Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2011   #21
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is your hand still over the panic button? (Lionheart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I thought there was a rule about nicknames - noone may submit one.

We went through the nicknames for our defense (mccain wanted bullrush), nicknaming our players, then it was the stadium(ok, I was guilty too) but after that it seemed that we should let the players and the media define themselves and create a nickname.

Nicknaming a player before he plays a down in two years is asking the football gods to smite us once again. We already know they have put a target on us.

And lionheart is so 1980s.

Afterthought disclaimer editing: And I know your trying to have fun with the nicknames so don't come at me like I am the fun police. It is just a little premature and pointless to me. But you go ahead and have your fun and do whatever makes you happy..
I thought his nick was Matty Hot-Tub....?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Answer to thread title:

Schaub is a known commodity; Leinart is not. Not really. Not yet. Upside is great and all that, but I believe I was looking at a Superbowl contender and I don't like seeing changes, unless they are hand-picked out of desire (not necessity) and presumed to be improvements.

In Leinart I Must....so be it. GO LEINART!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
every post from now on should be loaded with nicknames.
And to further confuse things, we should come up with nicknames for all who post here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
And to further confuse things, we should come up with nicknames for all who post here.
OK, DOM (Dirty Old Man).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Ham.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #26
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Panic button?

From most of the posts I've read everybody on the board seem pretty calm, easpecially considering a couple games in to the season the sky is falling.

I could see Leinhart going either way, but I lean toward success just a little. Hell I think somebody put something in the kool aid around here, it might be too positive, but we have to wait a little over a week just to find out who's right and wrong.
yeh i think i know what got put in the koolaid .... it was a heapin helping of winning...
Old 11-18-2011   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Nicknames, and intentional mispellings are a fact of of life on message boards, childish as it may be. I guess it's sort of an indirect protest.

Case in point .... Schaub. There are still some who wouldn't get get his name right if you paid them. Shobb, Swab, Swabb, Schwab, Schobb, Schwabb, Schuab .....

.....yuck. Disgusting.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2011   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, when I hear the term it hurts my brain.

Leinart isn't "Lionheart". He's "Time Machine" because he's been in a bunch of hot tub pictures and we're hoping he can go back in time and be the QB he was supposed to be when he came out of USC in 2006.
Old 11-18-2011   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we just call him Matt* since his championship in 04 was stripped by the NCAA. Aside from the Heisman, he hasn't really accomplished anything.

Maybe Matty Lust?
Old 11-18-2011   #30
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

I only give names to players who deserve them. Lionheart fits because the guy is trying to prove something in this league.

Other than that theres Owe'ing Daniels, Love Jones, Taters Homes (44 - Acres Homes bus route), Kushing, Pickain, J Josafe, lmk, i can keep going.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #31
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
I only give names to players who deserve them. Lionheart fits because the guy is trying to prove something in this league.

Other than that theres Owe'ing Daniels, Love Jones, Taters Homes (44 - Acres Homes bus route), Kushing, Pickain, J Josafe, lmk, i can keep going.
Please don't.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #32
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Can we just call him Matt* since his championship in 04 was stripped by the NCAA. Aside from the Heisman, he hasn't really accomplished anything.

Maybe Matty Lust?
Can I get a Hot Tub??

Old 11-18-2011   #34
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Clearly thats your face of me entertaining your bull.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #35
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't believe anyone thinks Lienart is going to be as good or better than Schaub has been over his career.

As good or better than Schaub has been this season, I think the argument can be made. Schaub hasn't looked like Schaub. He has not been as good as, or better than Schaub had been.
Not really fair to schaub, he hasnt had to be the schaub of the past 3 seasons. With our RB duo, And A.J out schaub has still been a very good QB.
Old 11-19-2011   #36
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright bro, here's the deal. Folks in H-town are hopping on the panic wagon because the quarterback position has been shakey for this franchise since Daisy Carrbomb rolled into town. Now don't get me wrong, we all love us some Corn on the Schaub. But when he goes down, we all have post-traumatic flashbacks of Doom Flakers calling run-run-passes. Next thing you know Grande Johnson is stonehanding passes, Tater Tots gets the butterfingers, Bob's your uncle, we got us a case of the jeebies.

But we'll pull it together, brother. Like John Claude Van Madden once said: you usually have to outscore opponents to win games. Or maybe that was my grandpa. He drinks a lot.

What point was I trying to make?

Anyway, I think the H-town Texicans will be just fine, and the fans are also keeping the faith. But I do enjoy your prose, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #37
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Kubiak has seen Leinart longer than Carr and Leinart is still on the team. That is a plus, but he has no real game time.

I'll go ahead and say it, we won't lose too much on offense. We are running the ball well and as long as MattL proves he can throw a forward pass with accuracy we will still be running.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #38
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5prn6rBHi0&NR=1

robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
this one much better...but so, so sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv1Vr...eature=related

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #40
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
And lionheart is so 1980's.
Or 1180's, Richard I, the Lionhearted.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read