Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-17-2011   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bl 2011 bye week mock

FIRST ROUND: Dontari Poe Nose Tackle Memphis Junior, 6-5 350

350 LBS. & LIGHT ON HIS FEET? YES. BEASTLY STRENGTH, EXPLOSIVE PACKAGE WHO FITS WADE PHILLIPS SCHEME. UNTAPPED POTENTIAL WHO WILL RISE UP 3-4 DRAFT BOARDS TEXANS SHOULD PLUG THIS HOLE IF STILL ON THE BOARD LATE FIRST ROUND.

SECOND ROUND: Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M Senior, 6-4 222

AGGIE BLOODLINE RUN DEEP. THINK OF A MORE ATHLETIC VERSION OF MATT SCHAUB. THREE YEAR PROJECT TO DEVELOP UNDER KUBIAK & TO BACK-UP SCHAUB UNTIL READY. BOTH SCHAUB & LEINART WILL BE FREE AGENTS AFTER 2012 SEASON, MAYBE TIME TO PROJECT FORWARD?

THIRD ROUND: Nico Johnson ILB Alabama Junior, 6-3 245

LAST MINUTE EARLY ENTRY NICO WOULD PROVIDE EXCELLENT INSIDE INSURANCE BEHIND DEMECO. SIDELINE TO SIDELINE TACKLING MACHINE EXPLOSIVE CLOSING SPEED TO BALL. I WOULD RECOMMEND TRADE UP INTO SECOND ROUND LIKE RICK SMITH PULLED LAST YEAR TO DRAFT BRANDON HARRIS (REASON CB NOT ADDRESSED IN THIS DRAFT) TO ADDRESS NEED.

FOURTH ROUND: Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma Senior, 5-11 180

DIMINUTIVE, QUICK, PRODUCTIVE WR COMING OFF ACL SURGERY, BEFORE A SOLID SECOND ROUND PROSPECT. TIGHT, CRISP ROUTE RUNNER WITH EXCELLENT HANDS & WILLING BLOCKER.

FIFTH ROUND: David Paulson TE Oregon Senior, 6040 244

PASS CATCHING THREAT IN MOLD OF OWEN DANIELS. EXCELLENT HANDS, ROUTE RUNNER, PLAYS SMART. TEXAN DREESSEEN FREE AGENT, CASEY FOCUS IS NOW FB WHILE GRAHAM MAY DEVELOP INTO MORE OF THE PREFERRED BLOCKING TE.

SIXTH ROUND: Jermaine Kearse WR Washington, 6020 208

UNDER-ACHIEVED SENIOR SEASON BUT HAS BODY & NFL PHYSICAL MEASUREABLES. SLEEPER PICK & ANOTHER BODY TO BRING INTO CAMP TO HELP BOLSTER WR DEPTH WHO HAS EXPLOSIVE CAPABILITY.

SEVENTH ROUND: Phillip Blake OC/OG Baylor Senior, 6030 320 (Mason does not meet 7th rd. compensatory requirement)

NOTE: ALLOWED ONLY 6 IMAGES

LATE ROUND ADDITION TO OL CAUSE YOU CANNOT HAVE TOO MUCH DEPTH UP FRONT. TEXANS SHOULD RESIGN MYERS BUT I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED TEXANS HAVE A LEGITIMATE BACK-UP CENTER. BLAKE IS STOUT, ATHLETIC & PHYSICAL SOMEONE TO DEVELOP WHO CAN SNAP UNDER CENTER OR SHOTGUN.

RIP

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bl 2011 bye week mock

Damn good draft sign me up! Blake should go higher but I'll take that. Think Diehl can be had as UDFA?
Old 11-17-2011   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign me up

Glad to see you made QB a priority. If Schaub has to have surgery it could take 6-12 mo.'s to get healthy and even then he may never be the same.

How would you feel about trading the 2nd for Matt Flynn? I would rather do this than picking Tanneyhill. Who I consider to be like Flynn but without the experience.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Sign me up

Glad to see you made QB a priority. If Schaub has to have surgery it could take 6-12 mo.'s to get healthy and even then he may never be the same.

How would you feel about trading the 2nd for Matt Flynn? I would rather do this than picking Tanneyhill. Who I consider to be like Flynn but without the experience.
thanks.

