Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Danieal Manning back?

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Just read John Mclain tweet that said he returned to practice and could start on Sunday.

FS Danieal Manning, who underwent surgery for fractured fibula 4 wks ago, returned to practice and could start Sunday.
5 minutes ago Favorite
@McClain_on_NFL

Unless it makes him look pregnant during drug tests. That would be bad. :)

LOL. Good one...

I'm sure nobody takes Cushing up on his offers to help them out with nutritional supplements. Can you imagine the response? "Uh, no thanks Brian. I'm good with what I've already got." LOL.

I'm talking about Danieal as well. Wasn't this supposed to be an 8-10 week injury?

Actually they did say there could be a 4-6 week recovery if all went well. Glad to see his back at practice. Just made that defense even stronger now. We need all the pass defense we can get for this last stretch.

I'd use him in a sub package, if at all. The Jags aren't really an offensive juggernaut where we need our top personel at every position.

Their defense, otoh, is very good. Their D vs Leinart has me concerned.

It's been four weeks:

Texans safety Danieal Manning breaks his leg

manning-600x431.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Free safety Danieal Manning suffered what appears to be a fractured bone in his lower left leg that could sideline him for as long as eight to 10 weeks.

Manning was injured while making a leaping interception off Matt Hasselbeck in the Texans’ 41-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans.

“My gut feeling is that I’ll be back,” said Manning, who was on crutches. “There’s a crack in it. They tell me I have a few options.”

Manning will have an MRI on Monday. He said he was told in a best-case scenario he could return in four weeks, but it could be as long as eight to 10 weeks.

Link: Texans safety Danieal Manning breaks his leg

He might be back at practice but I highly doubt he plays on Sunday v. Jacksonville. Like others have said I'd much rather he sit out and get 100% healed up before trying to come back.

HOU-TEX, your not the only one concerned. Jacksonville had me concerned when Schaub was healthy, with Leinart I worried.

So I take it this means Nolan goes back to the bench. My only question is... does Nolan deserve to go back on the bench? We have become the #1 defense since Manning went down. I'm not saying Manning sucks or remotely anything like that... just that... what has Manning done to outclass Nolan at this point in time?

I don't like it! We should just IR him and roll as is, because we know how it's going this year: a star goes down and it's "next man up", a star comes back and it's "next man down"... See you next year, Danieal....

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

I think you bring him back like it was said before, split the reps, let him play in the dime, and quarter. Its good because Nolan has been playing well and so has Demps. We have good depth now and can keep guys fresh for the end of the season and the playoffs.

Bring him back slowly.

Don't want him to get re-injured and guys have played well in his absence.

I am cautious on this.. if 4 weeks was the minimum.. I'd give it another week.. lets see how this plays out against the Jags..(esp with them all losing last week)

Encouraging to hear about him practicing but I'm giving him at least another week. Jacksonville and Gabbert don't scare anyone, let alone a D that already held them back.

I give him one more week and ease him back in a rotation.

I am cautious on this.. if 4 weeks was the minimum.. I'd give it another week.. lets see how this plays out against the Jags..(esp with them all losing last week)

We don't have another week. This is it! Its crunch time right now. AFC south lost last weekend and we have an opportunity to eliminate the Jaguars from the AFC crown. This is when we separate ourselves from everybody else. We need everybody we can get out there considering we lost our most important player in Matt Schaub.

Throw a boot on him and throw him out there.

We don't have another week. This is it! Its crunch time right now. AFC south lost last weekend and we have an opportunity to eliminate the Jaguars from the AFC crown. This is when we separate ourselves from everybody else. We need everybody we can get out there considering we lost our most important player in Matt Schaub.

