Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #141
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: QB's working out for Texans this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Our best hope is that TJ Yates transforms from 3rd stringer to Lightning In A Bottle somehow. These are times that define a QB's career moving forward from such an event as what happened in Florida with both our QBs.
Jacksonville has a good defense.

Atlanta has the #2 run defense.

Cincinnati has the #3 run defense.

Carolina puts points on the board.

We'll probably still beat Indy & Tennessee @Home.

I think we'll still limp into the play-offs, but then... nothing.
Old 11-27-2011   #142
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think we were going anywhere with Leinart anyways.

Our best hope is that TJ Yates transforms from 3rd stringer to Lightning In A Bottle somehow. These are times that define a QB's career moving forward from such an event as what happened in Florida with both our QBs.

If TJ Yates can't take advantage of this situation and get it done in 2011, then he has wasted a huge chance at being among the NFL's best "Unheralded QBs" who came in and started owning the environment.

My worry is that we're down to only a handful of full practices (in pads, right?) that the new CBA says you can have. He needs to feel pressure, get bumped by our defense in practice, etc.

He needs the QB Simulator Machine every day this whole week...and hope that Kubiak turns him loose a little more next week.

Now, it's even worse. The new CBA deal limits teams to 14 padded practices during the regular season one per week through Week 12, with just three more over the last five weeks...............this will be terrible for someone like Yates or even with a vet.......especially a vet not familiar with the system/terminology.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #143
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Now, it's even worse. The new CBA deal limits teams to 14 padded practices during the regular season — one per week through Week 12, with just three more over the last five weeks...............this will be terrible for someone like Yates or even with a vet.......especially a vet not familiar with the system/terminology.
kinda bites us in the ass

can't the Texans contact Wrangler and do a commercial with them?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #144
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon guys, you know it's time.....

or (not sure which I'm doing here)
Old 11-27-2011   #145
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think we were going anywhere with Leinart anyways.

If TJ Yates can't take advantage of this situation and get it done in 2011, then he has wasted a huge chance at being among the NFL's best "Unheralded QBs" who came in and started owning the environment.

My worry is that we're down to only a handful of full practices (in pads, right?) that the new CBA says you can have. He needs to feel pressure, get bumped by our defense in practice, etc.
He needs the QB Simulator Machine every day this whole week...and hope that Kubiak turns him loose a little more next week.
Kubiak will need to tweak offensive sets. This should challenge him
& we will witness how good of OC he is. TJ just needs more pocket time to make his progressions. Yates has the accuracy, the mindset. He threw to the likes of Nicks, Tate & Little @ North Carolina. Expect to see more emphasis with Texans passing attack. Benefit Andre, Jacoby,
Walter, Daniels & Dreessen.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #146
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Rackers might get offended unless we have Rackers a jersey with

but I am leaning toward this.. I am not sold on KC either
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #147
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Now, it's even worse. The new CBA deal limits teams to 14 padded practices during the regular season one per week through Week 12, with just three more over the last five weeks...............this will be terrible for someone like Yates or even with a vet.......especially a vet not familiar with the system/terminology.
We fans can thank Jeff Saturday for this.

He's the one who pushed for the new practice rules during the CBA negs.

It's just another way that the NFL's being ruined. The new rules are contributing to the large increase in injuries. IMHO Although you can speak on this topic much more eloquently than I can.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Jeff Garcia and Trent Edwards are working out for texans with Kellen Clemens and Brody Croyle.

https://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NF...79297400516609
I'm sure this is the pool we'll be pulling from.
Old 11-27-2011   #149
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

List of other Free Agent OBs....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #150
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe ...
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #151
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

or (not sure which I'm doing here)
I'd do it honestly. If Leinart was still healthy I wouldn't' even think about it...but now I'd do it.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #152
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/n...ilable-offense

Quarterback
David Garrard (back surgery)
Jake Delhomme
Trent Edwards
Jeff Garcia
Patrick Ramsey
J.T. O'Sullivan
Jim Sorgi
Brodie Croyle
Todd Collins
Chris Simms
Brett Ratliff
Charlie Frye
Troy Smith
Hunter Cantwell
Todd Bouman
Keith Null
Brian St. Pierre
Brian Brohm
Rhett Bomar
D.J. Shockley
Tom Brandstater

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #153
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't honestly see how bring Favre in would be a bad thing at this point. We're relying on a player in Yates (who I personally didn't think was very good at North Carolina). How much worse could he honestly be than what we have?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #154
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week I doubt I could have been more opposed to bringing in Favre. Today I think we have to try. Give him a week (give or take) to learn with Yates getting the Atlanta start and see what he can do afterwards. I mean, did we have a first down in the 2nd half? Now that both of our top two QBs are down I don't see how it can create any controversy.
Old 11-27-2011   #155
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12625 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Last week I doubt I could have been more opposed to bringing in Favre. Today I think we have to try. Give him a week (give or take) to learn with Yates getting the Atlanta start and see what he can do afterwards. I mean, did we have a first down in the 2nd half? Now that both of our top two QBs are down I don't see how it can create any controversy.
At least they could promise Favre there's no training camp involved...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #156
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at that FA list of qbs and panic sets in. How some of you say no to Brett is beyond me.

We are one hit away from Owen Daniels & James Casey at QB. Maybe Casey can pull his best Tebow impersonation?

I'm trying to keep my cool and think about this, but I just can't imagine what we're going to do right now. Can someone please talk me off the ledge?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #157
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kurt Warner

Brett Favre

Jeff Garcia

Jake Delhomme

Chris Simms

Heck, call Troy Aikmann. Do something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #158
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Face it everyone this team is now one and done in the playoffs for sure. These two losses are much bigger than losing Manning, Williams, Johnson, and you name it. The QB is the most important player on any team.
Old 11-27-2011   #159
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm leaning towards Jeff Garcia.
I seriously see this happening.

Let's face it---Favre isn't a Bob McNair guy what with the peckertext and all.

It's Garcia.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #160
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I seriously see this happening.

Let's face it---Favre isn't a Bob McNair guy what with the peckertext and all.

It's Garcia.
(Sigh)

You're right. I bet a prior history of sexting is not exactly the best way to become an employee of Robert McNair.

Can't we just get him a freaking Go Phone from Wal-Mart and write into his contract that he can only use the Go Phone from now on?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read