Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2011   #1
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Delusional Jags' Fan

Quote:
agreed, just to add to what you said... I think the jags are closer to being a top flight team than the Texans are... Our D is just better, our QB will eclipse Shaub by the end of next year, our GM will get us recievers that will be productive, and next year we'll have a HC that will be better than Kubiak as well...

We're on the upswing. The texans are peaking. If the texans don't make thier run now, they're gonna never make it...

Jags = Up and Coming

It's just a matter of time and staying patient and positive as a fan...
This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

What do y'all think, delusional or sarcastic?

EDIT: It has been a VERY LONG bye week, too. Thank goodness that is over!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Delusional Jags' Fan

The Jags have a good defense and one quality RB. That's it. The Texans have so much more than that it's not even funny. Sheesh......

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

and MJD only has 2 or 3 quality years left before the inevitable running back decline. Aren't we pretty much younger than the Jags at everything other than QB and maybe WR?
Old 11-22-2011   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him. He's positive and has hope for his team. He's delusional, but I like his attitude.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

We are a top flight team. So, his argument is inherently flawed.

That said, the Jags have a good defense and, as we have seen numerous times, it only takes one good offseason to propel a 10 loss team to 10 wins.
Old 11-22-2011   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I like him. He's positive and has hope for his team. He's delusional, but I like his attitude.
I agree. He sounds like me several years back.

"Carr will start to develop under Kubiak and Wali Lundy will emerge as a top RB! Andre Johnson is the most underrated WR in the league and all these number 1 picks spend on the D will payoff as we'll have one of the stoutest D-Lines!!!1one!"
Old 11-22-2011   #8
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's right ..... I mean technically we been on th upswing since 2-14 a very slow long grueling upswing filled with years of disappointment and getting owned by the entire NFL. So if his point is that is what is in store for them then I agree.
Old 11-22-2011   #9
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah....I am sure you can go look at some of our post back when we had Carr at qb .....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's right. The Jags would be the best team in the NFL right now if the refs would just stop hatin' on them. It's very frustrating. I think the Jags players should start getting violent toward the refs in this upcoming game and throw the game in protest. Matter of fact, it happens 'cause nobody respects Jaxonville and they should just move the team....to San Antonio. Then the Jax fans can root for a real team in a real state and the refs won't discriminate against the team based on....unfairness against stupid people.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot get mad at another teams fans for wanting their team to be like ours. It's almost Christmas and he is looking forward to finding presents under his tree. He is wise in realizing it will be only another lump of coal. He is already "waiting for next year".
Old 11-22-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can relate to him. Bless his crazy, delusional, flat out certifiable heart.
Old 11-22-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I want some of what he's smokin.

I just saw they signed Kevin Bentley... maybe we are screwed.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #14
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK, in my opinion, used to sound JUST LIKE this guy two or three years ago. Who
knows, maybe his belief of something that only exists in his mind just may come true.
Old 11-22-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
TK, in my opinion, used to sound JUST LIKE this guy two or three years ago. Who
knows, maybe his belief of something that only exists in his mind just may come true.

Well.... I can't be mad atcha... I agree.

If I were a Jag fan, I'd probably feel the same way. We were worried about missing out on AJs prime years. They've got MJD wasting away.

Heck... Many people here think we aren't going to go far with Kubiak & I'm sure McNair has already decided to bring him back next year & the year after, & the year after....

so who knows?
Old 11-22-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

Neither.
He's what all we fans are: Eternally hopeful and optimistic. Every team has spent time in NFL Suckatory with their fans hoping for the football deities to smile upon them and let them step into the Light.

He's no different than I was 2004. Or 2008... or 2009...
Old 11-22-2011   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

EDIT: It has been a VERY LONG bye week, too. Thank goodness that is over!
A link would've been cool to see the context of what he was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I want some of what he's smokin.

I just saw they signed Kevin Bentley... maybe we are screwed.
And, yes please.
Old 11-22-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The only positive thing he has to hold onto, right now, is the idea that Del Rio gets fired (and they hit the jackpot on a new HC somehow).

Other than that, he's lying to himself in order to "wish away" the pain.

I don't feel sorry for him. Del Rio is a jerk, he coaches his team to be jerks also, and I can't find it in me to have not even one ounce of pity for any of the three AFC South teams.

You guys think they had pity for us the past 9 damn years? Hell no they didn't! We were an easy two wins for each of them (most of the time).

I hope we blast them on Sunday, with Leinart looking like a Pro Bowler the whole day. I hope Yates comes in for garbage time because of how bad we're throttling them.

No quarter shall be given.
Old 11-22-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The only positive thing he has to hold onto, right now, is the idea that Del Rio gets fired (and they hit the jackpot on a new HC somehow).

Other than that, he's lying to himself in order to "wish away" the pain.

I don't feel sorry for him. Del Rio is a jerk, he coaches his team to be jerks also, and I can't find it in me to have not even one ounce of pity for any of the three AFC South teams.

You guys think they had pity for us the past 9 damn years? Hell no they didn't! We were an easy two wins for each of them (most of the time).

I hope we blast them on Sunday, with Leinart looking like a Pro Bowler the whole day. I hope Yates comes in for garbage time because of how bad we're throttling them.

No quarter shall be given.
having sympathy for a fan is way different than having pity for his team.
having been there for so long, I feel his pain.
but don't get it twisted - I hope his team continues to suck.
Old 11-22-2011   #20
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Neither.
He's what all we fans are: Eternally hopeful and optimistic. Every team has spent time in NFL Suckatory with their fans hoping for the football deities to smile upon them and let them step into the Light.

He's no different than I was 2004. Or 2008... or 2009...
That optimism has to end at some point though, right? Heck, we wanted Kubiak to be a goner last season! I guess that turned out alright, but this year is the only year we have been this many games over .500.

I can see where he is coming from but you have to set your expectations a little lower than from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best. It happens, but not very often!

Is the NFL Suckatory also known as the Factory of Sadness by the way?
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read