Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2011   #21
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unconfirmed source says Texans are signing Garrard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why is it starting to feel like the off-season in here?
You didnt hear? Season over! After Schwab went down we regressed so badly they took a game away from us and we finished 6-10.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #22
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna be a long bye week with threads like these....
Old 11-18-2011   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why is it starting to feel like the off-season in here?
Because our season is finished with Leinart. This would have been a perfect fit for Garrard. He's the definition of a game manager.
Old 11-18-2011   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'll be damned...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Get a rope.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #26
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
On the other hand, there's plenty of room in the HOT TUB!
Maybe for some more "babes" but I don't think "Hot Tub Matty" wants any dudes in there.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Maybe for some more "babes" but I don't think "Hot Tub Matty" wants any dudes in there.
Matty does not sexcriminate.

Old 11-18-2011   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Because our season is finished with Leinart. This would have been a perfect fit for Garrard. He's the definition of a game manager.

Finished? 6 games left and playoffs and i don't think he's gonna be asked to do a whole lot.
Old 11-18-2011   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Favre here than Garrard, and I don't want Favre here.

We're going to be fine. I think we need to go .500 over the next 6 games to clinch, and as cynical as I can be sometimes, I think we will do better than that in the end.
Old 11-18-2011   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Finished? 6 games left and playoffs and i don't think he's gonna be asked to do a whole lot.
Finished. 6 games left and we are not in control. Did I miss us clinching a playoff berth? I wouldn't ask either because I don't expect him to do a whole lot.
Old 11-18-2011   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

GIFSoup

on ALL the rumors
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #32
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Finished. 6 games left and we are not in control. Did I miss us clinching a playoff berth? I wouldn't ask either because I don't expect him to do a whole lot.

Honestly i bet going 2-4 could get us into the playoffs, the Titans are who they are and they have some tough games i don't see them winning. And with the level of competition we play i think that should be manageable.

What are you basing Leinart off of though? The preseason where he throws dumpoffs to backups with backup lineman blocking for him, or the one from Arizona where it just never seemed to fit right for him? Just curious, but i doubt we can call him finished when he hasn't even gotten a real chance HERE yet.

EDIT: And how are we not in control with a 1.5 game lead in our division?
Old 11-18-2011   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Alien UFO's landed in Reliant stadium and left behind a 3rd string QB for us. He's got six arms, weighs 300 lbs, and is 6'7" of pure muscle.

Unfortuantly he's from Mars, and because he grew up with less gravity, he can't get off the bench without breaking something. We really need to get rid of Rick Smith for signing these type of players.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #34
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pessimist much? Can't wait to see you provin wrong

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #35
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Alien UFO's landed in Reliant stadium and left behind a 3rd string QB for us. He's got six arms, weighs 300 lbs, and is 6'7" of pure muscle.

Unfortuantly he's from Mars, and because he grew up with less gravity, he can't get off the bench without breaking something. We really need to get rid of Rick Smith for signing these type of players.
Carry 'im out there, put him into position and make him play anyway!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Honestly i bet going 2-4 could get us into the playoffs, the Titans are who they are and they have some tough games i don't see them winning. And with the level of competition we play i think that should be manageable.

What are you basing Leinart off of though? The preseason where he throws dumpoffs to backups with backup lineman blocking for him, or the one from Arizona where it just never seemed to fit right for him? Just curious, but i doubt we can call him finished when he hasn't even gotten a real chance HERE yet.

EDIT: And how are we not in control with a 1.5 game lead in our division?
I am basing this on ALL of it. Leinart's failures in Arizona. The iffy preseason. I also cringed watching him make uncomfortable handoffs verses Cleveland. Leinart has been in the league for 6 years and is relegated to sitting on the bench hoping for an injury because he can't beat anybody out for the starting job. Not even Derek Anderson.

2-4 may very well limp us into the playoffs to go with a quick exit. If that excites you... then... I guess it does. My hopes are of the championship kind. That came crashing down when Schaub kicked it with his cinder block. Our season's over. Stick a fork in 'em. We're toast.

We are no longer in control because we lost our starting quarterback. No more. No less. It makes no difference if we're ahead one or two games after this Sunday.
Old 11-18-2011   #37
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matty does not sexcriminate.

Are you saying Matty "swings both ways?" Say it isn't so!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #38
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Im not buying this.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I would still start him over hot tub boy any day,,,
n ur an *****
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Several reports said that DG needs IMMEDIATE surgery for Disc Hernia (10/17).

While waiting for CNND to give his take, I found this on Wiki:

Surgery should only be considered as a last resort after all conservative treatments (non-surgical therapy) have been tried, that did not alleviate the pain and heal the disc herniation. Also, surgery is indicated if a patient has a significant neurological deficit.[35] The presence of cauda equina syndrome (in which there is incontinence, weakness and genital numbness) is considered a medical emergency requiring immediate attention and possibly surgical decompression.

Doesn't sound too good!
ALL of the reports that Garrard was to have "emergency" disc surgery were around 10/18/11. We have not heard a peep since then about him having the surgery or what surgery it was or how he did or how he was progressing. Somewhat strange that this story has fallen off the face of the earth.

If his disc was amenable to only minimally invasive discectomy back surgery (as opposed to a more extensive surgery such as laminectomy or lumbar fusion), he could theoretically be back on the field as soon as 4 weeks postoperatively. That is the only scenario that I can see that could give possible credence to the "rumor."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #40
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I think I'd rather have Favre come in here and try to gunsling the Texans as far as he could than to sign someone like Garrard, who IMO, would only be marginally better than Yates, if that.

Bottom line, if Hot Tub goes down, it's over anyway.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read