Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-23-2011   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fred Jackson placed on IR

Quote:
The Buffalo Bills placed Fred Jackson on season-ending injured reserve only hours after ruling the running back out for Sunday's game against the Jets.

The Bills replaced Jackson on the roster by claiming former Cowboys and Redskins running back Tashard Choice off waivers.

Jackson was ruled out by Buffalo coach Chan Gailey on Wednesday, three days after Jackson was hurt in a blowout loss to the Miami Dolphins.

The somber news is not what the reeling Bills need as their playoff hopes continue to fade.

"If you've got a professional football team that's in the hunt and I've got to go give them some kind of talk to keep them motivated, we're in trouble," Gailey said. "My feeling is that if you've got a team that is that fragile, you're in trouble. I believe we have guys that understand about fighting through tough times and fighting through adversity."

Jackson's absence is a significant blow to a Bills team that has dropped three straight by a combined score of 106-26.

"It's tough not having Fred out there on the field," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. "We know where his heart is, and where his mind's going to be ... with us."

With Jackson out, the spotlight will be on his backup, second-year running back C.J. Spiller.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/72...choice-waivers
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #2
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Re: Fred Jackson placed on IR

He was the only top 10 talent I had for FFootball and now he's done.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #3
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fred Jackson placed on IR

Holy Isht!
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
He was the only top 10 talent I had for FFootball and now he's done.
Yeah, I also have him on my fantasy football team. Luckily for me I picked Spiller up on waivers a few weeks ago for this very reason.
Old 11-23-2011   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, the news keeps getting worse and worse for the Bills. Doesn't help their playoff hopes now. Maybe CJ Spiller can step up though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!

My 3 awesome RBs is down to 2 now... Damnit!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2011   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!

My 3 awesome RBs is down to 2 now... Damnit!!!!!!!!
Same here. Now all i have is Forte and Turner.

I picked up Barber off the waiver wire in place of Jackson because he always vultures TDs away from Forte especially as of the last few weeks. And i also got Reggie Bush a few weeks ago and Kevin Smith.
Old 11-23-2011   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad for the Bills ..... such a storybook beginning.
Old 11-23-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Same here. Now all i have is Forte and Turner.

I picked up Barber off the waiver wire in place of Jackson because he always vultures TDs away from Forte especially as of the last few weeks. And i also got Reggie Bush a few weeks ago and Kevin Smith.
Haha, mine are Ray Rice and Turner. Got Ben Tate and now CJ Spiller on my bench. And to think I dropped Blount just a week ago cause I thought I was set at RB for the next 5 weeks...

Now I'm playing Colston or AJ Green in my flex.
Old 11-23-2011   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Haha, mine are Ray Rice and Turner. Got Ben Tate and now CJ Spiller on my bench. And to think I dropped Blount just a week ago cause I thought I was set at RB for the next 5 weeks...

Now I'm playing Colston or AJ Green in my flex.
You still have a pretty strong bench there. With Jackson going down, Spiller goes straight into my line-up and the only RB I've got on my bench is Daniel Thomas. I also have Turner & Forte.

It sucks when two of the top RB's on my team are now done for the year (Charles & Jackson). My RB's would have been awesome if they would have just stayed healthy the entire year.
Old 11-23-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You still have a pretty strong bench there. With Jackson going down, Spiller goes straight into my line-up and the only RB I've got on my bench is Daniel Thomas. I also have Turner & Forte.

It sucks when two of the top RB's on my team are now done for the year (Charles & Jackson). My RB's would have been awesome if they would have just stayed healthy the entire year.
Yeah, my team is still strong and I'm in 1st place with a 9-2 record, so I only need 1 more win to secure a playoff spot. I just prefer to have 3 RBs and 2 WRs starting. RBs tend to be much more consistent. I got Roddy White, AJ Green, Marques Colston and Laurent Robinson as WRs. I guess Colston and Robinson are actually my flex choices, but I'm playing matchups this week and Robinson against Miami is too good to pass up. Rice and Turner will be my RBs going forward, with a dabble of Spiller or maybe Tate at flex if they prove themselves.

Charles, Forte and Jackson would have been the best combo you could ask for this year if it weren't for injuries. Too bad, but half of FF is luck Last year I started Josh Freeman in the Super Bowl and won thanks to his 5 TD performance. Crazy luck to have that happen.
Old 11-23-2011   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Cutler was my QB and Jackson was one of my 3 starting backs. Great week for me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Hey, Schaub was my starting QB. I feel your pain.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah well in that dynasty league you got me into my QB's are Kevin Kolb, Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick. I'm in the Suck for Luck race.
Old 11-24-2011   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah well in that dynasty league you got me into my QB's are Kevin Kolb, Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick. I'm in the Suck for Luck race.
lol, stuck behind the 8ball.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey, Schaub was my starting QB. I feel your pain.
Yeah, in one league I've got Schaub, too. But some ***** waived Eli Manning and I was able to scarf him up mid-season. Now I've got Eli and Leinart.

Luckily for me, in that league I've also got Arian and Tate.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, in one league I've got Schaub, too. But some ***** waived Eli Manning and I was able to scarf him up mid-season. Now I've got Eli and Leinart.

Luckily for me, in that league I've also got Arian and Tate.
How did they let you get Foster AND Tate?
And why dump Eli?

I need to play in your league
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
How did they let you get Foster AND Tate?
And why dump Eli?

I need to play in your league
It was really kinda crazy because we drafted and the guy who set up the league (who's crazy and always screws something up but now it's become a tradition) messed up the settings so we had to re-draft. BUT. They didn't tell me.

In the first draft, I had the second pick and snatched up Arian. Then they redrafted and the first 3-4 guys passed on Arian because they were worried about his hamstring and the auto-picker got him for me. AND Schaub, later on.

When I finally had a chance to sit down with my team, I grabbed Tate.

I still don't know who dropped Eli or why but it was probably because we've got very short benches and he hit his bye.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in a large league and Jackson was my #2 pick. I need one or two more wins to lock up a playoff spot so I figured this might kill my chances.

Thank God I picked up Helu from Washington a few weeks ago. He might have won it for me this week.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub & now Leinart?

Matt Moore is looking better each week, Cedric Benson has been a beast, imagine the only player I really wanted was Jimmy Graham. strange times indeed

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read