Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2011   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Leinart and Schaub had dinner Monday; Leinart flew to Cali for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Dude stop. You wrote it outright, so don't put that on others because you know how ridiculous that statement was now. That leads me to believe that down the line you'll deny saying that David Carr could do a great job at QB for this current team.
I'll stand by the statement I made back then, Steve Slaton was running better this year than he ran as a rookie. He had his burst back, that he lost his sophomore year, & was hitting holes better than he did his rookie year.

I never said whatever you or GP said I said.

Quote:

Of course he did, and yes I was a fan when he was drafted. What is your point?? He sucked not only with us, but with 3 teams. This is just one of those off the wall statements that can't be justified in any way what so ever just like the one about Slaton having his best season with the Texans last year.
I'm glad you enjoy watching our team.
Old 11-17-2011   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart and Schaub had dinner Monday; Leinart flew to Cali for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
On NFLN Kurt Warner had said that Lienart had already matured from that stage before Kurt left.

The speculation is that Wisenhunt & Lienart clashed for some unknown reason.

& the last three weeks should make it clear we won't be asking him to do the same things he was asked to do in Arizona. All they had, was Warner, Fitz, & Darnell Docket. We've got a legit running game, a legit defense, a legit OL, & a legit H.O.F. WR.

David Carr would shine on this team.
See, this is what I'm talking about. And you have the nerve to say I, GP, make up some funny shit? LOL. Geez.

You're on a roll, TK.

What's next, Tony Hollings would be a Pro-Bowler if he played for the 2011 Texans right now?

Just stop.
Old 11-17-2011   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll stand by the statement I made back then, Steve Slaton was running better this year than he ran as a rookie. He had his burst back, that he lost his sophomore year, & was hitting holes better than he did his rookie year.

I never said whatever you or GP said I said.

I'm glad you enjoy watching our team.
This is why you're headed for my ignore list. I used to think this sort of stuff was cute and fun, but it's gotten old.

Steve Slaton, this year, was running smack dab into the BACK of his blockers and not finding any holes that you say he was hitting. He was a pile magnet.

And now David Carr "would shine on the Texans right now."

Take responsibility, or stop posting knee-jerk analysis/prognostications that try to find hidden talent in players who have none. You can't wish success upon people, TK.
Old 11-17-2011   #64
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Prove it. I'm curious if TK really said that.
It took me awhile, about 30 minutes, but a post search with the key words "Steve Slaton 2008" provided a series of back-and-forths on this very subject back in the early past of summer 2011.

FYI: My memory is pretty good, almost photographic. It's a genetic thing. I remember him saying it, all the way back then, and it was so off-the-wall fantastical that I burned its image into my head back....just knowing that there would be more such outrageous claims from TK.

Now he's saying David Carr would shine on this team.

Can't wish success on people, it's earned. And the Texans obviously don't think Steve Slaton was running better in 2010 than he was in 2008 because he was 4th-best RB on this team and released outright.

Here's the exact quote, and it's post #54 (if you filter posts by most recent) in this thread count link.

Quote:
If there is a good deal out there, something that will make the team better....... I've got no problem with that. I'm just saying I wouldn't trade him just to trade him. I don't think we can find a better RB option on the street or undrafted.

The trade deadline is weeks into the season, no reason to hurry.

By the way, I don't agree with your analysis of his running this year. I think he was a better runner in 2010 than he was in 2008. 2008, His speed & his burst made up for a poor offensive line.
He said Steve Slaton was a better runner in 2010. I don't care if he thinks he had some sort of burst, or the o-line wasn't as good back in 2008 and blah-blah-blah...that's all conjecture, IMO. He was not a better runner in 2009, 2010, nor in the brief part of 2011.

Out of all four of his years (2008, 09, 10, and so far in 2011), his best year was 2008 and he looked pretty good. It's been downhill since then. Period.

EDIT: And FYI: I really hated having to do the search and having to pull this up and explain it like this. I'm not hating on TK, I'm just saying that this is what was said...he's saying that's not what he said...so I felt like I needed to show you, Nitro, that it WAS said and it seems TK wants to debate the semantics of what he said. With what he is now saying about how David Carr would shine on this team now...well, I want to be done with this argument and put it to bed once and for all. All I did this for was to show that stuff wasn't being made up on here. It is what it is, I suppose.
Old 11-17-2011   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Now, back to the topic of this thread.

