Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2011   #61
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hasselbeck says AFC South is “up for grabs”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
While we are resting this week, both Titans and Jags lost. Nice bye week for the Texans.

Go Texans!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Yep, while sitting on the top, other foes self destruct.

Go Texans!!!
If only the Bengals had come thru for us...
oh well, some things we have to do ourselves.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #62
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

and it looks like hasselback has more butter on his fingers than the keebler elves!!! Go Texans way to have a good bye week fir once!!!
Old 11-20-2011   #63
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Evan Silva
Mike Munchak said Hasselbeck "no doubt" remains starter when healthy. Interested to see how healthy #Titans medical staff deems him to be.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #64
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's laughin now. Who's laughin now.
Old 11-21-2011   #65
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe GoTitans.com hasn't kicked me off their site. My name (on that board) alone is insulting and I gave them an earful last week when some were talking $^!+ after Schaub went down. Anyway, I'm still there.

41-7 is gonna be like the 19-10 thing for a while.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #66
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Karma is a ***** for all the Titans fans celebrating Schaub's injury.
Relax.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #67
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If only the Bengals had come thru for us...
oh well, some things we have to do ourselves.
And the Texans failed in that regard.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2011   #68
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
10-0 now. Tennessee had a great goal line stance to prevent the Falcons from punching it in. Hopefully the Titans go 3 and out on the next series.
Wow! Their stance alone kept them from scoring? That's a powerful defense!

Heh, heh, just playin bro.
Old 11-21-2011   #69
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Who's laughin now. Who's laughin now.
Not me. Locker is better than Hasselbeck.
Old 11-21-2011   #70
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Not me. Locker is better than Hasselbeck.
Might be but I doubt he propels the titanic to a playoff berth
Old 11-21-2011   #71
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
5-5 with 4 losses in the conference = where are we drafting?

Old 11-21-2011   #72
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, but he does pickup experience for next season. The Titans should be playing Locker at this point, regardless of Hasselbeck's health.
Old 11-21-2011   #73
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
And the Texans failed in that regard.
Hence "some things we have to do ourselves"...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #74
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Falcons werent preparing for Locker - give teams a chance to get film on him. Big difference.

That said, you can see the team playing hard for him, clearly he's a hard worker at practice - seemed like he was getting better protection, plus he's mobile and was able to buy himself some time.

What did surprise me was his accuracy - the biggest knock on him has always been this...

Old 11-21-2011   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
No, but he does pickup experience for next season. The Titans should be playing Locker at this point, regardless of Hasselbeck's health.
That's what I was thinking. If they had won last night & they think Hasselbeck gives them the best chance of winning.... Matt continues as the starter.

Going two and a half games down in the division... unless they still think they can win 10 games, Locker should start.

I can see them not making the move until next week though. See how our game turns out with Jacksonville & see if they can pull out a win vs Tampa @home. They are still #8 in the play-off hunt & things are not going the way anyone thought they would this season.
Old 11-21-2011   #76
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's what I was thinking. If they had won last night & they think Hasselbeck gives them the best chance of winning.... Matt continues as the starter.

Going two and a half games down in the division... unless they still think they can win 10 games, Locker should start.

I can see them not making the move until next week though. See how our game turns out with Jacksonville & see if they can pull out a win vs Tampa @home. They are still #8 in the play-off hunt & things are not going the way anyone thought they would this season.
This is a weird year for the AFC - after years of dominating 'obvious' picks to win the conference, this year every team is flawed with bad losses on their ledger.

The NFC;s elite (GB, SF) have really separated themselves in that conference, and the Bears, who were coming on, have suffered a monster blow with Cutler's injury.

Old 11-21-2011   #77
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post

And we lost to the Ravens, hence "the Texans failed in that regard."
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #78
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
This is a weird year for the AFC - after years of dominating 'obvious' picks to win the conference, this year every team is flawed with bad losses on their ledger.

The NFC;s elite (GB, SF) have really separated themselves in that conference, and the Bears, who were coming on, have suffered a monster blow with Cutler's injury.
I don't think Pittsburgh has a bad loss yet. On the road vs. Houston and twice against Baltimore. New England's worse loss was on the road against Buffalo. They also lost against the Giants and @Pittsburgh. Not really a bad loss there imo. Houston is pretty much in the same boat as those two. Two of Houston's losses were on the road against playoff caliber teams (Baltimore & New Orleans) and a close loss at home against a team leading their division (Raiders). I wouldn't say any of these teams have had 'bad losses' yet but they're all definitely beatable.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #79
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

And we lost to the Ravens, hence "the Texans failed in that regard."
Lol...point being, "the Texans failed in that regard" was rhetorical...

Edit: i'm a dumbass, i meant "redundant"... Head is not on straight today...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #80
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

This Sunday the Texans start to nail down the South with a win in Jax!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read