Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2011   #21
mirage
Texans Fan!

Rep Power: 0 mirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart and Schaub had dinner Monday; Leinart flew to Cali for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Matt Schaub made the comment on 610 yesterday that Matt L has been showing up with him at 6am everyday to study film, and go over things they need to know. They boy should be prepared, that's his job!! Time will tell if all this preparation will pay off. I believe it will!
That's awesome. It is hard to take Kubes' enthusiasm as a resounding endorsement (see: KJax and Okoye in years past lol), but this 6am thing makes me feel better about it. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but seeing how the O-Line adjusts (factoring in a different blind side and maybe more runs going the other way?) will be interesting for sure.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart and Schaub had dinner Monday; Leinart flew to Cali for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
They have already had 11 padded practices as mandated by the league. 11 of those 14 practices must be before week 11 (one per week). It is only after the BYE that they are allowed to have two in one week but they are not required to have two. It is left to their discrection.
Interesting, I knew they had already did some of them but didn't the exact time table on them, thanks for posting. I wonder if they will use at least one next week? I'd assume so, leaving only two more for the year. He needs to practice against "live bullets" IMO.
Old 11-16-2011   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Interesting, I knew they had already did some of them but didn't the exact time table on them, thanks for posting. I wonder if they will use at least one next week? I'd assume so, leaving only two more for the year. He needs to practice against "live bullets" IMO.
Seeing that they will have had a week off, a padded practice at that point might be a good thing...

Maybe spread the other ones out and keep one on the back burner if we show up flat one week...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see that Matt & Matt have a "cozy" relationship.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak can turn Lienart into a good QB, he will be revered as one of the greatest QB coaches in the NFL. Although, he couldn't fix David Carr, so who knows...
Old 11-16-2011   #26
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
He p..p..p..p..promised? I hope that was the media's word and not his, because it is really hard to play QB with tears in your eyes.
that didn't even make sense. Why would he have tears in his eyes after promising not to F up the season Schaub has started?

Sure he's made promises without tears. Maybe you're just a "sensitive" kind of guy...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #27
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If Kubiak can turn Lienart into a good QB, he will be revered as one of the greatest QB coaches in the NFL. Although, he couldn't fix David Carr, so who knows...
GOD himself couldn't fix David Carr. Can't fix someone who wasn't willing to fix themselves ie, showing up at 6 am to watch film, work ethic, thinking his dad was a better QB coach than the one he had....

Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011   #28
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
that didn't even make sense. Why would he have tears in his eyes after promising not to F up the season Schaub has started?

Sure he's made promises without tears. Maybe you're just a "sensitive" kind of guy...
It was a joke. The wording of that part of the article made it sound like a sappy love story, instead of a guy who has matured and is ready to take over a football team. Promises are meaningless, it's the on-field stuff that counts.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The Texans are not practicing (like most teams) during the bye week. If I am not mistaken, all of the players are off until sunday or next Monday.
They had their team meeting Monday, then individual work-outs & rehab yesterday.

You are correct, they will be off from now until Monday
Old 11-16-2011   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I thought it was 5 days? No?
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere with the new CBA it's 4 days, but can't swear to it. I guess with mandatory Tuesdays off, maybe it is 5.
Old 11-16-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Big difference.

I don't know that Kubiak couldn't "fix" Carr, but definitely not in the time frame he had to work with. Carr was beaten down & needed time off the field to get his head right.

Matt's been sitting around for 3 years, behind Kurt Warner & Matt Schaub.

Plus we have a team that David Carr would probably flourish on had he came straight out of college.
Old 11-16-2011   #32
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
It was a joke. The wording of that part of the article made it sound like a sappy love story, instead of a guy who has matured and is ready to take over a football team. Promises are meaningless, it's the on-field stuff that counts.
Well I promise next time I'll take your post as a joke...

*tear* You complete me Mini Me...

