Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2011   #41
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

The thing that is most in the back of my mind is where is AJ gonna be when/if he comes back....
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The thing that is most in the back of my mind is where is AJ gonna be when/if he comes back....
You can find him on the football field!

Check the endzone first!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

SO a very good starter but not considered elite by all is doing well, gets injured and his back-up comes along and does very well and every single poster basically is willing to consider trading the starter for draft picks.

WTH? Sounds like the Mario Williams trade thread to me. Some of you folks are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know who you are. Chuckle.
Old 11-17-2011   #44
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take it.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #45
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Hopefully he will be a little more mobile than Schaub and more patient looking things over before he throws balls away. Sometimes Schaub chunks the ball out of bounds way before he has to.

I also hope he throws the deep ball better. Schaub is terrible at hitting guys on the run on long passes. They almost always have to stop or slow down to catch the ball. The first pass of the Tampa game for instance. Yes it was a TD but only because JJ made a great move after he caught it. He had everyone beat by ten yards and had to stop and wait for the ball.

Johnson would have a boatload more long TD's if Shaub knew how to lead him. Anyway If he can do those two things and play smart and not turn the ball over he could achieve what we are all dreaming about here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if he has it in him. I believe he does.
Before we not only throw him under the bus, but put it into reverse and back over his twitching body, lets remember Matt Schaub has played at an elite QB level since 2009. I don't remember where I heard it but his rating has him playing behind only a select handful of QBs. He's rated 5th I want to say. He's ahead of guys like Rivers and Eli Manning for example. I just hope Matt Leinart doesn't lose the game for them. That would be the worst possible outcome. Fumbling a snap or something like that. Throwing a Chris Berman whoop whoop pass. Anything that would suck the life out of this team. It's my fervent hope I lose this particular play on the don't pass line. It's just that being blindly cheery to the degree of actually suggesting Schaub's injury is a blessing of some sort seems like so much whistling past the graveyard at this juncture of the crisis.
Old 11-17-2011   #46
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm saying is that if Schaub is indeed lost for the season then no doubt we all want "Time Machine" to do well and by doing well continue the success we've seen from the Texans so far this year.

In that case the more we "get what we want" out of this situation the more likely a QB controversy would become.
Old 11-17-2011   #47
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

And then what if he does it again against Atlanta?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.

Funny thread starter, because I thought about this today. If that happened, I'd say that it's his job now. That would suck for Schaub, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. If Leinart won a SB, he'd have to be engrained as the starter here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2011   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Funny thread starter, because I thought about this today. If that happened, I'd say that it's his job now. That would suck for Schaub, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. If Leinart won a SB, he'd have to be engrained as the starter here.
Pretty much like Brady and Bledsoe.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #49
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already envisioned Leinart stepping up and taking Schaub's starting job. And when he does, Washington will pay a 1st round pick for Schaub because they need him that badly, and Kyle Shanahan won't settle for anyone else. And Mike Shanahan still remembers Schaub's performance on September 19th, 2010.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
All I'm saying is that if Schaub is indeed lost for the season then no doubt we all want "Time Machine" to do well and by doing well continue the success we've seen from the Texans so far this year.

In that case the more we "get what we want" out of this situation the more likely a QB controversy would become.
Gonna be interesting to watch. I'm hoping Leinart plays well enough to cause a legit controversy. I hope Brooks reed plays well enough to cause doubt about signing Mario, I hope anytime a starter goes down the back up comes in and makes a claim to keep the spot.

It only strengthens the team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Before we not only throw him under the bus, but put it into reverse and back over his twitching body, lets remember Matt Schaub has played at an elite QB level since 2009. I don't remember where I heard it but his rating has him playing behind only a select handful of QBs. He's rated 5th I want to say. He's ahead of guys like Rivers and Eli Manning for example. I just hope Matt Leinart doesn't lose the game for them. That would be the worst possible outcome. Fumbling a snap or something like that. Throwing a Chris Berman whoop whoop pass. Anything that would suck the life out of this team. It's my fervent hope I lose this particular play on the don't pass line. It's just that being blindly cheery to the degree of actually suggesting Schaub's injury is a blessing of some sort seems like so much whistling past the graveyard at this juncture of the crisis.
To me schaub is closer to Pennington than he is to an elite qb. Their numbers are similar actually. Schaub has thrown the ball more though, but I think overall they have a similar style. Not bad at all and both would be considered upper tier qb's.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

WTH? Sounds like the Mario Williams trade thread to me. Some of you folks are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know who you are. Chuckle.
Other than the fact that we can play Mario & Brooks Reed at the same time. Mario on the weak side, Brooks on the strong side (you do see how they aren't playing the same position right? )

Can't do the same with Matt & Matt.