Glad to see he's going to get some R&R back in California, see his family and friends, they all need a chance to have a few days off.

I always wondered what it felt like to be a pro sports player and know that you're probably working right through Thanksgiving and Christmas...missing out on a lot of free time in those holidays that we are all accustomed to having with our own families. That the guys have these extra free days to themselves--so close to Thanksgiving--is a huge blessing, IMO.

I feel really confident about the game vs. Jax, btw.
Old 11-17-2011   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like to get in other peoples debates, but I don't remember TK saying slaton had his best year last year(which is what he denied saying) ...

I remember him saying Slaton was running better. (Which is something that you didn't have to search for because he said that in this thread; on this page in fact)

I don't know if I agree with him or not, but those statements are not the same thing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't like to get in other peoples debates, but I don't remember TK saying slaton had his best year last year(which is what he denied saying) ...
Reading comprehension is a mother....

I also said David Carr straight out of college...

But they're not hearing me.
Old 11-17-2011   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
BURN THEM!!!

oh wait... that's witches isn't it?

never mind
Only if they're made of wood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
Old 11-17-2011   #69
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think stuff like this is always overplayed on both sides of the debate, but I must admit, I liked that Carson Palmer told his WRs in Oakland that they didn't have a bye week. They worked out during the bye week, getting used to each other. I would have liked to have seen something like that with Leinart, but Leinart does have some field time with these receivers. I don't think the mandated time off has anything to do with anything, unless the Raiders and/or Carson Palmer get fined all of a sudden.

Really though, a non-story.
Old 11-17-2011   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think stuff like this is always overplayed on both sides of the debate, but I must admit, I liked that Carson Palmer told his WRs in Oakland that they didn't have a bye week. They worked out during the bye week, getting used to each other. I would have liked to have seen something like that with Leinart, but Leinart does have some field time with these receivers. I don't think the mandated time off has anything to do with anything, unless the Raiders and/or Carson Palmer get fined all of a sudden.

Really though, a non-story.
I agree. This is Lineart's 2nd year with the team, it's not like he has a new playbook to learn.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #71
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 265 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with above. Matt Lainart will be ready against the Jags. Question is will he be starter ready.. I say yes mainly because Kubiak is a QB coach, he gives Schuab good open guys to throw to most of the time. And Schuab gets real shaky on his 3rd read like he feels the sack already, hopefully Matt can use his better feet work to buy some time or get the ball out quick, because they're coming to blitz. But knowing Kubiak he'll throw in a TE screen for 30 yards then go back to his ground and pound.. I don't see our offense changing much except on boot leg nakeds, and PA because he's a lefty.
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #72
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Link: What he's been doing

“He has spent a lot of extra time working on our drops and our progressions,” Knapp said. “What we believe is so important is the way our footwork is tied in with our progressions. That’s what we spend a lot of extra time on.

"As far as the classroom goes, he is definitely one of the sharpest guys I’ve worked with… Matt’s very studious about knowing his progressions with the reads based on the coverages he’s getting.”

Linkage
I'm glad you posted this Kimmy. Everything I have heard from Matt Schaub to Kurt Warner about Matt Leinart has been great. Even Leinart saying that he stays after every practice to throw balls and getting his feet work down with Knapp. This guy is ready to lead this team deep in the playoffs!!

Kimmy I tried to rep you but I need to spread!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #73
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reading comprehension is a mother....

I also said David Carr straight out of college...

But they're not hearing me.
This is just a football conversation for god's sake. He just posted your exact words and you're still denying it. Are you even able to comprehend what you type or is lying just that common for you?

Quote:
"I think he was a better runner in 2010 than he was in 2008."
Now here you are further attempting to illustrate that point in the same thread.

Quote:
"He averaged 4.9 ypc on what averaged out to 2 carries per game. If he touched the ball that little in 2008, I doubt he would have averaged 3 ypc. Just like everyone is saying, he'd break a huge run to get his average up in 2008, not so in 2010. "
Quote:
Slaton ran every bit as good as Ward did in 2011.

