Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2011   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Because Snoopy always chewed them up. Damn dogs!
Snoopy's too cool to chew stuff

...hey, I wonder if he and Matty HotTub ever hung out together...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #22
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL
Dave Ragone 2.0! IIRC, he completed a pass to himself.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #23
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL
Rofl! Run wild cat AJ at QB, Hail Mary pass with 5 seconds left, Chunks it up runs after it. CB bats it down to AJ hands n TD for the win...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
LOL! (at the pix)

Personally, I'd rather not put the cart in front of the horse, so no, I haven't entertained the idea.

I'm not going to start now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #25
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?
You bet I've been thinking about that.

I think it's likely that Leinart won't be as good as Schaub.

But I also think it's not out of the question that he plays better than Schaub.

One thing the Texans should consider doing (if they're not already doing it) is to employ a sports psychologist who teaches the players---especially Leinart---how to use visualization techniques. If Leinart can visualize himself performing at an All Pro level, he may well wind up doing just that. I'm a big believer in that kind of thing.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #26
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've been thinking about that since Schaub went down and Leinart was named starter...

I'm really anxious to how the team looks with Leinart in there...

Hearing some of the players talk it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in him. And not false confidence or media talk...It sounds like they legitimately like what he brings to the table...

But just for discussion's sake, if Leinart played really well and we won the superbowl with him I'd probably still hold onto Schaub but Leinart would be remain the starter heading into next season.

If I got a really good offer for Schaub like a first round pick or a couple of seconds, I'd probably send him packing and draft a good QB in the 1st or second round to put pressure on Leinart.

I really like Shammy, but if Leinart is playing almost as well or better then I would be ok with the team moving him.
What else can they say ?

"Schaub went down, we are so ****ed, now we have this heisman bust leading us to a 7-9 record"

Old 11-16-2011   #27
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll just wait and see how far Leinart takes the team.
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he will be a little more mobile than Schaub and more patient looking things over before he throws balls away. Sometimes Schaub chunks the ball out of bounds way before he has to.

I also hope he throws the deep ball better. Schaub is terrible at hitting guys on the run on long passes. They almost always have to stop or slow down to catch the ball. The first pass of the Tampa game for instance. Yes it was a TD but only because JJ made a great move after he caught it. He had everyone beat by ten yards and had to stop and wait for the ball.

Johnson would have a boatload more long TD's if Shaub knew how to lead him. Anyway If he can do those two things and play smart and not turn the ball over he could achieve what we are all dreaming about here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if he has it in him. I believe he does.
Old 11-16-2011   #29
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I would not be surprised to see one of the three quarterbacks traded in the Spring.
Old 11-16-2011   #30
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

not to worry, this is almost an impossible hypothetical.

my hunch is that Line-art will be the same turnover machine
he's been in the past

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

And then what if he does it again against Atlanta?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.
I think there is a really good chance that he could "tear it up"... I think he'll start off a little slow in the first couple of games as he gets used to "game speed". That said:
A) as I've said, I think he's been humbled since being a "prima donna", immature, high draft choice to

B) a guy that signed as a "back-up" here in Houston as opposed to going to Seattle with Pete Carroll where he would've more than likely been a starter.

AND finally C) This is a new audition for him to be a viable starting QB, if not for the Texans, another team.

He'll be fine, one way or another.
Old 11-16-2011   #32
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he pulls a Tom Brady on Drew Bledsoe!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #33
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think there is a really good chance that he could "tear it up"... I think he'll start off a little slow in the first couple of games as he gets used to "game speed". That said:
A) as I've said, I think he's been humbled since being a "prima donna", immature, high draft choice to

B) a guy that signed as a "back-up" here in Houston as opposed to going to Seattle with Pete Carroll where he would've more than likely been a starter.

AND finally C) This is a new audition for him to be a viable starting QB, if not for the Texans, another team.

He'll be fine, one way or another.
I share your optimism. Hope we're right!

Another hypothetical though. What if he does do really well and the Texans clinch a playoff berth with a couple of games left? Do you let Leinart continue to go out there so he gets more reps against NFL defenses or do you rest him and let Yates start the last game or two? Hopefully this scenario actually happens.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #34
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course I've thought about it, but I'm just hoping the guy isn't complete trash.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #35
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Of course I've thought about it, but I'm just hoping the guy isn't complete trash.
Yep.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as there's a hot tub on the sideline, and Kubiak makes a rule that he can't go for a soak with the cheerleaders until he passes for a certain amount of yards and no turnovers, we should be good to go.

I like TexansFanatic's visualization idea, but a hot tub on the sideline and some conditional rules attached to its use will make for better TV, no?

Wouldn't it be awesome to see the TV camera on Leinart as he's sitting in the hot tub while the defense is out on the field? A cheerleader on each side, too. LOL. A big fat cigar in his mouth, big-ass grin on is face. Priceless.

He's like Joe Namath and David Hasslehoff had a kid together or something.
Old 11-16-2011   #37
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I like TexansFanatic's visualization idea, but a hot tub on the sideline and some conditional rules attached to its use will make for better TV, no?

Well, now I know what I'm going to be visualizing.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #38
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

If Leinart comes in and leads us to the Super Bowl(all hypothetical of course) i really don't get the logic of trading him for more prospects especially another QB. Why would be draft someone so they can come in and learn the system and hopefully lead us to more playoff victories when we already had one that did?

It would be like the Patriots trading away Brady after their first Super Bowl for a few picks. If they did that where would they be now?
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #39
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What if Leinart wins every game we have left, gets hurt near the end, and Yates wins the Superbowl?

Then we got a 3 QB controversy, Kubiak is God, and we got a golden calf named "Gary" in the parking lot.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #40
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

HAHAHAHA, I predicted this in the HTM prediction thread.

To think it happened before he even threw a pass.

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read