Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2011   #1
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Accuscore Predicts Texans as Superbowl Champions

All you have to do is set the seeds and it simulates the games using accuscore technology.

Here's the link if you wanna give it a shot:
http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/nfl/nfl.html
Old 11-21-2011   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accuscore Predicts Texans as Superbowl Champions

Sweet, should I go ahead and order the T-shirt already ?
Old 11-21-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post

All you have to do is set the seeds and it simulates the games using accuscore technology.

Here's the link if you wanna give it a shot:
http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/nfl/nfl.html
I wonder if the computer sim knows that Schaub is out for the season...?
Old 11-21-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

They gave the Raiders the upset victory in mine.

I have the Texans beating the Titans in our first play-off game, then losing to New England.

The Raiders upset Cincy (wouldn't that be funny?) to advance, they upset the Ravens, then lose to the Pats in the AFC Championship game, which means the Bengals get two number 1 picks.

But the Raiders lose to the Packers.

In the NFC, of course, the Packers win the North & have the #1 seed.
Atlanta wins the South & the #2 seed. San Fran wins the West & the #3 seed. Dallas takes the #4 seed by winning the East.

The Saints lose to the Cowboys in one wildcard, Chicago loses to the 9ers in the other.

Just like old times, the 9ers upset the Falcons in divisional round, The Packers spank the Cowboys.
Old 11-21-2011   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know 'bout the Texans but here's a prediction - the Packers won't repeat.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine had Texans over Cowboys.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Mine had Texans over Cowboys.
This would be the greatest thing ever! That will shut up the cowboy fans forever!

I never really take these accuscore things seriously though.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2011   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This would be the greatest thing ever! That will shut up the cowboy fans forever!

Accuscore is right more often than not when coming to their weekly predictions. But I wouldn't trust anybody's judgement on something as far away as the Super Bowl. In this league, anything can happen and quite often does.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Accuscore is right more often than not when coming to their weekly predictions. But I wouldn't trust anybody's judgement on something as far away as the Super Bowl. In this league, anything can happen and quite often does.
Yes their weekly coverage is good. Not the playoff predictor
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #10
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

i got the jets beating us in the conference championship ..... funny because that is exactly what i predicted would happen prior to the season.
Old 11-21-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Ran the simulation 8 times, with the Texans in the #2 seed. The results?

Texans never even get to the Super Bowl. They advance to the conference finals twice.

In the 8 simulations, the AFC wins the Super Bowl every time. The Pats, Steelers, and Ravens win multiple times. The Bengals win once.

The Bengals beat the Ravens, Texans, Pats, then Packers to win.

The Lions never advance from the Wild Card.

Computers are weird.
Old 11-21-2011   #12
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

That would require the Cowboys actually winning a playoff game though.

XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That would be interesting.

I want the Texans to win.. but if we can't, I think that would be the next best scenario.
Old 11-21-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, now can I trade somebody?
Old 11-21-2011   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got what I expected when giving us the #2 seed:

We beat Cinci in divisional round, lose to Baltimore in AFC Championship.

Green Bay repeats.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Ran the simulation 8 times, with the Texans in the #2 seed. The results?

Texans never even get to the Super Bowl. They advance to the conference finals twice.

In the 8 simulations, the AFC wins the Super Bowl every time. The Pats, Steelers, and Ravens win multiple times. The Bengals win once.

The Lions never advance from the Wild Card.

Computers are weird.
My computer must be more of a Texans fan than yours...

Ten sims produced two Houston SB appearances; beat the Niners, lost to the damned Saints.
Got to the AFC championship game six times.

Cowboys only got out of the wild card round one time - then they lost to the Bears. Everytime they showed the greater percentage, the computer flashed UPSET.
...the WSJ is published in NYC right?
The programmers must be Giants fans.
Old 11-21-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I'm selling my computer... haven't won the SB as a #2 seed in 15 tries.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Accuscore not too accu-rate.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #19
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

my sim superbowls
1 SF vs HOU winner SF
2 SF vs OAK winner SF
3 SF vs BAL winner BAL
4 SF vs BAL winner BAL
5 SF vs CIN winner CIN
6 GB vs NE winner NE
7 GB vs OAK winner GB
8 DAL vs HOU winner DAL
9 SF vs NE winner SF
10 SF vs HOU winner SF
11 NO vs NE winner NE
12 NO vs NE winner NE
13 DAL vs HOU winner HOU
14 GB vs BAL winner GB
15 SF vs BAL winner BAL
16 GB vs BAL winner GB
17 GB vs BAL winner GB
18 NO vs PIT winner NO
19 DAL vs BAL winner DAL
20 SF vs OAK winner OAK

Only thing I learned is this sim loves the NFC and SF
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
my sim superbowls
1 SF vs HOU winner SF
2 SF vs OAK winner SF
3 SF vs BAL winner BAL
4 SF vs BAL winner BAL
5 SF vs CIN winner CIN
6 GB vs NE winner NE
7 GB vs OAK winner GB
8 DAL vs HOU winner DAL
9 SF vs NE winner SF
10 SF vs HOU winner SF
11 NO vs NE winner NE
12 NO vs NE winner NE
13 DAL vs HOU winner HOU
14 GB vs BAL winner GB
15 SF vs BAL winner BAL
16 GB vs BAL winner GB
17 GB vs BAL winner GB
18 NO vs PIT winner NO
19 DAL vs BAL winner DAL
20 SF vs OAK winner OAK

Only thing I learned is this sim loves the NFC and SF
Well at least they got that one right.

Lucky #13....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read