Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-01-2011   #81
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Attn psl owners.....buy playoff tickets or say goodbye to your psl for next year.

Anybody who can't pay for theirs can let me know and I will buy them!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #82
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Attn psl owners.....buy playoff tickets or say goodbye to your psl for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Same here!! I have six seats in the Bullpen, and been waiting for this invoice for 10 yrs. Don't think I've ever seen so giddy clicking online and hitting the PAY button! Hell, I wanted to throw a party!! I've had my "playoff" nest egg secured for a long long time, and there was NO way I was going to touch it, before yesterday! I've NEVER stopped believing I would see this day come! NOW, I just hope our Texans complete this journey! I DO NOT want a refund or see my money go on next years tickets. I WANT TO SEE A PLAYOFF GAME IN HOUSTON, hopefully two!! This is a lifelong dream, and I'm gonna enjoy every minute!!
Gma...now you can never call me rich anymore. You are paying for 6 tickets by yourself..... lol.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #83
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Thought I'd put this up here too. I have $3200 invested in 4 bull pen seats.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
The dude selling his PSL's for only $ 10,000.00 doesn't offer free shipping! What a cheap bastard.
Old 12-01-2011   #84
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't have a PSL, no need for one.. have 10 years invested in the team, and paying for the PSL never made any sense to me. But to each their own.. It was a choice, no one choice is better than the other..
PSL is a money grab, nothing more than that.. and I feel for you who are forced into buying the tickets if you cannot afford it in these tough times....
Go Texans !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #85
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Anybody who can't pay for theirs can let me know and I will buy them!
If you wanna "spot me" till the 23rd, I'm all for it!

I'm definitely getting mine, it was just the timing that sucked and the whole 16-day window thingy was/is irritating.
Old 12-02-2011   #86
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
If you wanna "spot me" till the 23rd, I'm all for it!

I'm definitely getting mine, it was just the timing that sucked and the whole 16-day window thingy was/is irritating.
You know I would help you out if you really were in need, just as my fellow Blue Crew did for me when times were tough.
I am seriuos about getting to the playoff game, since I bought my original PSL in 1999 and was a Bullpen season ticket hilder till I could not afford to drive from ATX and pay for it, I now need to get back as any Texans fan would do who has supported the team all these years.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #87
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys the Jim Mora rule still applies..."Don't talk about the playoffs" you'll jinx us!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Guys the Jim Mora rule still applies..."Don't talk about the playoffs" you'll jinx us!
Kinda like not talking to the pitcher when he's throwing a no-hitter.
Old 12-02-2011   #89
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Kinda like not talking to the pitcher when he's throwing a no-hitter.
Don't believe in JINX stuff.. cannot have any effect on what someone or something does if I am not directly involved... YES- PLAYOFFS !!!! WE ARE GOING !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #90
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Tell that to the Texans A/R department.
Old 12-02-2011   #91
TheBigpaki
Veteran

Rep Power: 759 TheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respected

Paid in full. Never been so happy to spend money.
TheBigpaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #92
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Gma...now you can never call me rich anymore. You are paying for 6 tickets by yourself..... lol.
LOL my friend!! I've been grabbing every overtime day I could get, staying at home when I'd rather go out, saying NO to some home improvement I've been wanting to do, forgoing some OOT games I really wanted to attend, and just pinching pennies. I knew I'd have to pay for them if the time came, and I didn't want to get caught with my drawers down! Besides, I knew if this day ever came it would be at Christmas time. I paid for them, but, my adult children will have to purchase a ticket from me if they want to go. This is my GIFT to myself for 10 yrs of being a loyal diehard, and never giving up on my team!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #93
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine will be paid in full

on the last day possible.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #94
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

$2,508 is my invoice....... hope we get both playoff games at home so I can make some money back!
Old 12-05-2011   #95
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pain in Full

I'm thinking about selling our 4 to go towards Superbowl tickets. I'd much rather watch the playoff games from our Tailgate outside the stadium and watch them INSIDE at the Superbowl.

I've wanted to go to the SB for a very long time and already have a hotel reservation in Indy. We shall see
Old 12-05-2011   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
$2,508 is my invoice.......
I feel so cheap
Old 12-05-2011   #97
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well hopefully I will be able to sell all but 4 of my tickets....... and go to the game for free with the profit I make.
Old 12-05-2011   #98
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Oh wait, WHAT??? While I had to scramble to pay for my tix...

I coulda kinda went this route:

Old 12-05-2011   #99
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I feel so cheap
That guy's a scalper, isn't he? My bill was $322.00 and I'm real happy about it not being 8x as much like that cat's.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I still don't understand the point of owning a PSL.
I understand the fans point of view. Football diehards. Fanatics want to go to the game and this is the rules established to do it. No choice.

However, I think it's a scam by the owners to 1) make more money off of fans (regardless of all that financing the stadium construction talk), because 2) it guarantees that fans will not use their feet to protest crappy teams. You are stuck buying the ticket every season to protect the initial monetary investment of the PSL. That's how the Texans can boast of ### of consecutive sellouts the past decade, even through the abysmal 2-14 season's aftermath (note the sellout record has nothing to do with actual attendance numbers, which the NFL likes to hide in a tough place to find on the 'net).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
You know I would help you out if you really were in need, just as my fellow Blue Crew did for me when times were tough.
I am seriuos about getting to the playoff game, since I bought my original PSL in 1999 and was a Bullpen season ticket hilder till I could not afford to drive from ATX and pay for it, I now need to get back as any Texans fan would do who has supported the team all these years.
Owning season tickets for the first 8 seasons, I feel the same way. Gave them up due to lack of funds. I'd love to break down and buy a single seat just to experience a playoff game.

But, that would break my son's heart. Sitting at home by himself watching the Texans in the playoffs is something that I just couldn't deal with. Having both kids in my lap while watching our hometown team kick some butt is priceless in and of itself.

Besides, I have absolute faith in the Texans faithful that they will give our team an homefield advantage. Last week proved it, and a playoff game would be even crazier.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read