Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-24-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas and Texas A&M

Quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—The winner of Texas and Texas A&M’s annual game usually gets a year of bragging rights in this football-crazy state.

The victor of Thursday night’s showdown will get to boast about this one for a lot longer than that.

It is Texas A&M’s last Big 12 game before the Aggies move to the Southeastern Conference next season. They hoped to continue the rivalry, which began in 1894, but the Longhorns have said their schedule is full through 2018.

The possibility that this could be the last meeting between these rivals has taken this already heated matchup to another level.

Texas coach Mack Brown talked to his players about the shot to go out on top.

“You should enjoy this because this could the last time that Texas ever plays Texas A&M,” Brown said he told them. “If that happens, you’ve got something to talk to your kids about, your grandkids about, you’ll be part of history. I also told them … you’d like for it to be a good memory.”

The Longhorns got Brown’s point loud and clear.

“This game will be remembered. The score will be remembered, just because it is the last one in a long series,” Texas safety Blake Gideon said.

Texas A&M defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter and coach Mike Sherman conveyed a similar message to the Aggies.

“This game’s never just another game,” DeRuyter said. “The fact that it’s the last one for a long time has coach Sherman and I have (saying): `It’s the one you’re going to remember for years, 15 or 20 years down the road you’ll be talking about it. It’s your chance to affect that.”
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-texas-texasam
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas and Texas A&M

I am laying the nine points today.
Old 11-24-2011   #3
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is probably the least hyped game between these two schools that I can ever remember.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and about to start
Old 11-24-2011   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

touchdown Aggies already
Old 11-24-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
touchdown Aggies already
Excellent. Go NINERS!
Old 11-24-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

longhorns score on a trick play.

13-7 now Aggies leading
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2011   #8
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14129 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a game!!!! It's a shame that this series is ending, the state should step in and and make it happen (I know its far-fetched).
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
What a game!!!! It's a shame that this series is ending, the state should step in and and make it happen (I know its far-fetched).
Kidding?? Pretty bad game, IMO. I was game to watch but quit because, well, the game wasn't that good to watch.
Old 11-24-2011   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, I kept telling a buddy of mine that there is no way we are going to miss that field goal because the Aggies are cursed.

You Aggies have the double whammy. I feel your pain on Sundays because I know all about the Houston curse thing, but you guys have it on both sides.

Have fun in the SEC! Hookem!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #11
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

we're bad

before this season, I predicted 10-2 with cotton bowl win over south carolina and a sweep of the texas schools. boy, was I wrong.

yikes.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope the Ags represent well in the SEC.

Have to see it to believe it.

Sherman is one of Garys mentors. His team only plays 2 qtrs. Coincedence?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to my Longhorn friends! The Aggs GAVE ya a going away present!! 17 unanswered points!! Truthfully, the Aggies screwed up, and Tennehall SUCKS!! That my friends = a Texas win!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #14
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

And it's goodbye to A&M!
Old 11-24-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I want the old SWC back!!

Congrats Longhorns. What is this world coming to?
Old 11-25-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe some of my Aggie friends. They seem to deify Tannehill as if he's some awesome QB being held back by Sherman, but the fact is he's an average QB who has trouble managing a game while ahead. He's the quintessential Mark Sanchez without the GQ spread. I hope we get a better one in Showers cause we are sorely needing an upgrade. Screw Tannehill, I will break things of the Texans waste a Second on him...
Old 11-25-2011   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can't believe some of my Aggie friends. They seem to deify Tannehill as if he's some awesome QB being held back by Sherman, but the fact is he's an average QB who has trouble managing a game while ahead. He's the quintessential Mark Sanchez without the GQ spread. I hope we get a better one in Showers cause we are sorely needing an upgrade. Screw Tannehill, I will break things of the Texans waste a Second on him...
No, he isn't
Old 11-25-2011   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No, he isn't
Correct! He's BELOW adverage!!!! I've watched more Aggie football this year than ever before, simply because I'm not into college football that much. BUT, I thought Sherman was about to turn the corner with them, and this would be a respectable year and worth watching. WRONG! The only thing Tannehill has going for him is a cute girlfriend. They sure showed her enough on TV last night!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #19
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game. Tannehill sucks and Sherman's playcalling is too predictable. The Aggies had no business losing that game. Untimely defensive penalties, some of which were highly questionable calls, that sustained what would have otherwise been unsuccessful Longhorn drives, combined with 1 major special teams error and a lackluster offensive performance that included multiple turnovers in great field position ruined what quite possibly would have been a 28+ point differential shutout.
Old 11-25-2011   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

....and for the record. Mac daddy would be a better coach if he would - for the love of God - quit worrying about the officiating. I've really grown to hate that guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read