Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Arian Foster 2K Watch Thread

EVOLVIST

Kid A
Just read this bit from Mr. Nick Scurfield (yeah, we're on a first name basis now), saying that Arian Foster is on pace for 1295 yards rushing and 779 yards receiving.

That's 2074 yards from scrimmage, in back-to-back seasons!

But before you start rubbing your nipples, I say he won't make it.

The Texans are far too balanced this year for any one man to come out of this a stat monster. Yeah, (2) 1000 yard rushers? I can dig that well before I see Arian pull another Marshall Faulk.

But hey, this is the place to track him.

Right now, with 740 yards rushing, he only lacks 260 to reach a grand.

I would rather see some big Ws no matter how the Texans do it. Still, this is a fun exercise to see if the bowtie comes off as Arian makes a run for Canton.

Hey, I like bowties.

To the topic, I'm kinda hoping we produce two 1,000-yd rushers.

I would have to agree with you, I would rather we not need Foster to drop 2k yards in the regular season and instead have both Tate and Foster grab 1k Rushing each which seems to be the way things are headed. Keeps em both fresh for the playoffs.

Shoot, with Schaub's injury, I think it increases his chances of getting the 2k. I'd assume that even more of the offense will flow through Foster now.

Shoot, with Schaub's injury, I think it increases his chances of getting the 2k. I'd assume that even more of the offense will flow through Foster now.

You know, and I was thinking a bit of that, too (not caring whether Foster reaches 2K, though it would be fun); but with AJ back, and how well Foster has been catching the ball, defenses are going to have to pick their poison: One or the other: AJ or Arian. They can't stop both, no matter if HTM is behind center.

And then there is Ben Tate. Ya know, a buddy of mine met him at the supermarket the other night. My pal asked him if he was Ben Tate. Yeah. So, Tate has these two bouquets of flowers in his hands. Tate said he was nervous - that he had a date and couldn't decide which bouquet to pick.

My buddy told Tate that both roses looked great, but to pick the red roses. Tate did. True story.

The moral? Foster and Tate. Coming up roses all day long, baby! We won't go wrong with either one!

11-27-2011 vs. Jags

Foster now has 805 rushing yards and 469 recieving yards.

Total = 1274

726 yards under the 2k mark with 5 games remaining.

Ben Tate has 712 rushing yards.

Yeah, we'll have (2) 1000 yard rushers.

It'll be a hard row to hoe for Foster to get 2K.

Screw it, just win!

So, it's never really been about the stats (but they're still fun).

Going into the Titans game Foster needs 159 yards from scrimmage to reach 2k in back-to-back seasons.

It doesn't look like too tall of an order after all.

Ben Tate on the other hand? He won't hit 1k rushing. He needs 155 yards on the ground.

So, who's going to get it done? Or will it get done at all?

Oh, come now. We all rub our nipples over football, metaphorically or otherwise.

In fact, if the truth be known, sports fans are inherently masochistic by nature, in that we vicariously live our own athletic failings through the physical prowess of others.

LOL, I have to re-login to rep each one of you.

I'm thinking one of them will get it.
That's if we make one of them the focus.

It will be great if we do one in the first half, and the other in the second half.
Ecstasy!
icon10.gif

That sounds wrong just the same.

So, it's never really been about the stats (but they're still fun).

Going into the Titans game Foster needs 159 yards from scrimmage to reach 2k in back-to-back seasons.

It doesn't look like too tall of an order after all.

Ben Tate on the other hand? He won't hit 1k rushing. He needs 155 yards on the ground.

So, who's going to get it done? Or will it get done at all?

If I'm coaching this team Sunday, Ben Tate will have every opportunity to pick up 155 yards. Arian is going to be sitting on the sideline with a football in his hands & his helmet on his head. Everyone will have an incentive to knock the ball out of his hands.

If Arian drops the ball, he'll be benched for our first play-off game ever.

for two or three snaps

Back