Old 11-16-2011   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I think "down time" is very important and Leinert gettin out of town and back home to SCal for a break for a few days is a positive move. I think the game in Jacksonville would have been a tough game even with Shaub still healthy and what's important is that Leinert be rested (physically and psycholicaly), and ready for a 6 game series plus hopefully one or more playoff games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Aah, give 'em the 4 days off. Sometimes getting away for a short break is a good and healthy thing. Maybe Leinart will especially benefit from being home and hearing family and friends' words of encouragement, then getting back to work with a somewhat refreshed feel about things.

This is exactly right. This week they can't practice. That's the way the rules work. The last thing he needs to be doing is sitting around obsessing over this game during a week when he really can't do much to prepare for it beyond individual work/study. He should unwind, hang out with his family & friends and hear all that encouragement from a bunch of people who no-doubt genuinely believe in him and know he'll succeed.

Then come back recharged and start working with his teammates on beating the cats in the litter box.

On an unrelated side-note I was changing my cats litter box last night. We put the plastic box in a big heavy black contractor bag and then push the bag down into the plastic box. Then we pour the litter in on top of it. This makes changing it very easy because you just pull the bag off inside out and get everything in one pass. It also makes my cats litter box look exactly like it's ringed in black tarps. The resemblance to EverBank Field* is uncanny.

*That's what they're calling it this week I guess.
Old 11-16-2011   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

You need time to rest. He hasn't been playing, but he has been at it all year and it isn't an easy life. Recharge and get us to the promised land.
Old 11-16-2011   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 248016 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this, like, a candlelight Matt & Matt dinner???

Last edited by Playoffs; 11-16-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think David Carr was broken when Kubiak arrived. He had poor work habits, was not a student of the game, and was not dedicated to intense film study. These are all things that he has admitted to after he left here.

I give Kubiak a pass on Carr because it was McNair's condition for getting the job. And besides, he had Carr in good enough shape to help us finally beat the [eventual Super Bowl champion] Colts for the first time in franchise history.
Old 11-16-2011   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think David Carr was broken when Kubiak arrived. He had poor work habits, was not a student of the game, and was not dedicated to intense film study. These are all things that he has admitted to after he left here.

I give Kubiak a pass on Carr because it was McNair's condition for getting the job. And besides, he had Carr in good enough shape to help us finally beat the [eventual Super Bowl champion] Colts for the first time in franchise history.
Sounds like the same things Leinart said about his time in Arizona. What makes Leinart not "broken" now? I have a terrible feeling about this. I sense a train barreling into rush hour pedestrian traffic.

Matt Leinart AKA the left-handed David Carr.
Old 11-16-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Sounds like the same things Leinart said about his time in Arizona. What makes Leinart not "broken" now? I have a terrible feeling about this. I sense a train barreling into rush hour pedestrian traffic.

Matt Leinart AKA the left-handed David Carr.
On NFLN Kurt Warner had said that Lienart had already matured from that stage before Kurt left.

The speculation is that Wisenhunt & Lienart clashed for some unknown reason.

& the last three weeks should make it clear we won't be asking him to do the same things he was asked to do in Arizona. All they had, was Warner, Fitz, & Darnell Docket. We've got a legit running game, a legit defense, a legit OL, & a legit H.O.F. WR.

David Carr would shine on this team.
Old 11-16-2011   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
On NFLN Kurt Warner had said that Lienart had already matured from that stage before Kurt left.

& the last three weeks should make it clear we won't be asking him to do the same things he was asked to do in Arizona. All they had, was Warner, Fitz, & Darnell Docket. We've got a legit running game, a legit defense, a legit OL, & a legit H.O.F. WR.

**** me to tears! You say some whacked crap sometimes, TK, but this takes the cake.
Old 11-16-2011   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Carr had a legit defense with Glenn and Payne. He had the same HOF WR that Schaub has now. Domanick Davis was no schlub when he broke out. Things were rocking in 2004.

Also, I don't think the Texans badmouthed Carr when he left.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read