Probably should have been on agenda anyway but you know how it goes once you lose something then you miss it. Cloak has been updating specific details of Schaubs injury & I for one do not like what I'm hearing. He already had limited mobility now this. Ryan is raw but shows flashes of top caliber play, just wish he was more consistant. Mike Sherman is an excellent resource for Kubiak to consult over his upside/draft grade. I know it will be a positive one, already does the boot & looks downfield on the run to locate WR's with escapablity to buy time or leg it out to move the chains. Inconsistant accuracy but anybody who remembers watching Schuab @ Virginia saw a lot of the same thing. He could very easily run this offense in a matter of three years which is about the right window given Schaub's age. And no I don't see the Texans keeping Leinart over him next negoiation unless his career is over, which Texans would still need a capable back-up plan.

I was one who liked Flynn @ LSU. Would be a good fit if you could pry him away from GB who have an outstanding QB development track record but they prefer to keep their own draft picks assuming they play @ level they projected when drafted. Jordy Nelson is another excellent example, really liked him too out of Kansas State I beleive, may have even mocked him to the Texans but GB saw something & drafted him early 2nd.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 11-17-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2011   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Poe, I'm thinking this is a little early for Poe right now but I'm warming up to the idea and after the Combine I think Poe moves up boards and possibly goes in the 1st round. I still like Thompson and Chapman better for the Texans but I think Ta'amu will fall in the draft possibly to the 2nd round. It's not a good year for DT's. Good pick.

2. Tannehill, I like the player and think he'll probably go in the 2nd, but not for the Texans. I think he's a project QB that will need to hold a clip board for at least 2 yrs.

3. Johnson, I don't know alot about him but you usually can't go wrong with an LB from Alabama. He's got good size for the position and would be a depth improvement. Good pick.

4. Broyles, I doubt he's ready for the Combine, ACL, and this will hurt his draft stock. If he checks out medically then he's a great value in the 4th round but I'd want my Dr.'s checking him out thoroughly.

5. Paulson, I just don't see any need for another TE even if we lose Dreesen to FA. Paulson would be 4th on the depth chart behind OD, Graham, and Casey. We still don't know what we have in Graham, and need more depth on defense than on offense.

6. Kearse, I don't know anything about him but like Paulson I don't see that much need especially after Broyles pick and think we need depth on defense more so than offense. He'd be competing with Lestar Jean for a 5th WR spot or the practice squad.

7. Blake, developmental O-line depth that probably makes the practice squad, not a bad pick.

Overall some good players that help the team and/or good value picks but I'd like to see a little more defensive depth in the 5th and 6th rounds.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Poe, I'm thinking this is a little early for Poe right now but I'm warming up to the idea and after the Combine I think Poe moves up boards and possibly goes in the 1st round. I still like Thompson and Chapman better for the Texans but I think Ta'amu will fall in the draft possibly to the 2nd round. It's not a good year for DT's. Good pick.

2. Tannehill, I like the player and think he'll probably go in the 2nd, but not for the Texans. I think he's a project QB that will need to hold a clip board for at least 2 yrs.

3. Johnson, I don't know alot about him but you usually can't go wrong with an LB from Alabama. He's got good size for the position and would be a depth improvement. Good pick.

4. Broyles, I doubt he's ready for the Combine, ACL, and this will hurt his draft stock. If he checks out medically then he's a great value in the 4th round but I'd want my Dr.'s checking him out thoroughly.

5. Paulson, I just don't see any need for another TE even if we lose Dreesen to FA. Paulson would be 4th on the depth chart behind OD, Graham, and Casey. We still don't know what we have in Graham, and need more depth on defense than on offense.

6. Kearse, I don't know anything about him but like Paulson I don't see that much need especially after Broyles pick and think we need depth on defense more so than offense. He'd be competing with Lestar Jean for a 5th WR spot or the practice squad.