If Barwin & Reeds get into double digits, then yeah, trade Mario. If not, if only Reed gets into double digits, you wait until next year & hope both Mario & Reed can get double digits on the same team the same year.
Old 11-18-2011   #53
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

So I guess this is what we're talking about during the bye week.

I've thought about it, too, and I just don't know. I don't think I'll have anything intelligent to say about the matter until we've seen Leinart play. Schaub is far from perfect, but he's far from terrible as well--see 4700 yards on the season. And he's gotten us this far.

The major problem I see in comparing the two (assuming Leinart does well) is that we have multiple full seasons of performance by which to judge Schaub, while only a few games by which to judge Leinart.

Although, it would be nice if our next QB controversy was over who makes us more awesome instead of less terrible.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #54
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I've already envisioned Leinart stepping up and taking Schaub's starting job. And when he does, Washington will pay a 1st round pick for Schaub because they need him that badly, and Kyle Shanahan won't settle for anyone else. And Mike Shanahan still remembers Schaub's performance on September 19th, 2010.
I mentioned in another thread that the Redskins are the most likely trade partner here for either of the Matts if Leinart steps up and shows any ability. Provided the Shanahans don't get fired in the offseason.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has served us well. As a former Schaub hater, I've seen the light, and he is very much a part of why we are where we are right now. If Leinart comes in and steals his job, well, that's just the NFL and Schaub and Leinart both know that.

As long as Leinart doesn't screw things up, and I don't think he will, I'm good with any outcome as long as we have a good QB. I've seen good QBs pass through Houston pro football teams, and I'll bet I will again after Schaub and Leinart both are out of football.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Schaub has served us well. As a former Schaub hater, I've seen the light, and he is very much a part of why we are where we are right now. If Leinart comes in and steals his job, well, that's just the NFL and Schaub and Leinart both know that.
As has been said several times in this thread. Schaub is no slouch. If Lienart beats him out for the job, then he's a bonafide badass.

The likelyhood of that becoming a reality is as slim as the Texans' chance of winning the Super Bowl this season.

Actually, they're one & the same. If Lienart can actually be better than Matt, we're winning the SB, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As long as Leinart doesn't screw things up, and I don't think he will, I'm good with any outcome as long as we have a good QB. I've seen good QBs pass through Houston pro football teams, and I'll bet I will again after Schaub and Leinart both are out of football.
& the reality is here. Lienart most likely won't play better than Schaub, but if he can just not screw it up our run game & defense should help us win the division & make a play-off run.

Heck, Sanchez got his team to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row.
Old 11-18-2011   #57
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not ready to toss Schaub just yet. The connection he has with both OD and AJ is pretty hard to duplicate. Those three can essentially read each others minds.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Not ready to toss Schaub just yet. The connection he has with both OD and AJ is pretty hard to duplicate. Those three can essentially read each others minds.
No one is ready to toss Schaub yet. The question is if he proves to be a dynamic QB that makes plays. A QB that adds a dimension to the offense that Schaub does not.

It would be a goofy position to be in. Although I wish Lienart all the success he can possibly achieve over the next 13 weeks...

Whoever we let go, will probably win that Super Bowl with their next team & we'll look like..... well, you know.
Old 11-18-2011   #59
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Heck, Sanchez got his team to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row.
And Grossman got to a Super Bowl and Trent Dilfer won one.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #60
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

First thing aside, Prayers still go out to you and your family and Second, knowing Aria is looking down on her Daddy being a huge Texan fan, we'll do well!!

God Bless you and thanks for staying engrossed with "our" Texans!! Love ya Bro..... And make it down (if still in NE or up if your back in New Zealand)....

We'll take good care of you and the fam!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read