Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-22-2011   #1
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Harbaugh Bowl-Turkey Day

Are you biting the hype? "Harbowl" some are calling it. The 49ers are playing some great ball right now! It will be fun to see the 2 Brothers coaching against each other!
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Harbaugh Bowl-Turkey Day

Don't care what they call it! GOOOOO NINERS!! I'm still nursing my dream of a Texan/Niner SB!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #3
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Don't care what they call it! GOOOOO NINERS!! I'm still nursing my dream of a Texan/Niner SB!
Would be sweet! Who would you root for?
Old 11-22-2011   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Niners coach is ass.
Old 11-22-2011   #5
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Niners coach is ass.
Huh? Why you state that?
Old 11-22-2011   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting game. Both teams built the same way. Tough defenses. Solid running games. Iffy QBs.

SF needs to beat Baltimore.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

was a cool segment on both of the "boys" and how they send game tape to their dad and get pointers

was on NFL network (I think) two weeks ago
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2011   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Interesting game. Both teams built the same way. Tough defenses. Solid running games. Iffy QBs.

Baltimore needs to beat SF
Fixed it for you. San Francisco has a five game lead in their division and has a two game advantage for a first round bye. Baltimore has two divisional opponents breathing down their necks. This game looks more important to the Ravens imo.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLove View Post
Would be sweet! Who would you root for?

TEXANS of course!! BUT, I would go home with a smile on my face if the Niners won! Sure wouldn't have to live through months of HELL if we lost to someone like the girls from Dallas!! That would be a nightmare that would never end!

Been a Niner fan since i was a teen, but, NO team will ever replace my passion for our Texans!! Diehard for life!!
Old 11-23-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
As you know my better half is a big Niner fan and she's all worried even though they're all but in and just need to lock up the #2.

I tell her this, and hear me out though I'll be brief. It would serve the Niners well in the long run to get a good old fashioned beating by Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but probably not both. If my team is the Niners I don't want them going into the playoffs riding anything near a 14-game winning streak.

It's really as simple as that in my way of thinking. The '85 Bears give a lot of credit to their Championship run to losing on MNF to Miami that year. It made them re-whet their appetite.

A loss to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh has you wondering what happened to the team that beat the Giants or Philadelphia and a loss by ANYONE from their own division would have the same demoralizing effect. Winning out would make for a happy team going into the post season and I would rather have a team with bit of an attitude.

Donna doesn't buy it, she wants to win them all then have their coaches beheaded after the game but I told her their would be a fine and she backed off.
Old 11-23-2011   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Fixed it for you. San Francisco has a five game lead in their division and has a two game advantage for a first round bye. Baltimore has two divisional opponents breathing down their necks. This game looks more important to the Ravens imo.
No, you screwed it up.

We need Baltimore to lose so we can become the #2 seed again.

Hello...?

Whose side are you on anywho?
Old 11-23-2011   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No, you screwed it up.

We need Baltimore to lose so we can become the #2 seed again.

Hello...?

Whose side are you on anywho?
I wasn't looking at it from a Houston prospective.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
As you know my better half is a big Niner fan and she's all worried even though they're all but in and just need to lock up the #2.

I tell her this, and hear me out though I'll be brief. It would serve the Niners well in the long run to get a good old fashioned beating by Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but probably not both. If my team is the Niners I don't want them going into the playoffs riding anything near a 14-game winning streak.

It's really as simple as that in my way of thinking. The '85 Bears give a lot of credit to their Championship run to losing on MNF to Miami that year. It made them re-whet their appetite.

A loss to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh has you wondering what happened to the team that beat the Giants or Philadelphia and a loss by ANYONE from their own division would have the same demoralizing effect. Winning out would make for a happy team going into the post season and I would rather have a team with bit of an attitude.

Donna doesn't buy it, she wants to win them all then have their coaches beheaded after the game but I told her their would be a fine and she backed off.
To bad the Niners only loss was to the Cowboys! I'm still ticked off about that game, and it was a long time ago! lol
Old 11-24-2011   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I wasn't looking at it from a Houston prospective.
wait....
you mean...
there are other perspectives??
Old 11-24-2011   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

alright.. last NFL game of the day ...thinking the Ravens will win this one

(short week for 9ers and going on the road)
Old 11-24-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
alright.. last NFL game of the day ...thinking the Ravens will win this one

(short week for 9ers and going on the road)
I'm hoping they lose
Old 11-24-2011   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Is there a link to watch the game?
Old 11-24-2011   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is there a link to watch the game?
Here you go....

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...re-ravens.html
Old 11-24-2011   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
MSR. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2011   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

I am too OBI . I hope the ravens lose, can only help the Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read