putting too much on the rookie.
i dunno i wanna see TJ yates after a full weeks of practice with the first team, for some reason i see something. It is the way he carries himself and his presence in the pocket. I think he could turn out to be pretty damn good.
Old 11-27-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i dunno i wanna see TJ yates after a full weeks of practice with the first team, for some reason i see something. It is the way he carries himself and his presence in the pocket. I think he could turn out to be pretty damn good.
I'm just saying we don't know.

I thought Kubiak was comfortable with Yates the way he let him sling it in the first half. But then in the second, that turtle done pulled his head back.

I'm good with that, I understand, "You play to win the game... HELLO!!"

But I agree with you, Yates looked good at first, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more. He looked like a leader.
Old 11-27-2011   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Yates was a gunslinger on a bad team in college. He's not
gonna be a game manager qb. He's a high risk/high reward player. If you want any rewards from him you gotta let him loose! At least on 3rd and long...
Old 11-27-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

PFT is reporting that the Texans think Leinart has a broken collarbone. WTF??? This has gotten ridiculous. Would that mean we IR Leinart or keep him inactive for the rest of the regular season? Do we even have enough money to sign another QB?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Leinart said it was his collarbone & felt similar to his season-ending injury in '07. "It's pretty disappointing. Tough to swallow."
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Matt Leinart: "I think there's probably a pretty strong possibility I won't be coming back this season." #Texans
Old 11-27-2011   #17
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Not quite in panic mode yet.

I think the playbook closed down once Yates went in there. I mean you practice all week with one guy, I don't think teams are ever ready for their QB going out in the middle of a game.

I did like what Yates did in the hurry up though. He definitely has the tools to be a alright QB...but the experience at the QB position is monumental and that part scares me.

Still though...the defense is something else really...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #18
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Still though...the defense is something else really...
QFT. I mean, can you even begin to imagine having to rely on last year's defense to hold this lead? And with no Mario, no less?
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #19
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
PFT is reporting that the Texans think Leinart has a broken collarbone. WTF??? This has gotten ridiculous. Would that mean we IR Leinart or keep him inactive for the rest of the regular season? Do we even have enough money to sign another QB?
Any qb u sign is going to be chump change anyway. The question should be who the hell is out there that is worth spending money on...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Good grief. I'm not a big Kubiak fan, but, as someone else pointed out, this ain't Madden. You can't just have a rookie qb who has never played one down in the NFL come out swinging and tossing the ball all over the field. I don't blame Kubiak for taking things a bit slow. We have a solid defense now, and today was the day to let them do their thing.
And, I think something that has slipped a lot of people's attention is this:

The Jags got a gift-wrapped TD off the Foster fumble.

Without that TD, the Jags scored two field goals today.

It should have been 20-6, folks. I don't know that I've ever seen the Texans defense actually win the game the way they did. Maybe that one year in the Carr era when we beat Pittsburgh IN PITTSBURGH! off our defense performance alone.

Connor Barwin was possessed like a maniac demon today. It was out of this world. He was unstoppable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read