Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2011   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unconfirmed source says Texans are signing Garrard

I've read Cland's posts for nearly ten years now...dude has a ton of credibility so I tend to believe that he's on to something when he is passing on a rumor. Historically he's not the kind of guy to spread wild stuff.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Bottom line, if Hot Tub goes down, it's over anyway.
Yep. You said it. Beer Funnel man is our last hope for this year. Let's all hope he's got something left to show.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

So is sage over this sickness he got or somethin ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #44
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Matty does not sexcriminate.

It still hasn't hit me that this guy is our starting qb

Old 11-18-2011   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
It still hasn't hit me that this guy is our starting qb

When Hot Tub Boy asks for a drink, Chuck Norris runs five miles to get it.

Old 11-18-2011   #46
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah well if they do then they need to cut Leinart immediately. Post haste.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chase Clement 'Excited' to Work Out For Texans
Updated: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 8:51 PM CST
Published : Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 8:38 PM CST

MARK BERMAN
Sports Director

Former Rice quarterback Chase Clement is thrilled he will get the chance to work out for the Houston Texans on Monday.

The Texans may be looking for depth at quarterback while they wait to see if Matt Schaub can bounce back from a severe foot injury and play again this season...

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...out-for-texans
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2011   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

And on all the Garrard > Farve > Leinart > TJ > Schaub.
Old 11-18-2011   #49
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
And on all the Garrard > Farve > Leinart > TJ > Schaub.
I saw this somewhere and I happen to agree...

Hasselbeck > Leinart+Gabbert+Painter

We severely need an upgrade.
Old 11-18-2011   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
ALL of the reports that Garrard was to have "emergency" disc surgery were around 10/18/11. We have not heard a peep since then about him having the surgery or what surgery it was or how he did or how he was progressing. Somewhat strange that this story has fallen off the face of the earth.

If his disc was amenable to only minimally invasive discectomy back surgery (as opposed to a more extensive surgery such as laminectomy or lumbar fusion), he could theoretically be back on the field as soon as 4 weeks postoperatively. That is the only scenario that I can see that could give possible credence to the "rumor."
Thanks, Doc!

Interesting, the timing is about right for the best case scenario!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #51
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ALL of the reports that Garrard was to have "emergency" disc surgery were around 10/18/11. We have not heard a peep since then about him having the surgery or what surgery it was or how he did or how he was progressing. Somewhat strange that this story has fallen off the face of the earth.

If his disc was amenable to only minimally invasive discectomy back surgery (as opposed to a more extensive surgery such as laminectomy or lumbar fusion), he could theoretically be back on the field as soon as 4 weeks postoperatively. That is the only scenario that I can see that could give possible credence to the "rumor."
According to his twitter feed, he had the surgery on Oct. 21:

Quote:
@davidgarrard9 David Garrard
Hey guys surgery this Friday! Thx for the prayers! I'll let u know how it goes.
18 Oct via Twitter for iPhone
The surgery went well:

Quote:
Sorry guys haven't been tweeting. I've been dealing with my back surgery and I can tell everyone things went great!!
11 Nov via Twitter for iPhone
He's hopeful to get back this season (at least I think that's what he said):

Quote:
@yungRex94: @davidgarrard9 when are u gonna get back to football? as as my back says it's time to roll hopefully this season!
11 Nov via Twitter for iPhone
Had some spasms that apparently slowed down rehab:

Quote:
Good morning! Getting some good treatment this morning! Back is getting better everyday. I was set back with spasm for ten days.
15 Nov via Twitter for iPhone
Not too much else in there regarding the status of his back.
Old 11-19-2011   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it's a possibility for him to back up Leinart just in case then!

We'll see!

Thanks for the info, Champ!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #53
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why is it starting to feel like the off-season in here?
Because it's more than 24h to the next game...
Old 11-19-2011   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
According to his twitter feed, he had the surgery on Oct. 21:

The surgery went well:

He's hopeful to get back this season (at least I think that's what he said):

Had some spasms that apparently slowed down rehab:

Not too much else in there regarding the status of his back.
Thanks for the follow up........and here's evidently the latest comment that I obtained from his Twitter account.

Quote:
David Garrard
davidgarrard9 David Garrard
@crohnsbeater: @davidgarrard9 Think you will play this year? if not def next. Trying my hardest to get BACK out there. (literally) haha
16 Nov
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
When Hot Tub Boy asks for a drink, Chuck Norris runs five miles to get it.

Damn, I'd rep you for this one (I love Chuck Norris jokes) but I already got you for the alien QB joke. Way to keep it light...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the follow up........and here's evidently the latest comment that I obtained from his Twitter account.
So it's possible that DG could return for the December games....??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #57
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So it's possible that DG could return for the December games....??
It does appear that he underwent only minimally invasive surgery, and could theoretically be available very soon if his rehab proceeds favorably.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #58
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Damn, I'd rep you for this one (I love Chuck Norris jokes) but I already got you for the alien QB joke. Way to keep it light...
At this point all you can do is make jokes about our situation. I've been depressed to much in the past about the Texans, so I kind of like feeling upbeat for a change.

Old 11-19-2011   #59
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

If we sign Garrard does that show that we don't have confidence in Leinart or Yates?
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #60
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
If we sign Garrard does that show that we don't have confidence in Leinart or Yates?

This says more about Yates than Leinart in my opinion. You wouldn't want to hand over the keys to Yates this early in his career. This team would be screwed if Yates had to take a significant amount of snaps. I've never been a fan of his dating back to North Carolina, but even if he's improved I don't think he's ready for the role quite yet.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read