Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2011   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning back?

Save Manning for the Falcon game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Save Manning for the Falcon game.
Agreed, but just the fact that he's basically ready to go, is awesome!!!
Old 11-21-2011   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes it is.

It's about time the Texans got some good news on the injury front.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #44
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news even if he doesn't play. He will need at least a week to catch up.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #45
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome. I just hope we get thru the last 6 games with NO injuries!!!!!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #46
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yes it is.

It's about time the Texans got some good news on the injury front.
Yup. I'm still waiting to hear some good news about Andre myself. I am betting he does not play on Sunday either.
Old 11-21-2011   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Yup. I'm still waiting to hear some good news about Andre myself. I am betting he does not play on Sunday either.
He practiced today and did all the reps with the team.

Also, the thing that made me think he had a compound was it looked like he had a hole in the sleeve on his leg right below the knee, and I thought I saw a smidge of something white poking out from under it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2011   #48
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
He practiced today and did all the reps with the team.

Also, the thing that made me think he had a compound was it looked like he had a hole in the sleeve on his leg right below the knee, and I thought I saw a smidge of something white poking out from under it.
I'm aware. I'm also aware the Andre has said he's ready to play. Unfortunately, that's not who I am waiting to hear from. I'm waiting for the official report.

Another thing, it's my understanding that Andre has been practicing for some time now.
Old 11-21-2011   #49
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We cut someone already to make room for Demps..... Shilo?

Manning never came off the 53, we knew he would be back.
Dominique Barber was put on IR, that made room for Demps.

Demps will become special teams and rotation safety.
Old 11-21-2011   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm aware. I'm also aware the Andre has said he's ready to play. Unfortunately, that's not who I am waiting to hear from. I'm waiting for the official report.

Another thing, it's my understanding that Andre has been practicing for some time now.
"Felt good" and practiced on Monday Oct 31, but became too sore by the following Wednesday to practice again.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #51
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So I take it this means Nolan goes back to the bench. My only question is... does Nolan deserve to go back on the bench? We have become the #1 defense since Manning went down. I'm not saying Manning sucks or remotely anything like that... just that... what has Manning done to outclass Nolan at this point in time?
Manning played against a few real offenses.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #52
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Manning played against a few real offenses.
Real offenses like the Colts?
Old 11-22-2011   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you seen Nolan do anything extraordinary?
Have you seen kj or glover Quinn do anything extraordinary?

They've been solid. Done what they needed to. Haven't been giving up big plays.

Manning should start, but Nolan has been plus in his absence.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #54
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak addressed Dre yesterday...Tweeted by Nick Scurfield yesterday:

" WR Andre Johnson practiced today and should be all systems go this weekend, per Kubiak"

Take from it what you will...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Have you seen kj or glover Quinn do anything extraordinary?

They've been solid. Done what they needed to. Haven't been giving up big plays.

Manning should start, but Nolan has been plus in his absence.
I'd have to agree with you on your assesment & reasoning for wanting Allen in the game.. by that account, Demps should see more playing time than Nolan.

Nolan has been "solid" but I wouldn't say a plus.

If I were king, Manning gets his job back, Demps sees more field time, Nolan has to work harder.
Old 11-22-2011   #56
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd have to agree with you on your assesment & reasoning for wanting Allen in the game.. by that account, Demps should see more playing time than Nolan.

Nolan has been "solid" but I wouldn't say a plus.

If I were king, Manning gets his job back, Demps sees more field time, Nolan has to work harder.
See if I have a lot of talent I would like to figure out a way to get them all involved some way.

Now I know it's tough to get four safeties involed in the game, but GQ also can play some corner. Plus a good rotation keeps guys more fresh. Keeps guys flying to the ball..builds competition...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #57
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Real offenses like the Colts?
Saints, Steelers, and Ravens were all better offenses than what Nolan has seen.

edit: In fact, the Browns, Buccanneers, and Jaguars are the worst three offenses we've seen all year, so Nolan has yet to start against an offense better than anything Manning has seen all year (except the Colts).

Last edited by noxiousdog; 11-22-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-22-2011   #58
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Saints, Steelers, and Ravens were all better offenses than what Nolan has seen.

edit: In fact, the Browns, Buccanneers, and Jaguars are the worst three offenses we've seen all year, so Nolan has yet to start against an offense better than anything Manning has seen all year (except the Colts).
And we lost 2 of those 3 that you listed. Also, giving up 40 points is a concern no matter how "good" their offense is. It's still 40 points and well-above their scoring average this season.

Listen... I'm not trying to claim Nolan is better than Manning. I'm just asking what he's done to warrant losing his job? For me, this is about upsetting the balance and chemistry of what we have going right now. He probably wouldn't be returning kicks on that gimpy leg so it's important to weight in the value of breaking a clock that is working flawlessly right now.
Old 11-22-2011   #59
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So I take it this means Nolan goes back to the bench. My only question is... does Nolan deserve to go back on the bench? We have become the #1 defense since Manning went down. I'm not saying Manning sucks or remotely anything like that... just that... what has Manning done to outclass Nolan at this point in time?
IMO, Manning could start on any defense in the league, and Nolan is good depth at this point. Manning is an upgrade over Nolan. Nolan has been serviceable though, and in no way do I want Manning rushed back before he's 100% healthy.

You make a good point point about chemistry, this team seems to keep playing well as a unit, it's cohesiveness I have never seen in Houston. I think we are okay either at this position against Jax. Their offense is unspectacular, I am more concerned about our offense keeping it going with the QB change against a good jaguar defense.
Old 11-22-2011   #60
noxiousdog
All Pro

Quote:
I'm just asking what he's done to warrant losing his job? For me, this is about upsetting the balance and chemistry of what we have going right now. He probably wouldn't be returning kicks on that gimpy leg so it's important to weight in the value of breaking a clock that is working flawlessly right now.
We have 4 wins with Manning, and 3 wins with Nolan, and Manning has more talent.

It's not like it will keep Nolan off the field. I'm sure they'll work Manning in slowly, and Nolan's on the field in nickle anyway.

There's plenty of time left to compare the two.

Last edited by noxiousdog; 11-22-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Clarity.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read