Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2011   #21
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Delusional Jags' Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
That optimism has to end at some point though, right? Heck, we wanted Kubiak to be a goner last season! I guess that turned out alright, but this year is the only year we have been this many games over .500.

I can see where he is coming from but you have to set your expectations a little lower than from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best. It happens, but not very often!

Is the NFL Suckatory also known as the Factory of Sadness by the way?
could be. I imagine Colts fans are being introduced to that concept this year.
goody, goody, goody for their butts

oh, I'm sorry. Was that my outside voice?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #22
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Colts = Count-On-Losing-This-Sunday

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #23
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

What do y'all think, delusional or sarcastic?

EDIT: It has been a VERY LONG bye week, too. Thank goodness that is over!

These jags sure do have a lot of positive what if scenarios
Old 11-22-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I want some of what he's smokin.

I just saw they signed Kevin Bentley... maybe we are screwed.
I'm not sure that I got an earlier answer -OR- if you did ever find out what they were "smokin"........... Still interested if you find out!!!

I want some of that!!!
Old 11-22-2011   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't bash someone for being delusional about their team. I've been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt.

I think the Texans are built to be successful for a long time IF we can continue with this defense. My hope is that Wade decides to settle in as the Texans' DC for awhile and that he can maintain the type of success he's had so far.

But I could be delusional, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

what a joke.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #27
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dilusional or moronic. Let's keep in mind that this the same fan base that believes they've had all sellouts at home games. Nevermind the fact that the upper levels are covered with tarps and local businesses or the team itself has to buy the tix at the eleventh hour in order to avoid blackouts.
Old 11-23-2011   #28
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think the Jags fans are delusional you should check out the Titans message board.

There are topics going on like "if we win all of our next 6 games and Houston loses all of them we have a chance to go to the playoffs blah blah blah".
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #29
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a difference between being an optimistic fan and simply not knowing anything about football. This guy is clueless. The Jags have a LONG way to go to re-build. They may get lucky and hire a coach that can catch lightening in a bottle like San Fransico did, but, the odds are against them.

If the Texans don't make the playoffs and we fire our entire coaching staff, guess what? We would STILL have the same core group of talented players in place, and our next coach would have a much more solid foundation on which to build than a coach taking over Jacksonville.

That guy is on crack, plain and simple.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
There is a difference between being an optimistic fan and simply not knowing anything about football. This guy is clueless. The Jags have a LONG way to go to re-build. They may get lucky and hire a coach that can catch lightening in a bottle like San Fransico did, but, the odds are against them.

If the Texans don't make the playoffs and we fire our entire coaching staff, guess what? We would STILL have the same core group of talented players in place, and our next coach would have a much more solid foundation on which to build than a coach taking over Jacksonville.

That guy is on crack, plain and simple.
Love is blind. Apparently, that sometimes includes love for one's football team.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Love is blind. Apparently, that sometimes includes love for one's football team.
LOVE being delusional!! I think this is what some of you guys call "being a homer!"
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #32
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
If you think the Jags fans are delusional you should check out the Titans message board.

There are topics going on like "if we win all of our next 6 games and Houston loses all of them we have a chance to go to the playoffs blah blah blah".
I did peek over at gotitans, they are convinced we stand no chance this Sunday against the jags.

Old 11-23-2011   #33
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean really, if you think about it.... what's the difference between today's Jaguar team and the Patriots dynasty teams? Probably just Belicheck and a few decent receivers. Baggert is doing really, really well for a rookie, he unseated the fabled David Garrard! JDRio will be gone next year because the Jaguars are doing so well and the GM that put together half a team can get to work on the other half.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I did peek over at gotitans, they are convinced we stand no chance this Sunday against the jags.

I know we lost our starting QB, but we beat them in Tennessee 41-7 and now they think we can't beat Jax? 41-7!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't what happened but I can't even get on GoTinnbreds right now!
Old 11-23-2011   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
A link would've been cool to see the context of what he was saying.
It's from a thread on their message board. I ran across it yesterday.

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=698989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't what happened but I can't even get on GoTinnbreds right now!
You finally got approved? I remember going there to sign up a couple few years ago and never got the email or anything. I reckon I could've tried again, but meh
Old 11-23-2011   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
having sympathy for a fan is way different than having pity for his team.
having been there for so long, I feel his pain.
but don't get it twisted - I hope his team continues to suck.
Quote:

So you feel the Jags fan's pain...but you're relishing the pain of the Colts' fans?

I see all AFC South opponent's teams AND fans the same way: They're the enemy. Regardless of whether the Colts fans have had 10 years of red hot success, or if the Jags have been mired in mediocrity, makes no difference to me. They're all the enemy. They'd relish our pain if it meant their exaltation.

I'm soaking this season in. It's our fist time, as Texans, to be on top looking down and it's not the first 3 weeks of the season either...it's 10 games into the season and a fairly cozy schedule remaining.

It's about time the fans of the Titans/Jags/Colts had to look up and see the Texans glaring down at them from on high. This dog's day has come.
Old 11-23-2011   #38
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOVE being delusional!! I think this is what some of you guys call "being a homer!"
If we are sipping the koolaid over on this board, then he must have taken the whole freakin' pitcher of it!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #39
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So you feel the Jags fan's pain...but you're relishing the pain of the Colts' fans?

I see all AFC South opponent's teams AND fans the same way: They're the enemy. Regardless of whether the Colts fans have had 10 years of red hot success, or if the Jags have been mired in mediocrity, makes no difference to me. They're all the enemy. They'd relish our pain if it meant their exaltation.

I'm soaking this season in. It's our fist time, as Texans, to be on top looking down and it's not the first 3 weeks of the season either...it's 10 games into the season and a fairly cozy schedule remaining.

It's about time the fans of the Titans/Jags/Colts had to look up and see the Texans glaring down at them from on high. This dog's day has come.
At first I was like,

Then I realized you misspelled first and then I was like,

On the last paragraph though I was like,
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #40
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we are sipping the koolaid over on this board, then he must have taken the whole freakin' pitcher of it!
The question is what was the pitcher laced with?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read