Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2011   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hasselbeck says AFC South is “up for grabs”

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
He should be totally focused on the Falcons right now. If Tennessee loses this week the division won't be up for grabs. Houston has an easier remaining schedule and has a huge advantage in the tiebreaker (3-0 to 1-2). Falling two games back might as well be three back with Houston holding the tiebreakers.
I agree, the game in ATL this weekend is huge for the Titans. If they happen to win then they are just a game behind the Texans and the pressure and all the uncertainty then shift squarely onto Leinart and his ability to be successful in his first game at Jacksonville. Now if the Titans lose this weekend, it's really a long-shot for them to win the division title, but right now things are looking up for Tenneesse as I'm hearing that stud ATL rookie WR Julio Jones isn't playing Sunday ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #22
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez im terrible at posting images for some reason.

Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Until we clench the division, it's up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.

I've got no problem with him saying this.

As badly as we destroyed them, if we drop a few games with Leinart and the Titans figure out a way to win some games they should lose, they can win the division.

We have to do that "stepping on the throat" except for the season instead of just for a game. Let's just win out and take this thing and get a week to rest.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #24
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Hasselbeck needs to take care of business against the Falcons before he goes mouthing off on the AFC South.
But didn't you already say the Texans are "finished"? So it sounds like he can say whatever because he'll have an easy trip to the postseason.
Old 11-19-2011   #25
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
But didn't you already say the Texans are "finished"? So it sounds like he can say whatever because he'll have an easy trip to the postseason.
Exactly. Don't come in this thread talking reckless when you were saying 1-5 and "we're done". Lost those privileges.
Old 11-19-2011   #26
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Matt Hasselbeck, you know what else is up for grabs?

Old 11-19-2011   #27
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x
Default Re: Hasselbeck says AFC South is �up for grabs�

I'm a Falcons fan for this weekend only! Beat the Titans!
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2011   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i can see them losing all 4 games going 5-8

I think ATL tampa Bills Saints are all better then the titans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i can see them losing all 4 games going 5-8

I think ATL tampa Bills Saints are all better then the titans
Could be. I'd have to laugh.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #30
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Funny how he says this once Schaub goes down. I hope Leinart comes in and lights the NFL up the rest of the season. And when the titans come to our house, we have already clinched the South and a first round bye, and then lets see him run his mouth.
I like it.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #31
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I love it. Using the "We're not eliminated until we're mathematically eliminated" approach. Good. Good one, we're all too familiar with that one. Let them play with slim chances for a while. We'll take our division lead, 7-3 record.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I love it. Using the "We're not eliminated until we're mathematically eliminated" approach. Good. Good one, we're all too familiar with that one. Let them play with slim chances for a while. We'll take our division lead, 7-3 record.
If the Patriots or Ravens were to say the #1 seed was still up for grabs, would we react with the same short-sightedness that we've reacted to Hasselbeck's comments?

I could see if this was Gabbert or Painter saying this, but Hasselbeck is right. It's totally possible that we lose 3 games, heck, several of our own members believe that will be the case.

We're not so far ahead that we can start "resting our starters."

Kubiak knows this, the Texans know this, I don't think it's a big deal that Matt Hasselbeck vocalized as much. IF there are any Texans who forgot this fact, I hope that this reminds them.
Old 11-19-2011   #33
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the odds based on wins to date, tiebreakers and future projected strength of schedule, even if the Texans regress to a league average team with Leinart, they have a probability of over 85% to win the AFC South.
Playoff Probabilities: Week 11

It's not over until it is over and all that but I hope the Texans stomp the Titans again at home.
Old 11-19-2011   #34
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Exactly. Don't come in this thread talking reckless when you were saying 1-5 and "we're done". Lost those privileges.
I never quoted a w/l prediction. We ARE finished ... even if we make the playoffs. I WILL come in here and state that Hasselbeck needs to worry about the Falcons or HE will be finished and the Texans won't factor into anything. This is a classic case of premature self-ejaculation on Hasselbeck`s part.
Old 11-20-2011   #35
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I never quoted a w/l prediction. We ARE finished ... even if we make the playoffs. I WILL come in here and state that Hasselbeck needs to worry about the Falcons or HE will be finished and the Texans won't factor into anything. This is a classic case of premature self-ejaculation on Hasselbeck`s part.
Well, at least this way he gets to.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #36
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Hasselbeck says AFC South is “up for grabs”

Does it surprise me he would say that....no. He is trying to be optisimistic about their chances.
That being said, that makes for good bullentin board material for the Texans.
I am sure that when the Titans come to town....there will be some heated exchanges....just like in Jax next week......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how that would make good bulletin board material. That's the same thing that should have been on the board for weeks.

Same thing with the conference. We're half a game ahead of the Ravens, but the #1 seed is up for grabs. We've still got a lot of work to do. We've still got to stay on our game. If we slip, we let the Ravens in. We let the Titans in.

The AFC is up for Grabs, the AFCSouth is up for grabs.

Believe that!!
Old 11-20-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I don't know how that would make good bulletin board material. That's the same thing that should have been on the board for weeks.

Same thing with the conference. We're half a game ahead of the Ravens, but the #1 seed is up for grabs. We've still got a lot of work to do. We've still got to stay on our game. If we slip, we let the Ravens in. We let the Titans in.

Believe that!!
Old 11-20-2011   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Believe that!!
I understand your point. The only thing that has been truly and unquestionably settled is that Indy has been mathematically eliminated. Strange things can happen. No one can really say what WILL happen.

BUT...

As long as our guys keep to the "We try to go One and Oh every week" mantra (and the injury demon decides to go pick on someone else) I think things will work out in our favor.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #40
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

We shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. It's not over until it's over, especially when there is a Houston sports team involved. Never underestimate God's unwavering hatred of this city. That being said, our work is cut out for us and we are capable of doing what needs to be done.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read