Your words are what they are and you can't change them now. I didn't even remember what the thread title was, nor did I even care to take the time to search through 100's of threads just to prove you wrote some ridiculous statement like that. If you can't even man up about something so trivial, it's just further proof that you're a waste of time to discuss anything football related. But to call out some lame ass reading comprehension bullshit is just pathetic and you know it.

Quote:
Well since you are meddling into this debate than do us all a favor and read what we're actually talking about which is an older thread where these statements were made. GP provided the link for you to read if you wanted to interject, so read it before stating what he did or didn't say because if you had it wasn't debatable what he wrote, unless his next response is going to be that his account was hacked.

Quote:
I remember him saying Slaton was running better. (Which is something that you didn't have to search for because he said that in this thread; on this page in fact)
We're not talking about this thread. We're talking about an older thread for the last time.

Quote:
Prove it. I'm curious if TK really said that.
Next time search for this stuff yourself if your curiosity is strong instead of demanding others to do it. I sure as hell wasn't going to search through 100's of threads to prove something like that. GP happened to remember the thread and probably found it really fast, but find it yourself next time.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 11-17-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #74
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I'm glad you posted this Kimmy. Everything I have heard from Matt Schaub to Kurt Warner about Matt Leinart has been great. Even Leinart saying that he stays after every practice to throw balls and getting his feet work down with Knapp. This guy is ready to lead this team deep in the playoffs!!

Kimmy I tried to rep you but I need to spread!
All of it sounds good, but I'm just anxious to see it play out.

I think Leinart will be fine, but I've been wrong before so I'm not 100% sold on it. Everything is aligned for him so hopefully he can take advantage.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Next time search for this stuff yourself if your curiosity is strong instead of demanding others to do it. I sure as hell wasn't going to search through 100's of threads to prove something like that. GP happened to remember the thread and probably found it really fast, but find it yourself next time.
Next time, get someone to proofread your argument.

You're still not getting it.

I never said what you said I said.

You have proven that I did say what I said I said. I am not denying any of the statements you most recently quoted.
Old 11-18-2011   #76
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is just a football conversation for god's sake. He just posted your exact words and you're still denying it. Are you even able to comprehend what you type or is lying just that common for you?

Now here you are further attempting to illustrate that point in the same thread.

Your words are what they are and you can't change them now. I didn't even remember what the thread title was, nor did I even care to take the time to search through 100's of threads just to prove you wrote some ridiculous statement like that. If you can't even man up about something so trivial, it's just further proof that you're a waste of time to discuss anything football related. But to call out some lame ass reading comprehension bullshit is just pathetic and you know it.

Well since you are meddling into this debate than do us all a favor and read what we're actually talking about which is an older thread where these statements were made. GP provided the link for you to read if you wanted to interject, so read it before stating what he did or didn't say because if you had it wasn't debatable what he wrote, unless his next response is going to be that his account was hacked.

We're not talking about this thread. We're talking about an older thread for the last time.

WTF crawled up your puckerhole? Search for it myself? I had no clue where to begin. Its YOUR and GP's accusation. I was demanding others? How novel...
Old 11-18-2011   #77
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who are concerned that Matt L. will not be watching game film etc... because he didn't say so, he also didn't say he was going to be tapping Jay Cutler's fiancee but you and all the world knows she's going to be in the hot tub all Bye week!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #78
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you know which poster posted what you are trying to search for, it ain't that hard and it doesn't take that long. Click on the person's name, click on statistics, click on find all post by person "x" and scroll through the post complete with thread title.

Now if the person has 10K post and it was posted years ago that would take a long time and it might be quicker using keywords and the search feature. But if it was recent is shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if you adamant about digging it up to prove a point. But carry on folks......
Old 11-18-2011   #79
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
If you know which poster posted what you are trying to search for, it ain't that hard and it doesn't take that long. Click on the person's name, click on statistics, click on find all post by person "x" and scroll through the post complete with thread title.

Now if the person has 10K post and it was posted years ago that would take a long time and it might be quicker using keywords and the search feature. But if it was recent is shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if you adamant about digging it up to prove a point. But carry on folks......
Seriously? Now I feel bad for asking for a link.

*walks away*

Rough crowd these days...
Old 11-18-2011   #80
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously? Now I feel bad for asking for a link.

*walks away*

Rough crowd these days...
It is a rough crowd these days, and not really my cup of tea TBH. I hope my post didn't come off the same way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read