Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2011   #21
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
If he is ready to go....why not.
Exactly! Ready is ready is ready... If not, keep him in street clothes another week.. pretty simple...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning back?

Bring him back slowly.

Don't want him to get re-injured and guys have played well in his absence.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #23
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get him out there.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #24
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if a cut will be made with him coming back and who it will be
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am cautious on this.. if 4 weeks was the minimum.. I'd give it another week.. lets see how this plays out against the Jags..(esp with them all losing last week)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Encouraging to hear about him practicing but I'm giving him at least another week. Jacksonville and Gabbert don't scare anyone, let alone a D that already held them back.

I give him one more week and ease him back in a rotation.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I am cautious on this.. if 4 weeks was the minimum.. I'd give it another week.. lets see how this plays out against the Jags..(esp with them all losing last week)
We don't have another week. This is it! Its crunch time right now. AFC south lost last weekend and we have an opportunity to eliminate the Jaguars from the AFC crown. This is when we separate ourselves from everybody else. We need everybody we can get out there considering we lost our most important player in Matt Schaub.

Throw a boot on him and throw him out there.
Old 11-21-2011   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
We don't have another week. This is it! Its crunch time right now. AFC south lost last weekend and we have an opportunity to eliminate the Jaguars from the AFC crown. This is when we separate ourselves from everybody else. We need everybody we can get out there considering we lost our most important player in Matt Schaub.

Throw a boot on him and throw him out there.
while I agree with this, I don't have the confidence in the Jags on their team to win the division
remaining schedule with 3 wins

Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers
@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans at Tennessee
Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Buffalo Bills at Buffalo
New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans at Houston
Old 11-21-2011   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
while I agree with this, I don't have the confidence in the Jags on their team to win the division
remaining schedule with 3 wins

Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers
@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans at Tennessee
Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Buffalo Bills at Buffalo
New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans at Houston
It's about sending a message. To be the win that eliminated the Jaguars from contention. If we win on Sunday, then lose out and they win out... they're still out at 8-8 because we win the tie-breaker. This is our "changing of the guard" game in the AFC south. We can click on cruise control ahead of the Titans after we eliminate the Jaguars.
Old 11-21-2011   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

your probably right Nitro.. I am just an overly cautious person when it comes to injuries... when they told me I could take my cast off after 6 weeks, I waited 7 .. but that is just me.. I like to be fully healed (and Manning might be)

but with knowing how the Texans work.. what they say (4 weeks with manning) I always think it would be 6..and I am sure they wouldn't put a player out there early..

we have been playing well also

MSR to ya
Old 11-21-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
So I take it this means Nolan goes back to the bench. My only question is... does Nolan deserve to go back on the bench? We have become the #1 defense since Manning went down. I'm not saying Manning sucks or remotely anything like that... just that... what has Manning done to outclass Nolan at this point in time?
Have you seen Nolan do anything extraordinary?
Old 11-21-2011   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Today is four weeks to the day since Manning's surgery for a broken fibula. Initial reports had him out 'at least four weeks' and one local doctor not affiliated with the Texans said on October 27 that four weeks was "incredibly optimistic" for Manning's return. We'll see how he's feeling at the end of the week.

Manning admitted that he's a bit ahead of schedule. “Yeah, I’m about two weeks, two and a half weeks ahead (of schedule),” said Manning.

As far as how he felt during practice Manning said "initially, I kind of babied it a little bit just to see when we were warming up. As practice continued to go on and warming up, I got to put a lot more pressure on it, way more than I did when I was training and getting rehab. I felt great, no pain after practice, nothing. Just like nothing ever happened.”

Again, this is a case where the Texans should be conservative and not rush a player back. You can build a much better case for bringing Manning back to face Matt Ryan next week as opposed to Blaine Gabbert this week.
Continue reading on Examiner.com Texans back at work, prepare for Jags - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...#ixzz1eOSGHzue
Old 11-21-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I don't like it! We should just IR him and roll as is, because we know how it's going this year: a star goes down and it's "next man up", a star comes back and it's "next man down"... See you next year, Danieal....

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg
& what do we do with Demps?
Old 11-21-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I wonder if a cut will be made with him coming back and who it will be

We cut someone already to make room for Demps..... Shilo?

Manning never came off the 53, we knew he would be back.
Old 11-21-2011   #35
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Man if this is true he's got some great genes. I seriously thought he's gone for the regular season and it's sort of a mini miracle if he does play this Sunday. Idk how severe the fracture was but I hope he is really checked out carefully by the staff and it's not just him wanting to just get out there and play.
Old 11-21-2011   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That picture makes it look like he had a compound fracture. Yeeesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I'm looking pretty hard at it and can't find whatever you must be seeing.
Yup JC!!

Bong, what you're seeing is just the "sleeve" they rolled up on his leg. No worries!! As a guy that has experienced a compund fracture of the shin, rest assured it looks a lot different.
Old 11-21-2011   #37
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We cut someone already to make room for Demps..... Shilo?

Manning never came off the 53, we knew he would be back.
I think shilo is gone because may need another position of depth
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I think shilo is gone because may need another position of depth
With the uncertainty about Schaub, maybe he can be back in 6-8 weeks, they'll probably cut someone to add a QB.

But if they find out Schaub won't possibly be back, they'll IR Schaub.
Old 11-21-2011   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
With the uncertainty about Schaub, maybe he can be back in 6-8 weeks, they'll probably cut someone to add a QB.

But if they find out Schaub won't possibly be back, they'll IR Schaub.
TK, Schaub will not be back.
Old 11-21-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
TK, Schaub will not be back.
I know that.

You know that.

The Texans haven't come to that conclusion yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read