7. Blake, developmental O-line depth that probably makes the practice squad, not a bad pick.

Overall some good players that help the team and/or good value picks but I'd like to see a little more defensive depth in the 5th and 6th rounds.
thanks for feedback as always

Poe is a project for Texan Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips. People would have to be patient, probably call him a bust & wouldn't start his rookie year unless catastrophic injury. This is a pick based on potential massive as his size. Like posted with Tannehill these are two-three year projects not typical immediate starting caliber prospects like Watt & Reed. Now I could make easier, start me now picks, but instead opted to showcase the type of player & forward thinking needed to get a bigger bang (w/Wade Phillips blessing). I'm not saying he is the next BJ Raji but is a freak of nature. Dontari is clean, well spoken, bright eyed, young man dedicated to work hard & continual improvement (pet peeve).
Quote:
Poe, a former shot put champion in high school, can squat 700 pounds, bench 500 and power clean 400. Tigers strength coach Ryan Cidzik, who has coached Shaun Rogers and Kris Jenkins, told Feldman: "I've been around some very strong defensive linemen when I was coaching in the NFL, and Poe's up there with all of them. If I have another year with him, he will probably be the strongest player I've ever been around."
Which leads me to believe he will return to Memphis for his senior year. Upon the 2012 NFL Draft Poe will certainly be a much coveted commodity.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-18-2011   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

6. Kearse, I don't know anything about him but like Paulson I don't see that much need especially after Broyles pick and think we need depth on defense more so than offense.He'd be competing with Lestar Jean for a 5th WR spot or the practice squad.
Draft heavy in skill positions for a reason. Value meets need. Broyles at significant discount with low pressure to force him into early action. Texans could really use a Wes Welker type of slot WR. Closest thing they have now is actually RB Arian Foster. Kearse has 2nd rd. talent but will need to be built back-up to speed in his fundamentals. Love too see open competition next year in camp with a healthy Jean Lestar & Jeff Mahel. Paulson doesn't appear to be anything special but he always shows up when needed. Same with Owen & he was a 4th rd. pick who turned out to be pretty good one. He caught 852 yds & 8 TD's in three years @ Wisconsin. Paulson has 836 yds & 8 TD's with two games to play @ Oregon. Besides stats its more the style they play, both smart, big impact players that stats don't tell whole story. I've already addressed the DL & LB position, with all the talent & youth I would like to let them sort things out next year while adding similar depth & talent on offensive side.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2011   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with BL on Paulson. He has always impressed me. In their offense he is asked to do a lot of things, and catching passes isn't really at the top of the list. But he always makes plays when given the opportunity.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all my draft buddies -

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...tscout-RobRang

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-24-2011   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all my draft buddies -

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...tscout-RobRang
Interesting. I am joining in the party as well- Poe is my 1st round pick in my latest mock draft.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Interesting. I am joining in the party as well- Poe is my 1st round pick in my latest mock draft.
I might just jump on that bandwagon too ..... but there is no guarantee he comes out and WR is still a huge concern. Guess it depends on how the draft falls.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Schaubs injury QB jumped to the #1 need for me and trading up to the top 5 is an option if need be. Sorta like Atlanta did last yr to get J.Jones.

I'm real high on Barkley and RG3. They are worth atleast 2 1st rd picks + more if needed. QB's with their talents are rare. I like Barkley and RG3 as much as Luck.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With Schaubs injury QB jumped to the #1 need for me and trading up to the top 5 is an option if need be. Sorta like Atlanta did last yr to get J.Jones.

I'm real high on Barkley and RG3. They are worth atleast 2 1st rd picks + more if needed. QB's with their talents are rare. I like Barkley and RG3 as much as Luck.
Im not high on Barkley at all .... Just another USC QB hype machine. I wouldnt spend a 3rd on him.

RG3 on the other hand I am pretty high on. I dont think he's ready to play in the NFL yet but rather needs a couple seasons on the bench behind a veteran learning the craft. With his physical gifts he could be a really special player under the right circumstances.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

SB is pretty astute. Corrosion, have you see Barkley in recent games? I use to feel the same way you do about Matt but have since changed my tune. He is playing @ a very high level. Pro-Ready. This is key. Takes snaps under Center, quick 5 step drop, compact/fluid release with tight spin, knows how to play fake, boot, read progressions. Displays leadership, poise under pressure, big arm.

