Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2011   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

And then what if he does it again against Atlanta?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.
Old 11-16-2011   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

I like Schaub, but if Leinart wins a championship, to me it's a no brainer that it's his job to lose.

I would LOVE a QB controversy in the off-season as the result of such a scenario!!!
Old 11-16-2011   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if that's the case I would still keep Schaub because that's my guy and I want to win a superbowl with him. Just keep Lienart till the trade deadline and give it up to a desperate team that gives away 2 1st round picks
Old 11-16-2011   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think we all have had that thought. been wondering is schaub will even be ready for next season. i think leinart can succeed in this system. six games and bye would be enough time to get ready for playoff football.

i think everything has been falling into place and this will workout. not sure about superbowl but this team will rally around leinart
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that would be a dream scenario. I have no problem with a QB controversy.

Chances are, Leinart will probably slowly improve from game to game, at least that's my expectation. Kubes and the coaches will put him in positions to be comfortable out there on the field. That means a possibly simplified game plan for the first game or two, see how he's doing and then go from there. I have high hopes (I'm a fan), but moderate expectations (trying to stay sane).
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been thinking about that since Schaub went down and Leinart was named starter...

I'm really anxious to how the team looks with Leinart in there...

Hearing some of the players talk it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in him. And not false confidence or media talk...It sounds like they legitimately like what he brings to the table...

But just for discussion's sake, if Leinart played really well and we won the superbowl with him I'd probably still hold onto Schaub but Leinart would be remain the starter heading into next season.

If I got a really good offer for Schaub like a first round pick or a couple of seconds, I'd probably send him packing and draft a good QB in the 1st or second round to put pressure on Leinart.

I really like Shammy, but if Leinart is playing almost as well or better then I would be ok with the team moving him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.
Trade him for two second rounders.

Signed,

Drew Bledsoe and Trent Green

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Leinart does well and causes a QB controversy then I see a team (Washington?) trading some high draft picks for either QB. Depending on how comfortable Kubiak is with Yates could determine whether or not the backup gets traded in the off-season.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely have wondered about that scenario as well. I still think Leinart can be a really good QB in this league. That may just be because he was highly touted out of college and had all the makings of a star though. But I don't think he's a true bust, like Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or other high draft picks.

He was never really given a 2nd chance in Arizona and I hope he makes the best of his shot here.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

What then?
You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

If he's our Super Bowl MVP, or play-off MVP, then imo, it's his job to lose. If he's just a game manager... who cares.

If he plays well, but isn't necessarily the reason we win or lose, I can see getting a couple of picks for him.
Old 11-16-2011   #12
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like when Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady came in and won them a super bowl, ( I think that's how I remember it ). Come on Matt Leinart you can do this. I believe
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always wondered why he just didn't buy a damned tee.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd just like to point out that I mentioned this exact same scenario, although in fewer words and less explicit detail, in an earlier thread.

cough*plagiarism*cough

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I've always wondered why he just didn't buy a damned tee.
Because Snoopy always chewed them up. Damn dogs!
Old 11-16-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'd just like to point out that I mentioned this exact same scenario, although in fewer words and less explicit detail, in an earlier thread.

cough*plagiarism*cough

yeah, but nobody takes you seriously.

Old 11-16-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

If he's our Super Bowl MVP, or play-off MVP, then imo, it's his job to lose. If he's just a game manager... who cares.

If he plays well, but isn't necessarily the reason we win or lose, I can see getting a couple of picks for him.
And you read my mind.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #18
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What then?

I was thinking almost the exact thing except in the SB Leinart gets injured and can't return, down by 2 TDs in the fourth Texans call up TJ Yates. Our defense steps up so GB doesnt score, we cause turnovers and TJ leads a SHOCKING 4th quarter comeback....

3 Way controversy....
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I was thinking almost the exact thing except in the SB Leinart gets injured and can't return, down by 2 TDs in the fourth Texans call up TJ Yates. Our defense steps up so GB doesnt score, we cause turnovers and TJ leads a SHOCKING 4th quarter comeback....

3 Way controversy....
F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #20
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL
Lol I've always wondered how OD would look as a QB! Who could take him down? It would be like Big Ben x2!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read