Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2011   #1
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Arian Foster 2K Watch Thread

Just read this bit from Mr. Nick Scurfield (yeah, we're on a first name basis now), saying that Arian Foster is on pace for 1295 yards rushing and 779 yards receiving.

That's 2074 yards from scrimmage, in back-to-back seasons!

But before you start rubbing your nipples, I say he won't make it.

The Texans are far too balanced this year for any one man to come out of this a stat monster. Yeah, (2) 1000 yard rushers? I can dig that well before I see Arian pull another Marshall Faulk.

But hey, this is the place to track him.

Right now, with 740 yards rushing, he only lacks 260 to reach a grand.

I would rather see some big Ws no matter how the Texans do it. Still, this is a fun exercise to see if the bowtie comes off as Arian makes a run for Canton.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Arian Foster 2K Watch Thread

Hey, I like bowties.

To the topic, I'm kinda hoping we produce two 1,000-yd rushers.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #3
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have to agree with you, I would rather we not need Foster to drop 2k yards in the regular season and instead have both Tate and Foster grab 1k Rushing each which seems to be the way things are headed. Keeps em both fresh for the playoffs.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #4
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Why cant we do both?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot, with Schaub's injury, I think it increases his chances of getting the 2k. I'd assume that even more of the offense will flow through Foster now.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #6
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

sweet.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

you've jinxed us all!
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2011   #8
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Shoot, with Schaub's injury, I think it increases his chances of getting the 2k. I'd assume that even more of the offense will flow through Foster now.
You know, and I was thinking a bit of that, too (not caring whether Foster reaches 2K, though it would be fun); but with AJ back, and how well Foster has been catching the ball, defenses are going to have to pick their poison: One or the other: AJ or Arian. They can't stop both, no matter if HTM is behind center.

And then there is Ben Tate. Ya know, a buddy of mine met him at the supermarket the other night. My pal asked him if he was Ben Tate. Yeah. So, Tate has these two bouquets of flowers in his hands. Tate said he was nervous - that he had a date and couldn't decide which bouquet to pick.

My buddy told Tate that both roses looked great, but to pick the red roses. Tate did. True story.

The moral? Foster and Tate. Coming up roses all day long, baby! We won't go wrong with either one!
Old 11-23-2011   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Why cant we do both?
Winner!

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
you've jinxed us all!
No doubt!
Old 11-27-2011   #11
EVOLVIST
Kid A

11-27-2011 vs. Jags

Foster now has 805 rushing yards and 469 recieving yards.

Total = 1274

726 yards under the 2k mark with 5 games remaining.

Ben Tate has 712 rushing yards.

Yeah, we'll have (2) 1000 yard rushers.

It'll be a hard row to hoe for Foster to get 2K.

Screw it, just win!
Old 12-29-2011   #12
EVOLVIST
Kid A

So, it's never really been about the stats (but they're still fun).

Going into the Titans game Foster needs 159 yards from scrimmage to reach 2k in back-to-back seasons.

It doesn't look like too tall of an order after all.

Ben Tate on the other hand? He won't hit 1k rushing. He needs 155 yards on the ground.

So, who's going to get it done? Or will it get done at all?
Old 12-29-2011   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Do you think we'll actually play him that much? I'm a little skeptical about that.
Old 12-29-2011   #14
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im rubbing my nipples and ain't no one stopping me!!

Last edited by htowntexans1985; 12-30-2011 at 03:01 AM.
htowntexans1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
In rubbing my nipples and ain't no one stopping me!!
Dude

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #16
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In rubbing my nipples and ain't no one stopping me!!
<---
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #17
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Dude
Oh, come now. We all rub our nipples over football, metaphorically or otherwise.

In fact, if the truth be known, sports fans are inherently masochistic by nature, in that we vicariously live our own athletic failings through the physical prowess of others.
Old 12-30-2011   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, I have to re-login to rep each one of you.

I'm thinking one of them will get it.
That's if we make one of them the focus.

It will be great if we do one in the first half, and the other in the second half.
Ecstasy!

That sounds wrong just the same.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im rubbing my nipples and ain't no one stopping me!!
ooooooooooo
kaaaaaaay.....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #20
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Why cant we do both?
Either, both, neither, I don't care as long as the result is a W. We knock the Tacks out of playoffs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read