I may have to upgrade my own process to assign a tangible draft grade for each position per critical elements. Like Ourlads. I feel you guys deserve more from me to help you make your own better informed opinions of potential pro prospects.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-25-2011   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm with BL on Paulson. He has always impressed me. In their offense he is asked to do a lot of things, and catching passes isn't really at the top of the list. But he always makes plays when given the opportunity.
Finally had chance to review last weeks game film of Oregon vs USC & I will have to bump Paulson stock higher. The one handed catch over the middle in seam that took three defenders to keep him out of the endzone with game on line was one of the grittiest, best football plays I've witnessed this season. It's not hard for me to project him in Kubes offense as another lethal option. Great hands, smart, tough who steps up in big situations.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-25-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't make up my mind on drafting QB high in 2012. If Lienert does well ending the season, I probably will not. Schaub should be ready for game one and even if he nees another 2-3 weeks, if Lienert proves he can handle the position, we will be ok. Another benefit is Yates will get a lot more reps in practice. All 3 are under contract 2012 & I don't think Smithiak will use another pick unless it is a low one similar to drafting Yates. That would be if Lienert is expect to move on. This 6 weeks will really impact the team in more than just wins and losses.

This next draft could allow us to fill the last of our "needs". As most know I have pushed Poe since before the season and then moved him off mock as I convinced myself Wade would not pick him in first or second. Well, Wade picking him or not, we need this type of player. He would shut down the running lanes and take pressure off ILBs. If CND is right and Ryans health begins to slip next season, a monster at Nose would help alleviate that.

I am ok with Mario being re-signed but if Barwin & Reed continue their production, I would listen to offers for Williams. I will continue to root against Patriots as I want a first and second from them.
Old 11-25-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I just can't make up my mind on drafting QB high in 2012. If Lienert does well ending the season, I probably will not. Schaub should be ready for game one and even if he nees another 2-3 weeks, if Lienert proves he can handle the position, we will be ok. Another benefit is Yates will get a lot more reps in practice. All 3 are under contract 2012 & I don't think Smithiak will use another pick unless it is a low one similar to drafting Yates. That would be if Lienert is expect to move on. This 6 weeks will really impact the team in more than just wins and losses.

This next draft could allow us to fill the last of our "needs". As most know I have pushed Poe since before the season and then moved him off mock as I convinced myself Wade would not pick him in first or second. Well, Wade picking him or not, we need this type of player. He would shut down the running lanes and take pressure off ILBs. If CND is right and Ryans health begins to slip next season, a monster at Nose would help alleviate that.

I am ok with Mario being re-signed but if Barwin & Reed continue their production, I would listen to offers for Williams. I will continue to root against Patriots as I want a first and second from them.
Texans do not have a QB signed through 2013 (not sure about Yates, but really?). Yes this is Leinart's big chance to prove he is worth keeping past next year, guess if Matt Schaub can hit the field next season he & Texans would feel inclined to restucutre a mutually agreeable extension. So nothing changes, unless a player like Barkley drops...... or reaching early for a developmental QB like Tannehill?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-25-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texans do not have a QB signed through 2013 (not sure about Yates, but really?). Yes this is Leinart's big chance to prove he is worth keeping past next year, guess if Matt Schaub can hit the field next season he & Texans would feel inclined to restucutre a mutually agreeable extension. So nothing changes, unless a player like Barkley drops...... or reaching early for a developmental QB like Tannehill?
If Schaub has a steady year 2012 he will be re-signed. Why would McNair go against his philosophy to reward his players as he did Ryans and AJ? He would catch unbelievable grief if he did not do so for his QB. Kubes has 22 more games to evaluate Yates. I think we will see another QB draft just not higher than 4th round.

Tannehill? See my recent pm to you and 65.

Last edited by badboy; 11-25-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #19
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have any real complaints about your choices. They are all solid players. I am not sure I would have gone with another TE, but he is still a solid player.

Where I disagree is with the selection of Ryan Tannehill in the second. In my mind a second rounder should be a key backup/available spot starter. Tannelhill is too raw a prospect to go with a 2nd rounder. Yesterday in the UT game he showed why he is so raw: 20 for 49, 224 yards passed, 2 tds, 3 ints, and 1 sack. Decision making was questionable. He threw 3 bad ints...really bad ones.

His stats against tough defenses aren't great:
OSU: 2 tds, 3 ints
Arkansas: 0 tds, 1 int
Oklahoma: 2 tds, 3 ints
Texas: 2 tds, 3 ints.

Against the tougher defenses he has faced he is 6 tds:10 ints. That is not a good stat. Throwing for a lot of yards is great, but turnovers are a killer in the NFL. From what I have seen of Ryan Tannelhill, I do not think he warrants a 2nd round selection.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'd make a bold move such as the Falcons did last year when they drafted Jones and draft someone like Blackmon.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read