Throw a boot on him and throw him out there.

while I agree with this, I don't have the confidence in the Jags on their team to win the division
remaining schedule with 3 wins

Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers
@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans at Tennessee
Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Buffalo Bills at Buffalo
New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans at Houston

while I agree with this, I don't have the confidence in the Jags on their team to win the division
remaining schedule with 3 wins

Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers
@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans at Tennessee
Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Buffalo Bills at Buffalo
New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans at Houston

It's about sending a message. To be the win that eliminated the Jaguars from contention. If we win on Sunday, then lose out and they win out... they're still out at 8-8 because we win the tie-breaker. This is our "changing of the guard" game in the AFC south. We can click on cruise control ahead of the Titans after we eliminate the Jaguars.

your probably right Nitro.. I am just an overly cautious person when it comes to injuries... when they told me I could take my cast off after 6 weeks, I waited 7 .. but that is just me.. I like to be fully healed (and Manning might be)

but with knowing how the Texans work.. what they say (4 weeks with manning) I always think it would be 6..and I am sure they wouldn't put a player out there early..

we have been playing well also

MSR to ya

So I take it this means Nolan goes back to the bench. My only question is... does Nolan deserve to go back on the bench? We have become the #1 defense since Manning went down. I'm not saying Manning sucks or remotely anything like that... just that... what has Manning done to outclass Nolan at this point in time?

Have you seen Nolan do anything extraordinary?

Today is four weeks to the day since Manning's surgery for a broken fibula. Initial reports had him out 'at least four weeks' and one local doctor not affiliated with the Texans said on October 27 that four weeks was "incredibly optimistic" for Manning's return. We'll see how he's feeling at the end of the week.

Manning admitted that he's a bit ahead of schedule. “Yeah, I’m about two weeks, two and a half weeks ahead (of schedule),” said Manning.

As far as how he felt during practice Manning said "initially, I kind of babied it a little bit just to see when we were warming up. As practice continued to go on and warming up, I got to put a lot more pressure on it, way more than I did when I was training and getting rehab. I felt great, no pain after practice, nothing. Just like nothing ever happened.”

Again, this is a case where the Texans should be conservative and not rush a player back. You can build a much better case for bringing Manning back to face Matt Ryan next week as opposed to Blaine Gabbert this week.
Continue reading on Examiner.com Texans back at work, prepare for Jags - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/texans-back-at-work-prepare-for-jags#ixzz1eOSGHzue

I don't like it! We should just IR him and roll as is, because we know how it's going this year: a star goes down and it's "next man up", a star comes back and it's "next man down"... See you next year, Danieal....

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

& what do we do with Demps?

Man if this is true he's got some great genes. I seriously thought he's gone for the regular season and it's sort of a mini miracle if he does play this Sunday. Idk how severe the fracture was but I hope he is really checked out carefully by the staff and it's not just him wanting to just get out there and play.

I think shilo is gone because may need another position of depth

With the uncertainty about Schaub, maybe he can be back in 6-8 weeks, they'll probably cut someone to add a QB.

But if they find out Schaub won't possibly be back, they'll IR Schaub.

Yup. I'm still waiting to hear some good news about Andre myself. I am betting he does not play on Sunday either.

He practiced today and did all the reps with the team.

Also, the thing that made me think he had a compound was it looked like he had a hole in the sleeve on his leg right below the knee, and I thought I saw a smidge of something white poking out from under it.

He practiced today and did all the reps with the team.

Also, the thing that made me think he had a compound was it looked like he had a hole in the sleeve on his leg right below the knee, and I thought I saw a smidge of something white poking out from under it.

I'm aware. I'm also aware the Andre has said he's ready to play. Unfortunately, that's not who I am waiting to hear from. I'm waiting for the official report.

Another thing, it's my understanding that Andre has been practicing for some time now.

I'm aware. I'm also aware the Andre has said he's ready to play. Unfortunately, that's not who I am waiting to hear from. I'm waiting for the official report.

Another thing, it's my understanding that Andre has been practicing for some time now.

"Felt good" and practiced on Monday Oct 31, but became too sore by the following Wednesday to practice again.

Back