Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. 11/27. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

With Matt Schaub out for the season, it will likely fall on Matt Leinart(notes) to lead the Houston Texans to their first playoff berth.

Leinart might have some help in his first start for the team, as All-Pro wide receiver Andre Johnson is expected to return from injury for Sunday’s road meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Leinart didn’t take a snap in 2010 after signing with Houston and hasn’t started consecutive games since 2007 while with Arizona, which drafted him No. 10 overall the previous year. That will likely change for the former Heisman Trophy winner after Schaub was placed on injured reserve Wednesday and the Texans signed Kellen Clemens.

Leinart takes over with Houston (7-3) leading the AFC South by two games over Tennessee and seeking the first five-game win streak in team history.

Houston and its new quarterback will likely get some help in that quest with Johnson expected to play for the first time since Oct. 2.

Johnson, who missed the past six games because of an injured hamstring, had nine catches for 146 yards and a touchdown in his previous matchup with Jacksonville last November.

“It’s a great offense to be a part of,” Leinart said, “and now we get the best receiver in the NFL back, which is awesome to have. That’s going to be great.”

Johnson wasn’t in the lineup during a 24-14 victory over the Jaguars (3-7) on Oct. 30. Schaub passed for a touchdown and ran for another in that game, and Arian Foster(notes) rushed for 112 yards and a TD.

Houston, seeking its first three-game win streak in this series and first victory in Jacksonville since 2006, will face a Jaguars team that’s coming off a bitter defeat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=Ah16rppnxS2uh_qGIcg9KYtDubYF?gid=20111127030

t8ahs7.jpg

2ptnw5j.jpg

ivg283.jpg

What I want to see:

Come out throwing!

Look, we are going to run it vs. their D, we know that. However, the faster we get Leinart comfortable, the better. Even if it's some screens and dump-offs, Matt #2 needs to gain confidence. Last thing the Texans need are 3rd and longs with an uncomfortable QB. 80 is back, so involve him early. Make the Jags honor the pass, freeing up the Slaughterhouse. (My nickname for our stable of RBs...lol)

No Turnovers.

One thing the Jags could use in a game is a some early confidence. How do you get some "feel good" in a game? Turnovers. Sounds cliche, but the one thing that could impact the Texans the rest of the season is doing a complete 180 of what they've been doing: Turning the ball over. Protect the rock like they have been doing and there is no issues.

Jump on J-Ville early

From the 1st drive on, hammer these boys. One thing about JAX, they have been in EVERY game damn near. Key for the Texans is to obviously do what they have been doing on the road lately: Crushing their opponent from the opening kickoff to those triple zeros hit the scoreboard in quarter #4. Stuff the run, force turnovers and make them throw. I want to say "Get off my field" a ton today.

Bye Week rust...kill it early if it shows

Teams are 13-15 this year after byes, with a lot of them looking awful (Titans, for example). I think we'll avoid that since our boys are on the road. Regardless, shake it off early if it rears its ugly head. Some rust may pop up, so stay as sharp as possible. I think the Texans will be okay as long they do what they do.

Oh, almost forgot...

LETS GO TO 8-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hoping for the best, but realistically thinking it may take ML a few games to find his groove.

The Texans will be 8-3 after this game. As to the score or Hot Tub's performance, I'm just going to wait and see.

:texflag:

Let's go baby! I hope I can watch the full game or at least most of it. My cruise ship leaves the port at 4pm Pacific. Don't know what time we have to be there to go through check-ins and all that.

It has been awhile since I've been so nervous about a game. It's because I literally have no idea what to expect. And it is because of our new starting QB. The story of what the last six games will be like starts today. If we can't beat Jacksonville, then its going to be a rough end of the season.

Honestly I feel like we come out passing. We will start by using multiple play action passes. That's what I would do if I was Gary. Keep the defense honest. We know they will respect the running game. Get some respect for the passing game. Get Matt out of the pocket. Give him easy reads and passes. Get him comfortable.

Texans/Jags preview about to come up on NFLN according to that side scroll.
(they just cut to commercials)

Texans back up on NFLN....

Talking about the Texans twice in 45 minutes...??
We're not the Jets! Eisen may fire somebody for this.

What did they say on NFLN about our game today?

In that last little piece they just reviewed all the players we lost during the course of the year; Mario, A.J., Manning, and now Schaub. Mentioned our "unstoppable" running game and Wade's top flight defense.
Nothing new really.

Earlier, it was all about how will Leinart perform in Schaub's place. No one picked us to lose.

You'd learn more reading our posts than listening to those guys.

....but we knew that already.
:D

In that last little piece they just reviewed all the players we lost during the course of the year; Mario, A.J., Manning, and now Schaub. Mentioned our "unstoppable" running game and Wade's top flight defense.
Nothing new really.

Earlier, it was all about how will Leinart perform in Schaub's place. No one picked us to lose.

You'd learn more reading our posts than listening to those guys.

....but we knew that already.
:D

And they just had another segment on Leinart with Mariucci and Eisen.

Well at least we are fixing to find out here real soon what's up. Our number 1 ranked defense has to stop the number 32'd ranked offense. Not a problem.

We are fixin' ta be 8-3 my fellow Texan fans!

Matt L has a hell of a game. AJ comes back strong. Cush anialates him some Kitties. The Texans have a happy plane ride home. :turtle:

:fans:

I'll have to watch this one from the airport and I'll be on the plane during the last part of the game, so I hope to see this one wrapped up early!

Jaguars inactives: 13 QB LeFevour, 18 WR Robiskie, 62 C Estes, 74 DE Kampman, 85 TE Onobun, 90 DE Roth, 96 DT Knighton

I was going to point out that the Jags Stadium has a natural grass field and this would be favorable to the Texans avoiding further injuries............BUT, it certainly hasn't been kind to the Jags.

It's the Einstein Hot Tub Law: The more chicks in the Hot Tub the more space time slows down.

Great use of relativity in real life.

I'm all for time slowing down when I'm in the hot tub, but right now I'm just listening to pre game show on 610.

Our running game is going to be the key today, regardless of how MHT does. If Leinart has to throw more than 15 times, something is wrong.

Texans getting national media attention due to Leinart!!

"Matt Leinart and the Texans rank as the biggest story in the AFC South since it became clear the Colts would be horrible.

I’ve crossed paths with few national media members this season at game.

As Leinart steps in for the injured Matt Schaub today at EverBank Field, I’m with writers from The New York Times, Sports Illustrated and Yahoo. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/31022/leinart-brings-attention-to-everbank-field

Back