Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2011   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eric Winston Talks Whether the Texans are Cursed

LINK
Pretty good interview with Winston. I REALLY like that he says the team doesn't like all the negativity concerning Leinart and that the team is anxious to go out and prove the naysayers wrong. Of course, there's no way he's gonna say anything else, but the tone of his voice was pretty convincing.
Old 11-18-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston Talks Whether the Texans are Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
LINK
Pretty good interview with Winston. I REALLY like that he says the team doesn't like all the negativity concerning Leinart and that the team is anxious to go out and prove the naysayers wrong. Of course, there's no way he's gonna say anything else, but the tone of his voice was pretty convincing.
Like how he loves Wingstop?
Old 11-18-2011   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Like how he loves Wingstop?
You gotta problem with wings????? LOL
Old 11-18-2011   #4
kingh99

Quote:
LINK
In a way, it was a deal with the devil that landed Houston it's new pro football team. Mr. McNair didn't do anything wrong, but the city benefitted by eating it's own in a manner of speaking. I guess it's a Karankawa thing.

The money used to buy the franchise was money earned with some incredibly lucky timing. I admire Mr. McNair and how he came to Houston with $700 and turned it into an empire. That's a great success story. Its' just the money is connected to the Enron bust out. 1.3 billion to be precise. He traded his stock in Cogen for Enron stock which he promptly sold. He got in and got out just in time. It was at the height of the great bull market of the late 90's, 1999 to be precise. That year was the top of the top of the great bull market. There were a lot of broken lives as a result of the Enron collapse. It's a good enough reason to have a curse I suppose.

ps: I am in no way pointing a crooked finger at anyone. He and a lot of other smart investors got out of the way of the train wreck of 2000-01. A lot of companies with ridiculous stock prices went belly up. Exodus, Worldcom and a bunch of others went to zero or near it. George Bush Sr. made a boat load off Global Crossing. It busted out later on. Smart guys sold that pumped up paper. But Enron was so unfortunate that nobody wants to be near that train wreck.

Last edited by kingh99; 11-18-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2011   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about luck, 10 years later los angeles still can get their crap in gear
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #6
kingh99

It could be a curse or a blessing I suppose. He got out and the company and it's stock crashed only months later. He/we the city of Houston as it turned out, got out. We parlayed Enron hot air into a pro football team. That's got a lot more curse potential than blessing, I'm afeared.
Old 11-18-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about luck, 10 years later los angeles still can get their crap in gear
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2011   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You gotta problem with wings????? LOL
I gotta problem with him lol
Old 11-19-2011   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we're "cursed" ..... c'mon, man.

We are what our record says we are.
Old 11-22-2011   #10
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
In a way, it was a deal with the devil that landed Houston it's new pro football team. Mr. McNair didn't do anything wrong, but the city benefitted by eating it's own in a manner of speaking. I guess it's a Karankawa thing.

The money used to buy the franchise was money earned with some incredibly lucky timing. I admire Mr. McNair and how he came to Houston with $700 and turned it into an empire. That's a great success story. Its' just the money is connected to the Enron bust out. 1.3 billion to be precise. He traded his stock in Cogen for Enron stock which he promptly sold. He got in and got out just in time. It was at the height of the great bull market of the late 90's, 1999 to be precise. That year was the top of the top of the great bull market. There were a lot of broken lives as a result of the Enron collapse. It's a good enough reason to have a curse I suppose.

ps: I am in no way pointing a crooked finger at anyone. He and a lot of other smart investors got out of the way of the train wreck of 2000-01. A lot of companies with ridiculous stock prices went belly up. Exodus, Worldcom and a bunch of others went to zero or near it. George Bush Sr. made a boat load off Global Crossing. It busted out later on. Smart guys sold that pumped up paper. But Enron was so unfortunate that nobody wants to be near that train wreck.
okay.... what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Are u saying that we are cursed because he made money off of Enron?
Old 11-23-2011   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

There is NO curse. Next topic.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, we are blessed because he made money on Enron.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #13
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if he has a different opinion this week...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

lol.....I brought this subject up, tongue in cheek mind you, a couple weeks ago and everyone instantly starting throwing fecal matter like Ebola infested monkeys lol.....good luck with this topic.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry. At least the refs won't turn on us 'till the Conference Championship.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Having lubrucated my synapsis with a little single malt scotch, I think I have an answer. We aren't cursed at all. The football gods are just making sure we have no asterisk by our name when we win the Super Bowl. If we didn't have the adversity of losing some players during the season, everyone would just say we won the AFC South and Super Bowl because P. Manning missed the season. Obviously, it takes a buttload of our players to equal one P. Manning. I would say we're square with the football gods now and can go about our business of winning the Super Bowl with no worries.
Old 11-27-2011   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The football gods just facepalmed when Kubiak put in Leinart instead of Yates. They had to get Yates in the game. It's destiny to have Yates as our QB. Srs.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The football gods just facepalmed when Kubiak put in Leinart instead of Yates. They had to get Yates in the game. It's destiny to have Yates as our QB. Srs.
ROFL!!! That Jack Black Pick of Destiny popped into my head when I read this!! It popped into my head and hit my funny bone. Is that good or bad?
Old 11-27-2011   #19
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
There is NO curse. Next topic.
not unless you are on the cover of Madden. Go ask Hillis how his season is going....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #20
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11234 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Having lubrucated my synapsis with a little single malt scotch, I think I have an answer. We aren't cursed at all. The football gods are just making sure we have no asterisk by our name when we win the Super Bowl. If we didn't have the adversity of losing some players during the season, everyone would just say we won the AFC South and Super Bowl because P. Manning missed the season. Obviously, it takes a buttload of our players to equal one P. Manning. I would say we're square with the football gods now and can go about our business of winning the Super Bowl with no worries.
What he said.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read